• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Craddock Precision 6.5 Creedmoor bartlein barrel

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
Thinking of going this route on SP10 build kit with JP FMOS carrier with HP bolt. Are the Craddock Bartleins near the top for accuracy? I've read some reviews but looking for people who have a craddock bartlein accuracy reports.

Thinking of going this route on SP10 build kit with JP FMOS carrier with HP bolt. Are the Craddock Bartleins near the top for accuracy? I've read some reviews but looking for people who have a craddock bartlein accuracy reports.

Any Bartlein or Kreiger custom barrel headspaced to your bolt is going to give you the most consistently accurate 6.5cm gasser.... I own or have owned 6.5cm gasser barrels from Craddock (Bartlein), Keystone Accuracy (Bartlein and Kreiger) and PVA (Rock Creek Cut). They were all very accurate barrels.

The barrel sitting on my 6.5cm gasser right now is a Keystone Accuracy Bartlein 22" headspaced to my JP HP bolt, +2 gas, in a MEGA receiver set, LMOS, JP SCS Heavy, SLA .936" AGB. Its a tack driver with 130 AR Hybrids.

Would the JP FUll mass bcg with HP bolt be a good choice for this? Will be suppressed most of the time. Thinking of +2 with Superlative Arms gas block

Would the JP FUll mass bcg with HP bolt be a good choice for this? Will be suppressed most of the time. Thinking of +2 with Superlative Arms gas block

If it will be suppressed most of the time, then yes I would go Full mass. Otherwise, I would go LMOS.

Craddock and compass lake. I’ve got rifles from both and you won’t be disappointed.

I had him do a Bartlien in Valk for me. Accuracy is ok, but the dang thing injects copper through the gas port into the BCG. It must be vapor or ultra fine particulate because it goes EVERYWHERE in the action. After 100 rounds the bolt will be so gummed up it stops functioning and there will be green copper coating all the internals to include the trigger. He suggested just shooting it and hoping it goes away. It's got about 1K on it now, and it's slowly getting better, but it's definitely not gone. I scoped the barrel many times during the process. Initially, there was a large buildup of copper just past the gas port that I had to remove with copper solvent every cleaning. That has been slowly decreasing as well. The port was drilled right at the junction of a groove and a land. Not sure if that's the cause or not, but I wasn't thrilled to see it. I looked down several White Oak barrels, and they were all drilled dead center in a groove.

Accuracy has been improving as well. It started as a 3/4 - 1 minute gun, might be down to 5/8 or 1/2 now.

I don't know how much of the problem, if any, can be attributed to his work. I'm getting satisfied with it now, but God help me it took a long time and a lot of frustration to get to this point.

I also recently got a Craddock/Bartlein and noticed the gas port was drilled straddling the junction of a land and groove. I wasn't thrilled to see it, either, and I asked him about it. He said it has no effect on accuracy whether the port is centered in a groove or straddling a transition, but that port erosion actually seems to be worse on the ports centered in a groove as opposed to straddling a transition so he doesn't bother with centering them any more.

Don't have an optic yet, so can't speak to accuracy yet. But thought I would mention his explanation about port location as it seems relevant to the discussion.

I also recently got a Craddock/Bartlein and noticed the gas port was drilled straddling the junction of a land and groove. I wasn't thrilled to see it, either, and I asked him about it. He said it has no effect on accuracy whether the port is centered in a groove or straddling a transition, but that port erosion actually seems to be worse on the ports centered in a groove as opposed to straddling a transition so he doesn't bother with centering them any more.

Don't have an optic yet, so can't speak to accuracy yet. But thought I would mention his explanation about port location as it seems relevant to the discussion.

Its been tested by well known top HP shooters...in a groove, in a land, half and half. They tell me there was zero affect on accuracy. Shoot it

I just received and started shooting a Bartlein 4 groove with port in the groove, it doesn't shoot any better than 5R or 6 groove Ive shoot from Kreiger and Bartlein not centered in a groove....don't believe everything you hear...

Reactions: Odysseus1911