• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cracked Sako TRG 22 front end.

lopezm93

Manny
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2011
Destin, Fl
I purchased a new Sako TRG 22 black in 6.5 Creedmoor a couple months back and I love the the rifle. I purchased a KRG spigot mount for it and to instal it requires removal of the plastic front end (front hand guard?). After removal I placed the front end on top of my desk, my toddler tried grabbing it and it dropped onto my tile floor (approximately 3 foot drop) and cracked the rear section mag well portion. I’m pretty upset and disappointed at the same time because it is a new rifle. My first question is, Is this common, are the plastic portion of the TRG’s that fragile? My second question, Can I purchase a new one from a dealer? I can’t seem to find them online. Third question does anyone on here have one (black or green that they’d like to sell?

Attachments

• 34F18426-9101-4F51-8D42-94B4C591E68B.jpeg
    34F18426-9101-4F51-8D42-94B4C591E68B.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 746165A8-CF12-462A-ACBB-C649038523E2.jpeg
    746165A8-CF12-462A-ACBB-C649038523E2.jpeg
    400.8 KB · Views: 161
Brownells stocks the tan forend, but not in stock. Try calling Beretta.

Reactions: lopezm93
Buy the whiskey 3. You now have an official excuse to do so. You’ll never look back. I’ve had KRG, MPA, AI, MDT chassis, and they are all good. The ergos on the KRG are my favorite by a margin tho!

Vision Chassis also does a fore end.

Call gcprifleco.com. They are the importers.

Last edited:
Brownells is the parts distributor for Beretta. Replacing the stock is not an issue. Glue yours together for now and call Brownells.

UPDATE: I called Beretta customer service this morning and it was honestly the best and easiest customer service experience I’ve ever had. I explained to the representative what occurred, she asked me for the S/N and immediately shipped a brand new one out to me. I offered to send photos and even ship the broken front end, but she said it wasn’t necessary.

Thanks for all the replies from the group it’s truly appreciated. I definitely plan on purchasing the KRG side folder in the near future.

My friend had pretty much the same experience but with the rear section of the stock. He managed to pin and glue the sides back on. But eventually replaced it with the KRG folder.

I am suprised that Beretta handled it like they did. If you have to buy them, TRG original parts dont come cheap, as I am sure you know.

Vision Chassis also does a fore end.

Call gcprifleco.com. They are the importers.
I like the Vision front end, but unfortunately they stopped making the Gen II and are now making Gen III’s. I spoke to Rick Scrivens from GPC and he said he doesn’t believe they plan on making a Gen III for the TRG’s. This was just prior to them going to Norway a few weeks back and he said that he was planning on inquiring about it.

Reactions: LeftyJason
UPDATE: I called Beretta customer service this morning and it was honestly the best and easiest customer service experience I’ve ever had. I explained to the representative what occurred, she asked me for the S/N and immediately shipped a brand new one out to me. I offered to send photos and even ship the broken front end, but she said it wasn’t necessary.

Thanks for all the replies from the group it’s truly appreciated. I definitely plan on purchasing the KRG side folder in the near future.
That's actually awesome, maybe Beretta/Sako are turning things around, they used to be horrible to deal with for parts/service.

That's actually awesome, maybe Beretta/Sako are turning things around, they used to be horrible to deal with for parts/service.
I did a bit of research on SH among other sites prior to posting; which due to what I kept reading was the reason I posted. I was truly surprised at the pain free outcome with Beretta and hopefully you are right that Beretta/Sako have changed for the better. I hope this incident wasn’t just a one-off and it continues.