• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lmatt

Private
Minuteman
May 16, 2017
Idaho
Anyone else running a KelTec CP33? I have been trying my tbac 22 take-down on a few things. It is way louder on my CP33 than it is on my ruger 22/45 lite. The CP33 also ejects the brass crazy hard. I guess I should have searched before posting

I can't find one to purchase locally, but they look super fun. I am in the market for a 22 pistol host, so i am little disappointed to hear they are kind of loud. I saw some youtube videos of this when it was announced, and it looked fairly quiet, or at least similar to other 22 pistols. Is it a sound level difference, or a tone difference?

Might just be mine. Sample of one so who knows. The ones I heard online sounded like my ruger. Where as the keltec has a pop to it. I’ll see if I can figure out how to post a video on here.

Doubtful, American Eagle Suppressor 45 grain 970 fps. Although I wonder about the barrel length because my T1x has a bit of a pop noise to it as well. The 22/45 is more of a ppfff. I’ll load some cci standard velocity in it quick and run down to the basement for testing lol

Tried Some other “subsonic” stuff I had.

Federal gold medal target
Norma tac-22
SK standard plus
Geco match
Geco rifle

Out of curiosity I shot 1 round of high velocity and it was much louder than anything else. Both of the Geco brand were noticeably more quiet out of both my rifle and the CP33 than the other standard velocity types. I think I can safely say I was a bit sensitive to the noise from shooting these in my basement. I shot my T1x with standard velocity last summer with no hearing protection and it wasn’t bothering my ears at all. I touched one off in the basement and it made my ears ring. It was much louder than the supersonic with the can on. I’m excited to hear just how quiet this will be outside in the open.

Well, I ended up buying a CP33 recently. I have only had it to the range once so far, with a Dead Air Mask. I shot CCI target though it. I was at an indoor range, so I can't add much data about loudness, other than it seemed good? I will say it was an absolute riot to shoot! The mags loaded easier than expected, but my thumbs were still sore after a few hundred rounds.

One thing I did notice, was that my pistol is reluctant to feed the first round from the mag. Neither slingshotting it, or hitting the "slide release" (more of a charging handle on this thing really) were reliable. Putting a lowly federal bulk lead bullet round on top seemed to help. Once firing it never missed a beat. I attribute most of this to not pre-cleaning it or lubing it and just running it straight from the box. Anyone else with a similar experience.

My buddy thought maybe it needed a slightly stiffer spring.