• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Couple of my animals...

HellsCanyonArmory

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2010
Idaho
www.facebook.com
Figured you guys would enjoy seeing some of the animals I've killed... not a whole lot, but they're all in the last 5 years. Youngest of 4 kids and the first to hunt so had to pretty much learn everything from scratch!

'09 ID bull (my first bull)
WahaBull12.jpg

WahaBull9.jpg

WahaBull7.jpg

'08 Bull that I helped pack out (IE: NOT MINE!)
I believe it went #7 for WA typical archery with a score of 372 or something like that...
042_42-1.jpg

Another:
040_40.jpg

Fall of '07 I guided this 13 YO kid to this buck... AWESOME HUNT!
PB110269.jpg

Another fall of '07 buck that I guided a guy to:
11-09-07_1333.jpg

Idaho '07 Cougar that I shot:
IdahoColorado044.jpg

IdahoColorado045.jpg

Colorado '07 Buck I shot (my senior present to myself was taking the fall off of school and hunting/guiding):
IdahoColorado071.jpg

Re: Couple of my animals...

First Archery Deer '06:
Success.jpg

2005 Cow Elk, 548 yard heart shot... just a little bit of luck before I knew any better.
ElkHunt05012.jpg

ElkHunt05011.jpg

2005 Black Bear (color phase). Squared 6'8" with a 19" skull.
05Oct4.jpg

05Oct5.jpg

05Oct6.jpg

05Oct11.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics! I've shot one more deer than is posted, but it wasy in 2001 and I don't have the picture scanned...

Looking forward to 2010!

Mike

Thanks guys, sure a lot of memories go along with all of those pictures!

Got REAL lucky with that cougar... was hunting deer in Idaho and a cougar walked out in front of me. Bad idea for him = awesomeness for me!

Mike

Way to go! I kinda wish I lived in an area that had the amount of wildlife like your showing. Out in MD you are very limited on what you can hunt in the way of big game.

-Z

Thanks! I feel lucky to have gotten my Idaho residency, originally being from WA the hunting is much better here in ID.

You guy's would be interested to know the bullet performance on my elk and bear.

The Cow elk shooting a bare bones Rem 700 30-06 at 548 yards entered behind the shoulder breaking a rip, through the heart/vitals and into the offside shoulder bone breaking the shoulder and completely passing through. This was with factory Federal Premium Trophy bonded bear claws at 180 grains.

The bear I shot behind the should at 250 yards quartering away from me. I hit the lungs and broke the offside shoulder with the bullet stopping right underneath the skin on the far shoulder. Perfectly mushroomed 165 grain Federal Premium Sierra Gameking. Too bad I left it down in the bottom of that damn canyon!

My Bull elk this year was shot with a Federal premium loaded with 180 grain Barns TSX and at 348 yards it was again a complete pasthrough. My hunting partner who is a member here was really surprised at the performance of the rifle/bullet.

Mike

I would say you have done very well for learning the trade yourself. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Great job and great memories.
But
Blow out a back and wind up not being able to guide, then where are you at?

Get your ass back in school and get your diploma. Then hunt all you can,just have something to fall back on. Taking a year off H.S is highly not advisable

Kudos to you for picking up hunting on your own brother pass on to as many as you can! Those are some great pics, great animals and great memories>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STRICK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kudos to you for picking up hunting on your own brother pass on to as many as you can! Those are some great pics, great animals and great memories> </div></div>
yup.. what he said !

Great pictures. They'll mean a lot more when you get older.
ALWAYS keep a camera with you when hunting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great job and great memories.
But
Blow out a back and wind up not being able to guide, then where are you at?

Get your ass back in school and get your diploma. Then hunt all you can,just have something to fall back on. Taking a year off H.S is highly not advisable </div></div>

Must've misunderstood me... I graduated highschool (2 classes short of my 2 year college AA degree btw) then took the following fall off to hunt/guide. Then finished up my AA degree winter quarter at central WA university, along with some random classes that spring quarter.

Currently in my junior year at U of Idaho and will graduate easily next spring with a bachelors in Rangeland Ecology and Management...

Thanks guys! I got my brother into hunting and after I graduate he's gonna start hunting ID with me every year!

Mike

Well done. I have hunted all my life and do not know many hunters that have collected what you have. I sure haven't. I probably have you beat with squirrels though. Next, start a meat preparation and recipe thread. The elk I have had beats just about everything.