• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Couple of Questions...

planebuilder

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2012
Burleson, Texas
I just purchased an IOR 3-18x42 FFP, Illuminated MP8-X1 reticle for my 300WM build. This is my first premium scope (used to only own Leupold), my first FFP, and my first mil reticle. . . . . basically a complete shift in paradigm from what I was previously used to.

I received the scope and really like it, but I was surprised to see a couple of things.

First, only the center dot is illuminated. I am not bothered by that, but I was expecting the entire reticle to be lit, like the MP-8 Illuminated reticle. Any thoughts from guys that use a center dot illumination vs fully illuminated reticle? Pros/cons? Experiences? Likes/dislikes?

Second, I was surprised to see that on 18x, I can only see 5.5 mil of elevation. Again, this is the first FFP scope I have owned so I have nothing to compare it to, but I thought I would be able to see at least 8 mil at 18x. As it is, if I am zeroed at 300yd, I could only use 18x out to 850yds before I have to crank down the power. . . . . am I missing something? Is this normal?