• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Counter Sniper Scopes

takeaim1st

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2009
Would appreciate any info about the Counter Sniper brand of scopes.Quality,performance,etc.

Re: Counter Sniper Scopes

1) Fill out your profile.
2) Use search function.
3) Read first, ask stupid questions later.
4) If after reading the 50 or so threads on the issue, you still have a question (and at this point, rest assured, it will be a stupid question) post it in the OPTICS section where it belongs.

19Scout77, No such thing as a stupid question. sarcasm is rampant. If you are bored,nothing better to do than make non-productive remarks,look in the mirror, the answer to your boredom awaits you.

If you really think my remarks are non-productive then you are beyond help.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime.

If you got off you ass and actually did a little (and I mean all of 2 minutes) work, you'd be able to find answers to your questions without having to depend on others.

How's that breast milk taste?

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...rue#Post1017632

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...true#Post979516

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...true#Post877542

In his defense.....scopes go onto rifles.....and maybe "OPTICS" confuses newbies.....

Have some search little boy

NEWBIE SEARCH

Can we make the link to this search engine a sticky or actually a link in the welcome PM that lead new guys to this link?

SCOUT....I think he just told you to go jerk off in front of a Mirror!!! I gotta try that!!!! BRB
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How's that breast milk taste?</div></div>

HAHAHA!
crazy.gif
grin.gif

No way!!

How the hell is that possible takeain1st????? Just plunking around drinking my coffee and it seems that I have already given 2-3 replies to your replies/posts......seriously man I didn't mean to pick on you but now......ehh John Plaster was a good stock designer!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: takeaim1st</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would appreciate any info about the Counter Sniper brand of scopes.Quality,performance,etc. </div></div>

takeaim1st,

I would buy one if I were you. They are made from proprietary metals, have superior glass and are used my Special Operations Groups of the military and clandestine government operatives throughout the world.

Some of these guys are just jealous. Please report back on your personal experience with the scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: takeaim1st</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No such thing as a stupid question. </div></div>

Someone lied to you. However I am feeling gracious today.

Counter Sniper Scopes are a step above the "cheap" tasco's. At the last school I went to the sniper next to me was using one on his personally owned rifle. IIRC it did not pass the tracking test to 900 yards. A scope that doesn't tract true doesn't belong on a precision rifle.

In reality all you have to do is smell the bullshit coming off of their website to see the reality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1) Fill out your profile.
2) Use search function.
4) If after reading the 50 or so threads on the issue, you still have a question (and at this point, rest assured, it will be a stupid question) post it in the OPTICS section where it belongs. </div></div>

I agree that he should search etc.. But there is no reason to be a dick.

Was the impact of this redundant question so negative on your life that you felt it was warranted to talk to him this way? Or does it make you feel cool to chastise a new guy from the security/anonymity of the internet in a way you likely would not if he asked you the same question face to face at the range?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In his defense.....scopes go onto rifles.....and maybe "OPTICS" confuses newbies.....

Have some search little boy

NEWBIE SEARCH

Can we make the link to this search engine a sticky or actually a link in the welcome PM that lead new guys to this link?

SCOUT....I think he just told you to go jerk off in front of a Mirror!!! I gotta try that!!!! BRB
shocked.gif
</div></div>

The search engine here is not a very good one. There is a guy (maybe more) that put together his own and it is very effective. Maybe we could link that one as a sticky. I have it saved in my bookmarks and will try and hot link it. Havent done it before, but will try.

To the OP. All the info you seek is here, just spend a little time searching and you will find most of what you need and then you can ask specific questions if you still have them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: takeaim1st</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No such thing as a stupid question. </div></div>

Someone lied to you. However I am feeling gracious today.

Counter Sniper Scopes are a step above the "cheap" tasco's. At the last school I went to the sniper next to me was using one on his personally owned rifle. IIRC it did not pass the tracking test to 900 yards. A scope that doesn't tract true doesn't belong on a precision rifle.

In reality all you have to do is smell the bullshit coming off of their website to see the reality. </div></div>

I have never used one, but I agree with this.

Even if they are great optics, the overwhelming BS in their marketing would cause me to shy away from them.

Also, in their price range there are decent optics on the used market. Add a couple hundred more and you are in the range of plenty of proven scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1) Fill out your profile.
2) Use search function.
4) If after reading the 50 or so threads on the issue, you still have a question (and at this point, rest assured, it will be a stupid question) post it in the OPTICS section where it belongs. </div></div>

I agree that he should search etc.. But there is no reason to be a dick.

Was the impact of this redundant question so negative on your life that you felt it was warranted to talk to him this way? Or does it make you feel cool to chastise a new guy from the security/anonymity of the internet in a way you likely would not if he asked you the same question face to face at the range? </div></div>
It's the internet, anyone can be a tough guy

WOW! Skins are a little thin today! For what its worth, I give way more smart-assed responses in person.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW! Skins are a little thin today! For what its worth, I give way more smart-assed responses in person.

</div></div>

Right.

i have one, and i must say, for a cheap scope it isnt to terribly bad. Would i buy one again, no but for what its used for it works just fine. The glass isnt to shabby and the only problem that i had out of it was that the magnification ring got stuck, i put a little bit of wrist strength into it and it came free. I havent had any other problems than that. Like i said for the price it isnt a bad scope, but there are better out there for the money.

Expecting people to have a little respect for what may be a new shooter is not thin skinned. It is common courtesy, not to mention common sense.

Anything you can do to encourage others to come to our side of 2A issues is a good thing. To do the opposite is foolish and hurts our cause.

