• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Covid and my workplace

madppcs

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2011
    Forest hill, Louisiana
    I work offshore and my rig has a policy that we come down a couple days early for covid testing. Once we get our negative results we are cleared for crew change. Once this vaccination (Its not a vaccination by the way) came out, my company like many companies started encouraging for us to get the shot. Only a few people on my rig got the shot, so my company changed its policy. If you get the shot, you dont have to come down to New Orleans early to get tested because those who have the shot dont need to be tested anymore.
    Well 1 hitch goes by and here we go. Outbreak on my rig... 11 test positive after someone feels symptoms and reports to the medic. Im at home during this outbreak, and dont know anything about it yet. I get my travel arrangements to go to New Orleans for testing and then Houma to a hotel to await results for the next days crew change. Its not till that afternoon before crew change (By the way check in at the heliport is 5am) we get an email from our radio operator saying we have a Hot Rig. We dont get an option to refuse travel due to possible infection or any of our health concerns for that matter.
    We get on the rig and find out that 5 of the 11 were in MY DEPT. And that all were Medivac'd just prior to our arrival. 1 of them was my relief (who is not on the rig cause he was medivac'd and we share a room.) As Im unpacking in my room, my coworker knocks on my door and asks me to come check this shit out. He opens his door and theres a stack of Styrofoam plates, used water bottles, the bedding on beds hadnt even been changed. His room hadnt been cleaned/disinfected since the others in our Dept were quarantined in that room. I tell him to immediately get his shit out of there and dont go in until its disinfected.
    Well, after unpacking I get dressed and head into my shop. Theres an Electrician still there from the previous crew. He still has a week left, so we get him to explain to us whats going on. By the end of that day, he tells us he feels kinda bad. We tell him to get his ass to the medic. Well Friday evening rolls around (We got on the rig on a Thursday morning) hes now complaining of severe dry throat, headaches, shivering, and really feeling bad. We tell him to get his ass back to the medic to test. He informs us that he did but tested negative. So he goes test again and now positive. Hes now quarantined. So the rig waits another day, our shop wasnt disinfected until Saturday morning at 1am. The rig tests again and the Electrician I arrived with whos room wasnt cleaned now tests positive.
    So far, out of everyone that was positive the only spaces cleaned and/or disinfected was the individual rooms where positive cases were quarantined, and my shop. No other common spaces on this giant rig were cleaned. Not even the galley...

Everyone that has tested negative before arrival, but got sick ON the rig has been sent home and only paid 8hrs per day straight time. And when your hitch is over, not paid at all. We all get paid 13.5 hrs per day for 21 days out here. So in short, we are getting financially punished for catching a virus that my rig has broken its own policy, intentionally disregarded our own safety and put profit over safety. And if you get sick out here because of it, then youll be punished.

• Angry
    • Sad
    Reactions: 10ring'r and mtrmn
    Forgot to add, we are all 99.999% sure it was the vaccinated workers that brought it out because my company stopped testing them prior to crew change. And of course saving money cause they dont have to pay for a hotel for 2 days and an extra days pay for testing.

Reactions: deersniper
    just the way it is now a days I guess . Two choices kick and stomp your feet get a new job or grin and bear it . On the rail road I rarely saw other people besides the train crew , but if the company said they wanted you wearing the masks , if that's what they want that's what you had to do . I wish you the best of luck not getting sick fingers crossed things get better soon and the bs goes away .

Keep any emails from the company regarding the policies. Get people's names and addresses.....something tells me in a year or so HUGE lawsuits will be hitting the books.

You might not be one of those lawsuit types till you can't work anymore. Just sayin'....

