• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coward county deputy arrested on 11 charges.

Fuck yeah, now we are talking...

It has been a slap to the entire collective face of the citizenry to have that one cowardly 'public servant', paid on the taxpayers' dime, willfully neglect his duty even though he was equipped with the very tool to handle such a situation.......While on the other hand we had a civilian named Stephen Willeford, who was under absolutely no contract to respond to a crisis, and yet he risked life and limb exchanging gunfire with the Texas church shooter and ending the psycho's murderous spree...

Reactions: SonicBurlap
I m just curious how this will relate to the case

They don't have a constitutional duty to pilfer and loot with fines for everything they can think of either but that doesn't stop them and many seem to enjoy it.

It would seem to negate all charges... I think this is a political stunt, because if it isn't Israel is the one really responsible.

I don't think there is such thing as "Cowardice in the Face of the Enemy" for cops.

Reactions: Bender
I'll bet this would never have happened if some of the Parkland Parents were not suing.

Convicted or not he has to live with himself.?

So no duty to protect, according to the SCOTUS, tell me again why they need weapons?
To protect themselves?
If they feel they need weapons what should Joe Q Public think?...

This is a great advertisement for arming faculty.

R
Did we really think LE departments have weapons of war, armored vehicles and riot gear to protect us? There are many outstanding individuals in LE uniforms and I wish them the very best in a tough line of work. But make no mistake, the goal of those in charge is not protection of the plebes, it is to subjugate the people under those who would claim to be our masters. The militarization of police is about having police to do military action against civilians where posse comitatus limits the opposite.

Florida requires all caregivers take action to protect children in their charge. The law clearly includes teachers but appears to exempt law enforcement. Obviously if prosecutors think they have a case there is a reason for that.

The cases cited so far are civil cases about damaged for not being protected in cases where privity hasn’t been established. That’s a far cry from a duty established within criminal law.

He looked like a coward but what if he was never going to risk his life over the job or had the skill set to begin with, he got the position because he knew someone. He was just putting his time in to cash out his pension and maybe the Broward Sheriff knew this.The City put a person in a position where he never should of been. If anyone should go to prison its Sheriff Israel the douche in charge.

I have no professional training and never served in the military and 62 years old. Who wouldn't jump at the opportunity to have the SWAT gear and full auto rifle to race into any school building to take down a shooter even at my age. To turn a corner or get into the room and to see that look on the shooter face when he realizes that his life is over as he feels the double tap in his chest.

He looked like a coward but what if he was never going to risk his life over the job or had the skill set to begin with, he got the position because he knew someone. He was just putting his time in to cash out his pension and maybe the Broward Sheriff knew this.The City put a person in a position where he never should of been. If anyone should go to prison its Sheriff Israel the douche in charge.

I have no professional training and never served in the military and 62 years old. Who wouldn't jump at the opportunity to have the SWAT gear and full auto rifle to race into any school building to take down a shooter even at my age. To turn a corner or get into the room and to see that look on the shooter face when he realizes that his life is over as he feels the double tap in his chest.

There is no worse situation and practicing it even when you know the shooter is a friendly causes extreme stress.

It's a shit sandwich of the worst kind and there should be no question of what is expected at this point in time.

The biggest stressor about the whole thing in my estimation is hurting someone that is a student while trying to do your job.

So much advantage to the shooter and the PO has to be 100 percent.

The deputy has no excuse. He doesnt have to be Audie Murphy but he has a job to do and this guy didn't even try.

thats some candy ass shit right there

you are either a man who trys to shield children or you are not, coward is as a coward does

Reactions: Bender and Mwalex
why are cops at schools in the first place, maybe we need to shut down these little indoctrination centers,, its an unconstitutional activity for the government to be performing anyway.

If anything it will drive the Police union to go broke defending this POS, or it will be the POS going broke if the gang in blue aint picking up the tab.

thats some candy ass shit right there

you are either a man who trys to shield children or you are not, coward is as a coward does

Your 100% right but who ever gave him that position is equally to blame. But if you look at the replay he wasn't the only one that didn't go in so it looks like their system is unprepared for active shooters in schools.

Fuck yeah, now we are talking...

It has been a slap to the entire collective face of the citizenry to have that one cowardly 'public servant', paid on the taxpayers' dime, willfully neglect his duty even though he was equipped with the very tool to handle such a situation.......While on the other hand we had a civilian named Stephen Willeford, who was under absolutely no contract to respond to a crisis, and yet he risked life and limb exchanging gunfire with the Texas church shooter and ending the psycho's murderous spree...

I bet that cowardly piece of shit would have been all over locking up a law abiding citizen for carrying on school grounds or without a .gov permission slip.

This will go nowhere. Courts have repeatedly ruled that police and the government in general have no duty to protect you from harm.

Warren v. District of Columbia

Deshaney v. Winnebago County Social Services Department

I know. Makes perfect sense right?