Thatswhy its called bait sometimes,now go back to the mirro and wipe it off your face,get over it ,bet its not the first time nor will it be the last you step in it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: takeaim1st</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thatswhy its called bait sometimes,now go back to the mirro and wipe it off your face,get over it ,bet its not the first time nor will it be the last you step in it. </div></div>

Que?

hey listen man, you came into the wrong forum asked a question that when searched would have given you the answers you were looking for. Then you get all pissy when some one gives you a smart ass remark. Get a life man, its the internet. Grow some thicker skin and take the smart ass comments for what they are, comments. I gave you the answer you were looking for and something tells me that if you were face to face with some of the people on here that you are talking shit to you wouldnt have the balls to say anything close to what your saying. So read my response to your question, and go on about your day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey listen man, you came into the wrong forum asked a question that when searched would have given you the answers you were looking for. Then you get all pissy when some one gives you a smart ass remark. Get a life man, its the internet. Grow some thicker skin and take the smart ass comments for what they are, comments. I gave you the answer you were looking for and something tells me that if you were face to face with some of the people on here that you are talking shit to you wouldnt have the balls to say anything close to what your saying. So read my response to your question, and go on about your day. </div></div>

To whom are you talking? There are multiple people involved in this thread. Either use the quote, or address your response to someone in particular. Makes the conversation flow. LOL

POPCORN PLEASE,go ahead boltripper i know you are sitting on your hands right know,gritting your teeth trying to keep your hands from flying to the keyboard.

I dont think the OP got pissy. I think he fired back a smart ass remark, responding to Scouts smart assed remark. Nothing wrong with that. Scout knows to expect to get whatcha give.

Settle down fellas.

OP:

They're not worth the money. Ive never owned one, but know two guys that have. They dont track. They're not the best glass. And, they arent tops in the durability department either.

people who truly seek advice and can read instructions usually got the good common sense to shutthefuckup and absorb that which goes on here.....i have met way too many people in several states that tell me how long it was before they started posting Here at the Hide and contributed .......there will always be the keyboard commando.....they stick out like a bad rash.....they don't stay around very long.....

deadly0311, I made no remarks or comments to anyone other than 19Scout77. I do appreciate the positive remarks from everyone that replied with one.

deadly0311, you did this exact same thing with me when I asked you to look at the top of the Reloading section when you were looking for .308 loads and if I remember right you said you hated assholes like me. I do believe you got pissy with me. Be careful what you say on here people do have memories as well as computers with memories.

Eddie

Bottom line is that the consensus is that there are better options for the money than the CS scopes.

And I think most everyone here is turned off by Counter Snipers poseur-ish feeling marketing hype.

Save a little and buy a MKIV or used NF. Or even a USO ST-10 if you like fixed power.

ETA- I may be off base on my pricing estimates above, because I havent done any research on CS, but if I recall they are in the $800 price range, right?

yeah i guess what i was trying to get at is that i did the same thing when i had my first few posts then lightened up and got some thicker skin

dontstrokeme, I was refering to the printing on the stock of the rifle I was describing. I dont know anything about Maj. Plasters ability to design rifle stocks, however I think His credentials would qualify Him to make a knowledgeable effort.

LoneWolfUSMC, I never thought all the razzle-dazzle Dark Ops used in their advertisment of the scopes was believeable, just wanted to know what experiences those that purchased one have had with them. Thanks

hydro556, Look at all of the post,kinda like a squad thats been under heat regrouping,those that have been there know. I am seriously considering Horus vision,but bet your a_ _, any inquirys will be posted on the optics forum.

No worries...just fun to pitch shit!!! But seriously the Choads will work better than a factory tupperware....but it is about like going from Kia to Hyundai....they are not built well.....or ergonomicly

WELCOME!!!
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime.

</div></div>

Well that's not entirely true.

Give a man a fish, he gets to eat fish; teach a man to fish and now he has to buy a rod, reel, line, sinkers, hooks, floats, bait, bait bucket, rod bell, fish finder, trolling motor, battery, boat, anchor, rope, chairs for boat, live well for fish caught, life jacket, fishing license, bug repellent, tape measure, and weight scale. Now if he actually learned what you taught him and he is a little lucky then he gets to eat fish.

laugh.gif

Other than the fako adverts of the distributor there is not much wrong with the CS scopes. I have owned a couple when I was hunting some cheap glass they fit what I needed without having to pay an arm and leg for those features. They track okay, clicks are not all that positive, the turret lock sux, glass is barely okay, they are heavy and bulky as all get out, the IR is chessy but works.
But if you want a low magnification 30mm cheap scope with turrets and mil dots there are not many cheap alternatives out there. In the low magnification models I would say they are decent deals. For the higher magnification powers there is better glass for the money.

I forgot to add that I found another scope with the same features that I am using now, but cant remember the name. The new scope is even cheaper in price than the CS but it remains to be seen if it will perform okay. I use these cheapos on subsonic guns that I am going to be using night vision with and low magnification is a must, as is enough elevation to get to 300 yards.

Average price for dealers is $300-$400, which puts them side by side with Super Snipers for me since SWFA does not sell them at a discount to dealers. Next to imposible to find decent glass for that price. So the question becomes...of the two which is better?

Yes, the marketing tactics are big turn off for me as well!

Better SS or CSC.....SS is better but I have never owned a variable x SS. I find both to be a bit cheezy, but serviceable. If your using a spotting scope anyways all they got to do is be repeatible and let you center up your target.