I'm at the point now that I'll be firing up the phone lines to the Public Health office reporting places not using COVID cleaning protocols. Sitting around isn't going to stop the BS in the news.

we are getting financially punished for catching a virus

My company, since March of 2020, was paying people who got exposed/sick at work(we have/had a whole team that does/did contact tracing) and had to quarantine for 14 days. They didnt pay you for 14 days, but they did pay you the work days you were pulled from. Fast forward to June 1 of 2021 and they said "we arent paying anybody anymore because of lots of vaccine, etc..., but if you are exposed you still may have to quarantine...with no pay from the company, but you can pay yourself from your sick bank"... Union threw a shit fit, but because none of it was "in the contract" to begin with, their hands are tied(on one hand I get it, on the other, why didnt we sign a side letter on the covid pay 15 months prior?)... Union says fill out an OJI claim and maybe you get paid from that...

I suspect some of the reason the company shut it off was people were DEFINITELY taking advantage of the situation. "oh yea, sure, yea I was around that person, close contact, oh yea, blah blah blah" and 14 days paid off work from the day of exposure. I think the average paid days was something like 6.

My company, since March of 2020, was paying people who got exposed/sick at work(we have/had a whole team that does/did contact tracing) and had to quarantine for 14 days. They didnt pay you for 14 days, but they did pay you the work days you were pulled from. Fast forward to June 1 of 2021 and they said "we arent paying anybody anymore because of lots of vaccine, etc..., but if you are exposed you still may have to quarantine...with no pay from the company, but you can pay yourself from your sick bank"... Union threw a shit fit, but because none of it was "in the contract" to begin with, their hands are tied(on one hand I get it, on the other, why didnt we sign a side letter on the covid pay 15 months prior?)... Union says fill out an OJI claim and maybe you get paid from that...

I suspect some of the reason the company shut it off was people were DEFINITELY taking advantage of the situation. "oh yea, sure, yea I was around that person, close contact, oh yea, blah blah blah" and 14 days paid off work from the day of exposure. I think the average paid days was something like 6.
    wow

What gets me with all of this b.s. is that it is being reported that the test for fauci flu is badly flawed, so why all of this panic over the numbers? Has a better testing method been developed?

Common sense, for those that still have it, tells us what a dog and pony show this has been. Numbers dicked up, tests fucked up..........All for a hoax that has a high survival rate over the common flu. This will go down as the biggest lie heard around the world.

I work from home 100% and had for years and years prior to covid, so the impacts on me of covid in the work place are not big. It just means I don't have to travel to meet anyone on site 1 or 2 times a year like I used to lol

My daughter on the other hand, just started a new job in a place that is run by libtarded people

How do I know they are libtarded? All the conflicting and stupid policies they have around covid :D
    My daughter is not vaccinated
    Her managers constantly bring that up as a concern and ask her to get vaccinated
    she states valid and verifiable medical reasons that she will not risk it

Someone in her office got covid
    they sent everyone home that was at work that day immediately
    told them all to get covid tested

Here is where libtard logic comes in
    for vaccinated people that have a negative result, they are allowed back to work the next day
    for unvaccinated people that have a negative result, they are not allowed to return to work for 10 days (they can take sick leave, but otherwise no pay)

My daughter had covid early on in 2021, she has a positive covid test from the event that she is willing to share
    her employer will not accept having covid as any sort of 'protection' against getting it again
    the vaccine is considered the only protection one could have :D

I am sorry, natural antibodies from beating covid kick the vaccines ass, anyone with any sense would know that.

oh and something is going on, maybe more lockdowns, the leftist media is talking about how those vaccinated are getting infected at a high rate

when the leftist media reports stuff like this, you know something bad is about to happen....

Reactions: camocorvette
    The folks I know that came down with the virus went to the ER, were tested (positive) and sent home without any meds....... Two weeks later they were back doing their normal routine. Those rig workers will be back on the platform at the next rotation.... Herd immunity.

Reactions: waveslayer
    I think all the "bean counters" have had a whole year to figure a way to NOT pay those who have tested + or quarantined under the, so called, "contact tracing."

