• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cr2 Conversation

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Interesting thoughts on using the outside of the target for Kraftice and the reticle like I would for steel. I like it, I'll have to see if that changes anything for me. Also, I'm going to make sure to rezero my rifle as well, to have that centered in the target and not just a group somewhere on the page HAHA.

Last edited:
    Reactions: CR2 Dude
    Thanks for having me on and promoting us at CR2 Shooting Solutions.
    Well everyone? What do you think? You like it, you hate it? Let’s keep the conversation going.
    I love it! I've been bouncing around some thoughts in my head. I'll try to put them to paper so to speak. It's going to take some time to sort out though.

Reactions: CR2 Dude
    Ok, so here's what's bouncing around in my head lately. I felt something was missing and then @Robo 248 and Frank started having these discussions and it is starting to gel together in my brain.

As a little bit of background, I started out in the pistol world. I dabbled in the USPSA world a little, but never jumped too far in. However, the serious shooters use standardized drills that use an accuracy standard and a timer to measure ability. Basically, how fast can I perform these tasks at this distance in X amount of time. Might be reloads. Might be pure shooting. Maybe a draw etc. My point is, you shoot those drills and record times on a shot timer. You can then analyze your times and see where you're slow. For example, if you have fast split times between shots but your draw is slow you can isolate the draw and work on improving that, which then brings your overall time down.

So given this mindset I've been looking at my own precision rifle related training and felt it's missing something. Aside from a hobby, I shoot a long gun professionally in the LE world. So looking at our training I kept thinking, how do we know we're getting better? What is better anyway? Sure, we shoot a qual, but quals are just to cover our butts and say, "Look. He met a minimum standard." That's MINIMUM standard.

So @Robo 248 when you and Frank and Chris #2 started having these conversations it really connected the dots for me. So now my mind has turned toward what drills can I make "standard" to measure performance? My goal for 2021 is to compile a list of drills that cover the basics. 1 shot prone, reloads, malfunction drills, multiple shots, etc. Take those drills and run them throughout the year and put a timer to it. I want to take that and incorporate it in our monthly trainings by the end of the year and use it as a measure of improvement but also to help identify specific points in a drill that we can improve out to make our overall performance better. I'm picturing pair this list of drills down to about 10 or so that cover the spectrum of skills.

I really love what @ChrisWay is doing with the Kraft Drills too. I know some people have pushed out different drills that can measure performance, but I don't really get the feeling the precision rifle world has a whole has ever really looked beyond being able to shoot tiny little groups. The Kraft drill pushes tiny groups, but tiny groups in all positions and phase two of that adds time stress to push limits. I love it! I'm excited to see where all of this goes.

I write like a squirrel sometimes, but hopefully that makes sense. I'm open to thoughts and ideas.

CK