• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Couple of Kansas Muleys

OKbow87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2006
Oklahoma City, OK
I just realized I hadn't posted these pics over here yet. My buddy and I hunted units 2 and 1 in Kansas during the early muzzleloader season. We were lucky enough to take a couple of nice bucks. I do have to admit that I missed a much bigger buck than the one I killed. :( Still couldn't tell you how I missed him. I ended up shooting my buck on the last evening on the hunt. Both the big buck I missed and the one I killed came from WIHA land. Kansas does a good job of leasing some good places for their walk in program. My buddies buck came from some private land we were given access to. Needless to say we had one heck of a time!

ktev.jpg

k6uh.jpg

k1ot.jpg

cp9.JPG

Nice job! Maybe next year you'll be able to find that other muley and settle the score...

Thanks guys. Unfortunately it is a pretty difficult tag to draw for a non resident. It is a really weird draw process. You have to draw a whitetail only tag first, and then they put you into a separate drawing for the mule deer stamp. If you draw the mule deer stamp, then your tag becomes an either species tag. The problem is they only give out 40 - 50 mule deer stamps per unit for non residents. So your chances of not drawing it and having a whitetail only tag are pretty good. The other problem is there are way way more mule deer than whitetails in that area of Kansas. I dunno that it would be worth the price of admission to do a whitetail hunt in that area. It probably wont keep me from trying again sometime in the future though!