My dept just announced, effective Aug 8, if we test positive (we get tested twice per week) and have NOT had the vaccine, we must use our own benefit time. However, those who did get the vaccine and test positive, they get "C19" paid time off. Last week there were 20 officers who tested positive. Funny thing is, 17 of the 20 who tested + got the vaccine. The other 3, didn't actually test hot, but were partners with 3 who did test hot. They all get paid time C19 paid time off. However, if I test + or my partner tests hot (or his wife, kid, etc.) on Aug 8, I have to use my own time. And I can't come into work, even if I want to. Which is BS. I'm getting ready to retire come April 1. I have enough benefit time accumulated to retire 8 months early. However, if I test + or am quarantined due to contact tracing, my retirement date gets pushed back, because I'll have to use some of my benefit time I plan on using to get out early.

Last fall, my wife (who works for the same dept as I) tested positive. She was off for 10 days and I off for 14 due to contact tracing. My mother moved in with us March of '20. A few days after my wife tested +, my mother did too. Well, my 14 days started the new date from when my mother teste came back. So, I ended up getting a little over a month off work, all paid. Both my wife and mom were actually sick (no taste, exhausted, etc.) Now, not once did I get "It." Sleeping in the same bed as my wife. Living in the same house as mom. Nothing. I got tested twice/week during this, too. Which was fucking stupid. On one hand, they tell me to quarantine. But on the other, they said, "Come to work and get tested, then return to quarantine. WTF!!??

I own a retail gun shop and was joking on FB telling people "Free box of 9mm with a positive test result." Hell, for every contact, I'd get 14 more days off. I was hoping to be "quarantined" until retirement. lol

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    So from the state's county office on Public Health: If there's no law they cannot enforce it. So even if people aren't COVID cleaning where populations of people are going in/out on a daily basis (i.e. grocery stores, fast food etc etc etc) there's no law they are breaking. So now it's up to "mandates" and suggestions from the CDC. Otherwise call the store to complain, maybe the management will fix it.

Nice!! I think the best part was she kept referencing there's no law about COVID cleaning/requirements.

Peasants fighting Big Business, Big Government, Big Oil, Big Pharma

Peasants fought Romulus Augustus.............

Results will be the same

You should have spent time around
    the sick guy, just get it over with

Trying to avoid this is like trying to never in your life get the flu, you’re going to get it, and you’re going to be ok.
    Good news it’s a rounding error more deadly than the flu. I’d also guess there are a million things on that rig a million times more likely to kill you.

Peasants fighting Big Business, Big Government, Big Oil, Big Pharma

Peasants fought Romulus Augustus.............

Results will be the same

Big gov, big oil, big pharma will fall?

Also laughs in french
    louis-xvi-head-guillotine-21-january-1793.jpg

And Murican

23331a66802c162e341e5cb575b58be5.jpg

Oil rig worker turned experimental pathologist. Any other wisdom you care to spew on us?
    Any supposed vaccination that can make you as sick as the illness and you can still carry, transmit and contract the illness that it supposedly vaccinates you against, IS NOT A VACCINE. You and whoever, can call it a vaccine all you want, but it does not do a vaccine's job. The covid vaccine does not even meet the definition of a vaccine.

Any supposed vaccination that can make you as sick as the illness and you can still carry and contract the illness that it supposedly vaccinates you against, IS NOT A VACCINE. You and whoever, can call it a vaccine all you want, but it does not do a vaccine's job.
    So you're also saying the flu vaccine isn't actually a vaccine?

1627920818541.png

Show me where it says that vaccines keep you from carrying and contracting an illness? Also show me where "no side effects" pops up in how vaccines work?

View attachment 7678723

Show me where it says that vaccines keep you from carrying and contracting an illness? Also show me where "no side effects" pops up in how vaccines work?
    Dude, we're referring to the covid vaccs, and only the covid vaccs in this thread, so far.

View attachment 7678723

The covid vaccs does not prevent the contraction, or spread of the c-19 virus, so wtf good is it? None.

View attachment 7678723

I am onboard a vessel with coworkers who have had the SHOT and are positive again. The SHOT by no means provides immunity. Alot of my friends have the SHOT. They were instructed that it DOES NOT provide immunity.

