• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Cowboys vs Aliens

maxpower220

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
Pensacola, FL
I saw this on Friday night. It was a good movie and I enjoyed it quite a bit. There are only a couple of things that prevent me from calling it a great movie: the girl (who is hot) has a role that doesn't need to be in the film. My wife thought they were trying to make a love interest, I didn't see it that way. However, her part really did not help the story. 2. The aliens were a little too "monster-like". They didn't display any type of comminication.

Both Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford did a great job. In fact, this may be Ford's best work in 15-20 yrs (obviously script has a lot to do with that).

Important, you must like sci-fi and have some interest in Cowboy movies to love this movie. And for you purists, it is only in 2D. Definately a good movie.

Re: Cowboys vs Aliens

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> it is only in 2D. </div></div>

Thank god for that! I'm going solo to see it today. It got horrible ratings but I'm going despite everyone's unwillingness to see it. I'll post back when it's over.

olivia wilde can be in any movie she wants. she contributes hotness wherever she goes.

+1 <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">olivia wilde can be in any movie she wants. she contributes hotness wherever she goes. </div></div>

It still had a strange sort of contrived-ness to it that was hard to overcome at times.

The battle at the end was typically lopsided; they portray the humans are utterly screwed at first, and then a minute later the aliens have decided to drop the plasma cannons and prance around waiting to be capped. Given the first few moments of that massacre, all of the humans should've been wiped out inside of 90 seconds.

Seen it today, it was ok at its best. Typical alien movie storyline, and very predictable. I would recommend waiting for it to come out and just rent it.

Entertaining. If I had not been stuck out of town over a weekend, I would not have paid to see it.

As others have said, I would advise waiting till the DVD comes out.

Olivia Wilde is not hard to look at, but she is a typical Hollyweird liberal and BHO supporter. Have to do something with her to keep her from talking.

Not a bad movie..mindless entertainment. Could have used better tactics... Had the aliens come to them versus going after them singlehandly. Massed gunfire would have brought most of them down. Seemed the spears did a better job through the chest than bullets.

Fun movie to watch. I liked it very much. It is no Battlefield LA, but a good movie to watch no less.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">olivia wilde can be in any movie she wants. she contributes hotness wherever she goes. </div></div>

^What he said

Decently good movie. Daniel Craig does a great job being a badass, Harrison Ford seemed like a putz as a bad guy, Olivia Wilde - well hotness - like tose eyes. Go spend some money and watch this one.

I am a big fan of his, but Harrison Ford was disappointing. Too soft, just seemed weak and confused, pistol shooting was too limp wristed. He just wasn't as hard/tough as his character was supposed to be. Eastwood would have been better in the role....

I thought Harrison Ford was the most believable character in the movie.

Confused? He's in a movie called COWBOYS AND ALIENS of course he's confused...

edit: my take was that I really liked the first half - costumes, the sets everything looked really good. But after that it reminded me of some random sci-fi channel presents movie, only with name-brand actors.

And yeah that chick is smoking hot I figured right away that she was an alien...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garrett4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a bad movie..mindless entertainment. Could have used better tactics... Had the aliens come to them versus going after them singlehandly. Massed gunfire would have brought most of them down. Seemed the spears did a better job through the chest than bullets. </div></div>

+1. That pissed me off: spear doing better than rifle fire. Also the pistols barely went "pop" like some cap gun.

Liked it for entertainment value.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ilya R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">olivia wilde can be in any movie she wants. she contributes hotness wherever she goes. </div></div> </div></div>

WOULDWIFE/10

Olivia-Wilde-Tron-Legacy-320x480.jpg

Thought it was an excellent movie. I wasn't sure when I first saw the previews, but I'm glad a saw it in theaters. Had awesome action scenes, terrific acting (daniel craig, harrison ford), and plot, sound effects, and graphics were great! very surprised!

Just saw it i liked it also. Olivia Wilde is unbelievably hot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eclipse57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Olivia Wilde is not hard to look at, but she is a typical Hollyweird liberal and BHO supporter. Have to do something with her to keep her from talking. </div></div>
Just stick something in her mouth to shut her up. That works for me. When women like that start talking it makes me lose my hard on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In fact, this may be Ford's best work in 15-20 yrs (obviously script has a lot to do with that).

</div></div>
What, you didn't like that last Indiana Jones movie, where they threw out all the religion from the first three and brought in aliens to explain how mankind evolved instead?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eclipse57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Olivia Wilde is not hard to look at, but she is a typical Hollyweird liberal and BHO supporter. Have to do something with her to keep her from talking. </div></div>
Just stick something in her mouth to shut her up. That works for me. When women like that start talking it makes me lose my hard on.</div></div>

As in her trying to do a western accent or her just talking?

as much as l tried to like this movie it just didn't do it for me so many many better Sci-Fi movies out there. l wish they would make King Kong vs Godzilla lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmsturbo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">olivia wilde can be in any movie she wants. she contributes hotness wherever she goes. </div></div>

^What he said </div></div>

What they said

Christmas Blu-Ray, flat out fun flick.

Yes, some of the portrayals were different from the actors' more typical casting. So what? Their portrayals were convincing, and that's what acting is supposed to be about.

As a Western, it's good; as a Sci-Fi, it's in there too. When you think about how the hell somebody is supposed to combine the two and not come off like the Keystone Kops, I give Favreau high marks.

When you see Carradine in a Western, you know you're in for something good. He never picks a bad one, IMHO.

I liked it.

Greg

It was not what I expected but entertaining non the less. Seemed a little slow at first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sjeccles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was not what I expected but entertaining non the less. Seemed a little slow at first. </div></div>

My sister's BF said it would probably be worth the $3 rental fee from the video store, but wasn't really worth the theater price.

Guess I'll rent it at some point, and grab a 12 pack.....

watched it last night as stated above mindless entertainment but olivia wilde is smokin hot!

A while back I remember seeing quotes from Daniel Craig regarding his dislike for firearms and how negatively firearms affect society. From that moment on I placed him in the category of typical hollywood asshole who is a complete hypocrite that talks out both sides of their ass. Needless to say, I'd would not pay .10 cents or walk across the street to see anything he gets paid to do.

That's too bad. Daniel Craig has a series of recent movies (like since before the Bond movie) that have been excellent. I haven't seen Dragon Tattoo, as I saw the foriegn version, but I think DC is one of the best actors in Hollywood right now.