But they can deny you the means to defend yourself.

And drop a bunch of section 8 trash in your neighbor hood along with letting real criminals loose. Fuck .gov and their henchmen

I am not defending the guy, but, I doubt that this goes anywhere. Someone needs a scape goat. The Media needs a scape goat. The guy is a 56 year old tubby out of shape guy with a service pistol. Of course he was scared. Wanna see what happens when a lone police officer armed with a pistol goes up against a shooter with a semi auto rifle? Check out the video posted below. Be warned. It IS disturbing.

Officer Dinkheller

I am not defending the guy, but, I doubt that this goes anywhere. Someone needs a scape goat. The Media needs a scape goat. The guy is a 56 year old tubby out of shape guy with a service pistol. Of course he was scared. Wanna see what happens when a lone police officer armed with a pistol goes up against a shooter with a semi auto rifle? Check out the video posted below. Be warned. It IS disturbing.

Officer Dinkheller
The LEO profession is one where risking ones life is part of the job. Don't take the job if you can't do it.

Soldiers with auto weapons, taking a heavy machine gun emplacement, are in an even worse situation...but they still do it.

The LEO profession is one where risking ones life is part of the job. Don't take the job if you can't do it.

Soldiers with auto weapons, taking a heavy machine gun emplacement, are in an even worse situation...but they still do it.

This.

That is why soldiers and police are specifically equipped with the tools that they would need to counteract the threats that they will face in their operating environments. Desertion, dereliction of duty, mutiny etc., these are all very serious words historically used to describe the very actions that this deputy had committed on that morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: XLR308

Meh, they will call arty or air first. Now, if they were not banned from using flame thrower it may be a different story. This is sort of unique with a civilian receiving UCMJ related charges.

This will go nowhere. Courts have repeatedly ruled that police and the government in general have no duty to protect you from harm.

You and a few others have taken the words right out of my mouth. The Sheriff is doing this because he needs a scapegoat.

The Sheriff that is also pushing this is taking a big gamble as evidence and testimony is sure to come out about the training, ROE and policies of his department in mass shooting scenarios.

If I were Petersen's attorney, one prong of my defense would be to make Sheriff Israel look like the idiot he is.

On the other hand, I will go out on a limb to say that there may be a plea agreement on the horizon. If that's the case a threat by the defense to make Israel and his entire department look like idiots could be leveraged to get the prosecution to offer generous terms.

I don't like that but calling like I see it.

Jury selection is going to make the verdict. If I were on the jury I would vote to convict him of nearly anything, which would disqualify me to be on the jury.

PS: I wonder if the Police Union will be defending Petersen.

Your 100% right but who ever gave him that position is equally to blame. But if you look at the replay he wasn't the only one that didn't go in so it looks like their system is unprepared for active shooters in schools.

How much preperatiion does it take to suck up your sack and do protect children from a monster?...nevermind
My nephew lives 10 minutes from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High school. Word on the street is that the officer was enjoying his retirement (of about 107k/year) without an apparent care in the world.

Seems like thats about to change. Hopefully.

Nailed it....

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Does anyone here really believe the MSD leadership didn't exercise final approval on this clown's assignment to their school?

If they did, they were criminally negligent. If they didn't, they were criminally negligent. The overarching responsibility for this fudged assignment rests directly on their shoulders.

I think that when we look for the insider deal on that assignment, it's going to be found to originate with the school's leadership.

They own the lion's share in the culpability for this outrage.

Greg

Last edited:
Police have no problem getting military gear. All that costs a lot of money and gives them a military appearance. For all that power I expect to see some heroic action when citizens are under attack.

If a non-leo private citizen had gone in the school to take out the shooter he or she would have been condemned and likely charged in the matter.

Furthermore, after the shooter had been neutralized the "heroic" deputies would have probably perforated the real hero like some other scenarios we've seen played out in other states.

If a non-leo private citizen had gone in the school to take out the shooter he or she would have been condemned and likely charged in the matter.

Furthermore, after the shooter had been neutralized the "heroic" deputies would have probably perforated the real hero like some other scenarios we've seen played out in other states.

If a parent had gone in and stopped the shooter before he killed a single child that parent likely would be the one in jail today. If the murder of the children had started and the parent stopped it then likely the police would have shot the parent.

If you have a time machine you can figure out how best to stop this, in the real world being a hero is going to suck. Yeah, someday you might not have a choice, but don't expect to be recognized for a hero.

we all brag about putting our lives on the line overseas, if i get taken out by friendly fire after i saved some kids, im good with that

we all brag about putting our lives on the line overseas, if i get taken out by friendly fire after i saved some kids, im good with that

I'm not! For either you or I. My plan is to attempt to surrender to LE, peacefully after disarming myself after the danger is passed. I'm not saying that makes a safe plan, but better than getting in a gunfight with the police.