• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Couple of new rifles

pd721el

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2008
Sioux Falls SD
Well I just received a rifle back from ARPredator and it looks awesome. He coated the stock in camo and the metal in OD. I had this rifle built last fall and took a nice buck with the 36th round out of it, but it wasn’t complete at that time. It is a printed 700 SA, pinned Badger lug, Wyatt box and Kampfeld fluted bolt. The barrel is a 23” #3 fluted Broughton 8 twist in 260 Rem. Bedded in a HS sporter stock with Talley rings. The scope is undecided at this time.
Picture267-1.jpg

Picture266-1.jpg

The second is a 338 Edge repeater:
Lawton 7000 action, lug and base, RB trigger, Manners camo MCST, custom bottom metal and a 30" fluted Rock Creek 9.4 tw Rem varmint with a DE brake.
Picture261-1.jpg

Picture259-2.jpg

Picture257-1.jpg

Re: Couple of new rifles

30 calsniper, you don't do too bad yourself. I have to thank 30cal, He and Tom Manners re-inlet the stock for the custom bottom metal I got from MikeI here on the hide, and touched up the paint on the Edge. He also hooked me up with the matching color paint for the metal. I just haven't got it on yet.
Both guns are shooting pretty well. I would say both are honest 1/2 MOA at 100, the edge is clearly better right now. I haven't had a windless day to stretch them out for real.

Those are nice rigs. And excellent caliber choices if I may add. The 260 to me is one of the best compromises between performance, recoil, barrel life, easy of reloading, etc. The 338 Edge is just a hammer down range.

Both are great looking rifles, I think I'll be shooting a 260 in the near future when I get the funds to rebarrel my 721.

That hunting rig looks really nice. Thats close to something that I would spec out for myself............ So when your ready to sell it send me a pm
wink.gif