• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Covid trip cancellation

BCX

Powder Consumer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 18, 2018
    How many guys end up eating a out of state tag due to Covid travel restrictions?

Especially with no flight refund, really sucks

A lot of guys that i know just drove to states that sold over the counter tags. They didn't have any issues

I can't swing 3 weeks, 4 COVID tests, self quarantine for a 5 day hunt. Guess,,, I'm more pissed about losings 3 years of points.

Was able to get credit for the flight, refund for the hotel, lost the money for the car. Tags may or may not roll over to next year. Not happy.

Only refund is to Canada residents due to the travel BAN. I asked about honoring my points if i sent the tag in before the season. No go. Just a shitty year!

With everything going on I can't believe they will not honor your tags or give back preference points. To me that's no better than price gouging ammo.

Reactions: BCX
    managed to squeak in CO and WY before things got crazier-- nothing else planned but culling does here in TX

I live in VA. As soon as i drew my tag i purchased trip insurance. Covers everything except your points. Only cost $150 worth it if I had to cancel. I drive out to NM each year. I love to drive though so its not for everyone.

I went OTC in Arizona in August no problems. Had a trip to Canada scheduled for this week. Thanks to Covid it will be next year. Deposit rolled over. Fortunately I got lucky and choose a good outfitter. He wouldn't even take more funds before we knew for sure if was gonna get to come up. I thought this was very honorable of him. He could have had me pay the whole hunt price but he didn't. I am very thankful for that. Some guys as stated above aren't even getting refunds. Bunch of crap to start with. You'd think guys in the industry would honor their word. Seems states would to with all the money out of state tags generate for them.

Lost Wyoming cow elk hunt. The guy we stay with got symptoms two days before we were to leave. C19 better not mess up my NF moose hunt next fall!