• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses CR2 and Frank Galli present PR1, Texas

CR2 Dude

CR2 Shooting Solutions
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
Nov 19, 2017
GA
www.cr2shootingsolutions.com
BIS logo.jpeg
Date & Time:
Fri, Apr 9, 8:00 AM - Sun, Apr 11, 5:00 PM

425 Farm to Market Road 774
Refugio, Texas 78377, US

Description;
Join us and our guest instructor, @SHLowlight, at Bridle Iron South (https://bridleironsouth.com/ or https://www.instagram.com/bridleironsouth/) for an in-depth course on Precision Rifle Shooting. Bridle Iron South Training Facility is situated on the 110,000 acre Mellon Creek Ranch in Refugio, Texas uniquely situated at the crossroads of the south Texas brush country and the Texas Coastal Plains. The rifle range boast a 3 story building and 1.5 mile long range (2-mile coming soon).

We’ll spend 3 days covering:
-Shot Process
-Rifle Set-up
-Ballistic Software intro
-Gun Data (Chronograph)
-Data Confirmation
-Wind Reading
-Prone and Positional shooting 100-1000yds
In the end you will leave the course confident in your ability to employ your Semi-Auto Rifle across all aspects of precision shooting.
Price for the course: $1000

-Lodging is available on location (at additional cost) or in the town of Refugio Texas.
For lodging onsite contact: [email protected]
-Equipment required but not limited to:
Precision Rifle w/ 2 magazines
Bipods
Scope Mil/ Moa turrets and Reticle
Rear bag
200rds of Match Ammunition
Ear and Eye protection
***Kestrel with Applied Ballistics will be provided for use during the course***

Last edited:
Looks interesting. What’s the scoop on staying at Bridle Iron? What is the expected/max student instructor ratio? Could I bring my Barrett 107 for some pointers (not for the entirety of the course) with approved ammo? Will Frank have a new AI AT-X to check out?

Looks interesting. What’s the scoop on staying at Bridle Iron? What is the expected/max student instructor ratio? Could I bring my Barrett 107 for some pointers (not for the entirety of the course) with approved ammo? Will Frank have a new AI AT-X to check out?
- Class is capped at 12, so at most student to instructor ratio will be 1:4.
- @lowlight will have to answer the AT question.
- You can bring the .50 if you’d like. I’m sure we can find some time to get you squared away.
- The lodging onsite is $250 a night (booked through Bridle Iron). Includes 3 meals, room, snacks and beverages.

Reactions: Texascbr
Im interested but have to get glass on the boom stick in time lol.

Reactions: CR2 Dude
Was it always a gas gun class or has it just now turned into one?

Was it always a gas gun class or has it just now turned into one?
My mistake. Just realized I loaded an older flyer. The course hasn’t changed. We have a gas gun focus in the course like alot of others don’t. But all rifles are welcome.

Last edited:
Trying to secure glass for the new whip in order to make it myself.

For those struggling to obtain match ammo, any chance the facility will have 6.5CM available to students for purchase?

View attachment 7481477
Date & Time:
Fri, Apr 9, 8:00 AM - Sun, Apr 11, 5:00 PM

425 Farm to Market Road 774
Refugio, Texas 78377, US

Description;
Join us and our guest instructor, @SHLowlight, at Bridle Iron South (https://bridleironsouth.com/ or https://www.instagram.com/bridleironsouth/) for an in-depth course on Precision Rifle Shooting. Bridle Iron South Training Facility is situated on the 110,000 acre Mellon Creek Ranch in Refugio, Texas uniquely situated at the crossroads of the south Texas brush country and the Texas Coastal Plains. The rifle range boast a 3 story building and 1.5 mile long range (2-mile coming soon).

We’ll spend 3 days covering:
-Shot Process
-Rifle Set-up
-Ballistic Software intro
-Gun Data (Chronograph)
-Data Confirmation
-Wind Reading
-Prone and Positional shooting 100-1000yds
In the end you will leave the course confident in your ability to employ your Semi-Auto Rifle across all aspects of precision shooting.
Price for the course: $1000

Lodging is available on location (at additional cost) or in the town of Refugio Texas.
Equipment required but not limited to:
Precision Rifle w/ 2 magazines
Bipods
Scope Mil/ Moa turrets and Reticle
Rear bag
200rds of March Ammunition
Ear and Eye protection
***Kestrel with Applied Ballistics will be provided for use during the course***

thats an awesom deal,at that price

Lodging @ BIS

Attachments

• 308AF742-827D-4B30-9BCE-228649EBC938.jpeg
    308AF742-827D-4B30-9BCE-228649EBC938.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 102
  • DE1BC4F6-A463-4800-B810-863C77B085CA.jpeg
    DE1BC4F6-A463-4800-B810-863C77B085CA.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: tex68w
Lodging BIS

Attachments

• 22F31601-27DA-4BDC-AB36-9938C0CA00F6.jpeg
    22F31601-27DA-4BDC-AB36-9938C0CA00F6.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 81
  • A8E4F371-B57D-48EC-B902-D572DDFF34C7.jpeg
    A8E4F371-B57D-48EC-B902-D572DDFF34C7.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 77
Well I had a 6mm Creedmoor barrel arrive this week for the AI with damaged tenon threads so that knocked me out of using it for the class. If the glass arrives in time for me to get it sighted in prior to class then I could still make it and run my 308 shorty barrel. I'd hate to have to show up and use someones loaned glass and sight it in form scratch as well.

Well I had a 6mm Creedmoor barrel arrive this week for the AI with damaged tenon threads so that knocked me out of using it for the class. If the glass arrives in time for me to get it sighted in prior to class then I could still make it and run my 308 shorty barrel. I'd hate to have to show up and use someones loaned glass and sight it in form scratch as well.
You won’t be the only one or the first. It’s just the way it is brother.

You won’t be the only one or the first. It’s just the way it is brother.

Part current gun market, part crappy shipping, part bad luck and part timing. I'll see what I can do to make it all come together. I appreciate all of the offers to make it happen.

Bring that AI in 308. I’m bringing mine.

Dane Miller may be able to help you. He shows a 6 Creed Bartlein available. I have 2 of his barrels and they are hammers. http://dmr-llc.com/?p=1937

Nice! That's a fast twist rate on that puppy. MH has a factory WInTac 24" in stock too. Odds are I'm going to run 308 to keep from rush delivering another item. 308 will make for more work with the wind calls which is probably a good thing when learning under these guys.

Reactions: Texascbr