• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Cow tag availability?

Smokin7s

Lawyer, Astronaut, Pathological Liar
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2020
Oklahoma
I always wait till way too late but I really want to shoot a cow elk. I don’t know much about over the counter tags or finding a landowner tag anybody have a guide for a beginner I’ve hunted my whole life just never out of state.

Is this one of those get your friend to dress up like a cow moments on a 50 dollar bet and shoot him with a paint ball gun ? sorry I know you want real answers to that question not just my stupid ass response , but the idea is sort of funny .

Read the title and honestly thought this was gonna be a joke thread about 'accidentally' harvesting Farmer Jones' prize Holstein and hoping to CYA before the game wardens closed in.

Forgive my ignorance, thought they were called Does. Like deer. Learn something every day, I guess.

• Love
Reactions: acudaowner
Like the story of the out of state elk hunter that came to MT and shot her fist elk? The guy in the next camp approached her and asked her what she was going to do with the saddle on it? HAHAHAHAHA!!

May be best to find some outfitters in WY and talk to them directly. Not sure how the out of state thing works for WY.

It is pretty late for Colorado too, but you can get cheap landowner tags in Utah. Around $1200 is the going rate.

Thanks fellars I found a lot of info thanks to bullspotter looks like I need to find some private land if I’m gonna get an otc this late