• Sad
    Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    Your statement referenced "vaccines". Does your definition of a vaccine change between what illness it is said to protect against?
    Do we not have a practical definition and expectation of the c19 vaccine? Yes, we do. No, it does not meet that definition and expectation.

Same goes for the flu vaccine...
    Actually, when we are accurately vaccinated for the type of flu we are exposed to, it does work. The issue is that the CDC gets it right about 25% - 50% of the time, so we have about a 25% - 50% chance of getting vaccinated for the prevalent flu, for a particular flu season.

Reactions: 308pirate
    Actually, when we are accurately vaccinated for the type of flu we are exposed to, it does work. The issue is that the CDC gets it right about 25% - 50% of the time, so we have about a 25% - 50% chance of getting vaccinated for the prevalent flu, for a particular flu season.
    False, you can still contract the strain you are vaccinated for. That is per the CDC and other medical journals.

We going to have this same discussion every flu season.

Legit, lick the table, through a finger to the safety whores, and carry on.

The ONE saving grace is this has driven home to the peasants that going to work WHILE sick (like coughing and sneezing etc) is a dick move.

I think all the "bean counters" have had a whole year to figure a way to NOT pay those who have tested + or quarantined under the, so called, "contact tracing."

My dept just announced, effective Aug 8, if we test positive (we get tested twice per week) and have NOT had the vaccine, we must use our own benefit time. However, those who did get the vaccine and test positive, they get "C19" paid time off. Last week there were 20 officers who tested positive. Funny thing is, 17 of the 20 who tested + got the vaccine. The other 3, didn't actually test hot, but were partners with 3 who did test hot. They all get paid time C19 paid time off. However, if I test + or my partner tests hot (or his wife, kid, etc.) on Aug 8, I have to use my own time. And I can't come into work, even if I want to. Which is BS. I'm getting ready to retire come April 1. I have enough benefit time accumulated to retire 8 months early. However, if I test + or am quarantined due to contact tracing, my retirement date gets pushed back, because I'll have to use some of my benefit time I plan on using to get out early.

Last fall, my wife (who works for the same dept as I) tested positive. She was off for 10 days and I off for 14 due to contact tracing. My mother moved in with us March of '20. A few days after my wife tested +, my mother did too. Well, my 14 days started the new date from when my mother teste came back. So, I ended up getting a little over a month off work, all paid. Both my wife and mom were actually sick (no taste, exhausted, etc.) Now, not once did I get "It." Sleeping in the same bed as my wife. Living in the same house as mom. Nothing. I got tested twice/week during this, too. Which was fucking stupid. On one hand, they tell me to quarantine. But on the other, they said, "Come to work and get tested, then return to quarantine. WTF!!??

I own a retail gun shop and was joking on FB telling people "Free box of 9mm with a positive test result." Hell, for every contact, I'd get 14 more days off. I was hoping to be "quarantined" until retirement. lol
    Not once did you get it, but for every day you were in quarantine you were added to the daily case count.

Doing another rigwide test today. 5 positive and we not through testing.
    If I had to test daily, which I don't, and they were using the shit PCR testing, I would do a nasal flush before getting tested.

False, you can still contract the strain you are vaccinated for. That is per the CDC and other medical journals.
    Not true. Because the flu vaccine is an inoculation, if you get the correct vaccine for the strain that you are exposed to, AND you have enough antibodies, you are very unlikely to get the flu. Generally speaking inoculations and boosters work. That's how we've gotten a handle on smallpox and polio. That being said, I wouldn't think any vaccine is absolutely 100%.

Reactions: 308pirate
    I'm not a doctor, a biological researcher, a genetic engineer, or an uber educated man. I can tell you this.

The "vaccine" has no long term data, does not prevent you from contracting or passing on the virus, and does not guarantee you won't die. I can also tell you it was developed by BUSINESSES whose business model is to make a profit for themselves and their shareholders.....just like any other business. Unlike other businesses that produce something people buy, they are IMMUNE from lawsuits related to this product. This product is being distributed and pushed by another BUSINESS (government) that gives less of a shit about me than the one who developed it.

