• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing coyote hunting in FL

rackchaser71

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2010
myakka city FL
im looking for anyone else in fl that has had luck calling in yotes, i havnt yet. i have the primos howler pack, the hot dog, the ki-yi, and the cat nip.all ive called in so far was a cat, what calls have you used that worked????

Re: coyote hunting in FL

Havent had to use any calls this year amazingly enough. Found a couple while driving down dirt roads and another couple shortly after gun shots. I was told thats like a dinner bell to the dogs on public land..

I'm from Florida originally (Miami), and wasn't even aware that there were yotes in FL.

If you have a yankering to kill pests, you could always go down to the everglades and shoot Burmese Pythons who are taking over en masse.

Get this---FWC wants to make a season for rock pythons. Invasive species, wreaking havoc in the everglades, hey lets open a season...

it has nothing to do with the snakes being a problem it all comes down to the state finding another way to make us spend money. im sure when we are invaded by another country we will have to purchase a license to hunt them that will cost an arm and a leg.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get this---FWC wants to make a season for rock pythons. Invasive species, wreaking havoc in the everglades, hey lets open a season... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get this---FWC wants to make a season for rock pythons. Invasive species, wreaking havoc in the everglades, hey lets open a season... </div></div>

The season on Burmese is open. In fact, the state is paying people to kill them.

per sigsense...

my gig will get both coyotes...

what chick dont like a 3 day old goat...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get this---FWC wants to make a season for rock pythons. Invasive species, wreaking havoc in the everglades, hey lets open a season... </div></div>

The season on Burmese is open. In fact, the state is paying people to kill them.</div></div>

I believe that goes for Iguanas as well......Those things are all over the place on the south end of the state. Nasty things crap all over everything.

I've seen plenty of coyotes in the Gadsden, Leon, Jefferson County area when I used to live in Tallahassee. Never really was into hunting them though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marsox</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get this---FWC wants to make a season for rock pythons. Invasive species, wreaking havoc in the everglades, hey lets open a season... </div></div>

The season on Burmese is open. In fact, the state is paying people to kill them.</div></div>

I believe that goes for Iguanas as well......Those things are all over the place on the south end of the state. Nasty things crap all over everything. </div></div>

The biggest difference is that pythons actually upset the ecosystem in a major way by becoming an instant apex predator. It has been documented that pythons have the ability, and from time to time the inclination, to eat full grown alligators. Plus they reproduce like the plague.

Iguanas just eat leaves that grow back quickly. Not that they belong, but they are not the same danger as pythons to the ecosystem.