• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Cover for 30P1

mark42quin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2010
Edgewood, NM
Sooo... got a Thunderbeast 30P1 coming in a few weeks, I was wondering what a goot "cover" for it is? Also, do they really get very hot when using them? I am new to "suppressors" so excuse my nubieness....

Re: Cover for 30P1

I prefer the TAB SAS1, I know that the TBAC guys requested a special cover which has been since rolled out as the SAS3. How it attaches is a little different, but the effect is the same. The bottom line is that they work well, just chose the model and color that you prefer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can order the correctly fitting TAB cover from TBAC. They stock them. </div></div>

This, and yes they get hot. Perfect fit (I have it slid forward a bit in this image, it fits just past the muzzle end);
IMG_2654copy.jpg

TAB is the way to go.

Do they get hot? Depends on your rate of fire. But the short answer is yes. You do not want to grab it with your hands even with the cover on. Let it cool. One or two rounds ain't a big deal but to be safe always assume it is hot.

Enjoy your can. It works great.

great! thanks a bunch guys, I really appreciate it. Also, I know there's been a bunch of discussion "to clean, or not to clean"??? Any thoughts on this particular model???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can order the correctly fitting TAB cover from TBAC. They stock them.</div></div> ok, call me dumb but I don't see it on the website...yes, I did look I promise. I have a 30-P1 on the way, once ATF gets it completed, and I am looking for a cover too. Anybody got a link?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can order the correctly fitting TAB cover from TBAC. They stock them.</div></div> ok, call me dumb but I don't see it on the website...yes, I did look I promise. I have a 30-P1 on the way, once ATF gets it completed, and I am looking for a cover too. Anybody got a link? </div></div>

Where did I post that they had them listed on their web site?

email or pick up the phone and they'll take care of you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can order the correctly fitting TAB cover from TBAC. They stock them.</div></div> ok, call me dumb but I don't see it on the website...yes, I did look I promise. I have a 30-P1 on the way, once ATF gets it completed, and I am looking for a cover too. Anybody got a link? </div></div>

Where did I post that they had them listed on their web site?

email or pick up the phone and they'll take care of you.</div></div> What not on a website...I actually have to talk to someone...that is so 20th century
eek.gif

I have a 30P-1 and a TAB Gear SAS3 cover.
Good investment!
Not only does it keep the mirage down, but it also makes the 30P-1 with it's 100% TI construction sound even better.
(Without it, TI suppressors can have a bit of a "ping" sound to them.)

One thing to take note of though, slide the cover over the barrel before your screw on the suppressor.
If you put the cover on the suppressor and then screw the can on the rifle, the cover will likely get pinched between the barrel and the suppressor.

SAS3 is the cats ass. Just used mine this weekend at Sporting Rifle Match in Raton. No more MUZZLE MIRAGE...actually get to see the distant mirage again after the second shot.

The SAS3 is great because you can shuck it down and let the barrel cool between strings, then easily slide it back on.

Great design, works like champ.

-David

Again, the TAB cover is the only way to go. I got mine at Riflesinc.com
They were great!
Big benefit of the cover is holding down the mirage from the heat that rises off a bare one.

yo Dave.... from Edgewood? Me too... woulda gone to Raton but was busy killin grouse across the mountain in Canjilon... gotta talk, PM me when you get a chance about covers!

Q

Covers are great...until they aren't.

And when they aren't, they are the worst thing possible for a can.

Low volume fire. Cover your can with your favorite flavor until you see the mirage rise. And then? Take it off, altogether off your can. Why? Its time to cool your can down as quickly as possible and ANY cover will work against your interests. Leave it off until you get cool.

Cool is quiet, cool is structural strength. Heat is the enemy of suppression. Once hot, off.