So the only ones who truly benefit from this scamdemic, and the subsequent "cure" are those who are making the money. They had, and will continue to have, a global customer who is convinced they need their products and as many "software updates" the manufacturer tells them are required to take. They could bottle dish soap, send it off to stabbers, and watch idiots allow them to shove it into their bodies......and be happy, if nothing proud, to let them do it.

So I ask you godofblunder, do I need to be a PHD or a medical expert, or paste in reams of medical data, to prove to you this vaccine is a steming pile of horseshit?

I’d be making some waves about the lack of proper disinfection on the platform. Seems there is some liability on the operator to provide a sanitary environment.

What test are they using? The flawed PCR tests that have been recalled as "not fit for purpose" but are still being used until December 31.
    We are testing every few days using the rapid test. Until we get a zero positive onboard, we are just continuing to test with rapid test. Once we get a zero percent, a 3rd party will come out and test with the other type. (Not sure the name of it). There was talk of stopping operations, but when I came back on shift, we are still in full operation.
    Im guessing the medivac choppers will be busy today

I'm not a doctor, a biological researcher, a genetic engineer, or an uber educated man. I can tell you this.

The "vaccine" has no long term data, does not prevent you from contracting or passing on the virus, and does not guarantee you won't die. I can also tell you it was developed by BUSINESSES whose business model is to make a profit for themselves and their shareholders.....just like any other business. Unlike other businesses that produce something people buy, they are IMMUNE from lawsuits related to this product. This product is being distributed and pushed by another BUSINESS (government) that gives less of a shit about me than the one who developed it.

So the only ones who truly benefit from this scamdemic, and the subsequent "cure" are those who are making the money. They had, and will continue to have, a global customer who is convinced they need their products and as many "software updates" the manufacturer tells them are required to take. They could bottle dish soap, send it off to stabbers, and watch idiots allow them to shove it into their bodies......and be happy, if nothing proud, to let them do it.

So I ask you godofblunder, do I need to be a PHD or a medical expert, or paste in reams of medical data, to prove to you this vaccine is a steming pile of horseshit?
    I can't stand the federal government as much as the next guy, and I know full well that these businesses stand to make a large profit from all this. I also can't stand big pharma and the health insurance industry (or any insurance industry for that matter).

That doesn't take away from the fact that it is indeed a vaccine and does work, albeit less effectively than some other vaccines. It's never been stated to be a "cure" and if it has whoever said it was an idiot.

There is real data out there showing this vaccine works, and is in fact not a "steaming pile of horseshit". If people stop politicizing literally fucking everything we wouldn't be in near the fucking circus we find ourselves in right now.

There is so much propaganda in America, I have lost count. Throughout my adult years I have been in similar situations. Every adult, at some point must trust their "Gut Instinct". My gut instinct says "Step away from the shot". I have respect for the man who's instinct says "Take the shot". I have little respect for a person who takes the shot just because another human says to take it. Similar to a man getting into the boxcar simply because he was told to.

That doesn't take away from the fact that it is indeed a vaccine and does work
    What's your idea of "work"?

From what I've seen the latest research shows the 'vaccine' doesn't prevent you from acquiring the virus, carrying it, or transmitting it.

It lessons the severity and duration of symptoms.

whoopa-dee-doo-adam-sandler.gif

So does Tylenol. So if the only real benefit is to me, in the form of milder symptoms for a shorter duration...

Why the fuck is every asshole with any ounce of power trying to stretch it for all it's worth to twist everybody's arm into taking the jab?

Unless? There's another reason 🤔

Your statement referenced "vaccines". Does your definition of a vaccine change between what illness it is said to protect against?

Flu vaccines are garbage. Not only do they not prevent infection and transmission of the flu, large scale studies have demonstrated that the flu vaccines do nothing to reduce hospitalizations and mortality from the flu.

If the COVID-19 vaccines work as well as the flu vaccines, then they are almost worthless.

Reactions: BufordTJustice