• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Coyote rig - AWM

81STFACP

DRB 1234, P100, HM - XC, LR
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2006
Austin, TX
Here is my daytime Coyote getter in Bruni, TX. We hunt over the cab, trucks are part of the landscape down there, and critters are not threatened by them.

Re: Coyote rig - AWM

That is so sweet. I like the truck and the gun on the dashboard!

for the unknowing like me, more details on the stick-how close can you get to yotes?

stick is accuracy international arctic warfare in 300 win mag and a 5.5x22x56 scope with NP R2 reticle. before i got the electronic caller it was more a game of chance, shoot them as they cross the senderos. as you can see the senderos showing are not that wide and the yotes don't stick around too long. the range finder is not to laze the coyote but the significant shrubs, rocks, gulleys, or humps on the dirt and sketch the sendero with the distances of the significant points so when critters show up you can quickly get on 'em. there are senderos on the property that extends beyond 1K.

now, i am learning the use of the electronic caller, got two during the deer season within reasonable range. these were taken on the runway which is much wider that what you see in the picture.

this last trip we got zero..

Where abouts is Bruni, TX? My friend has some leases out by Valera and Ballinger. We have talked about hunting coyotes.