• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Craddock RTR

nso123

High Speed Steel Stinger
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2010
Tennessee
Does anyone have experience with the Craddock RTR barrels? I know his standard barrels are top notch, but the availability of these barrels is tempting.

Reactions: jh2785
I have one in 22 arc, just started playing with 80 VLD's
20240329_173446.jpg
20240329_173751.jpg

I would try to shoot 80.5gr FB, 85.5gr hybrids. I have had a lot of issues trying to get VLDs to shoot well out of my 224 Valk and 6arc. Basically gave up and settled into 105gr BTHP, hybrids and those 80.5gr bullets.
I've got some 85.5's coming, but I've never had trouble with vld's, actually prefer them to hybrids. It'll get tighter, I just started with em today.

20” .22Arc looks interesting.

I’d have to spring for the spiral fluting as it looks like really peels off the weight. HAF for what I’d do with it otherwise.

I get it, he’s inventorying these, so options are going to be a bit limited.

Those are Rock Creek button rifled barrels, & I have 2 of them that I got (2-3 years ago) from him before he started calling them RTR's.

I have an 18" & a 16" made to the contours I requested.

Both shoot very, very well, don't foul much at all & inspecting them with a borescope, the 2 I have are very clean with sharp lands, no chatter marks & no other radial marks of any kind.

I think they are very comparable to any of the Douglas barrels that I've seen.

So I'll have to assume the newly name RTR's are similar.

Be interested to see what Big Jake reports on the 2 he just got.

MM

Last edited:
Those are Rock Creek button rifled barrels, & I have 2 of them that I got (2-3 years ago) from him before he started calling them RTR's.

I have an 18" & a 16" made to the contours I requested.

Both shoot very, very well, don't foul much at all & inspecting them with a borescope, the 2 I have are very clean with sharp lands, no chatter marks & no other radial marks of any kind.

I think they are very comparable to any of the Douglas barrels that I've seen.

So I'll have to assume the newly name RTR's are similar.

Be interested to see what Big Jake reports on the 2 he just got.

MM

Initial Impressions are good I went out yesterday even though it was in the middle of a blizzard so visibility was shit. I just wanted to function test the build, I used a proprietary Suppressed/Unsurpassed adjustable gas block that is calibrated for 6.5 Creedmoor.

Rifle cycled the Hornady 105 black ammo just fine and ejected the brass at about 4 o'clock, but short stroked and failed to lock back with the Hornady V-Match 80gr ELD-VT.

I put 20rds of the Hornady Black down her to start barrel break-in, and zero the scope.

Came home and adjusted the JP SCS Buffer weight from a H2 to H1 and opened up the gas port in the selector valve .005"

Accuracy looked to be about MOA maybe less, but visibility was shit and I wasn't going to walk down just to snap a picture.

After cleaning I borescope the barrel, it's definitely what you'd expect to see in a button rifled barrel so I'm not going to form any real opinions on it until I give it a healthy 150-200rds break-in.

20240407_065154.jpg
Screenshot_20240407_065610_Gallery.jpg

I worked with Paul to get one of these for a 308 AR-10 a few years ago (maybe more, Bunny was still with us) and he actually talked me out of going bartlein and going with one of these rock creek blanks despite my hesitation compared to a cut rifled barrel. Im glad he did and he saved me a bunch of $$ in the process.

I would try to shoot 80.5gr FB, 85.5gr hybrids. I have had a lot of issues trying to get VLDs to shoot well out of my 224 Valk and 6arc. Basically gave up and settled into 105gr BTHP, hybrids and those 80.5gr bullets.
Not to butt in here, but you could also check out 80gr ammerman bullets . They are customs/hand swaged and are actually the same or cheaper than Berger, depending on where you get them. I use his 118s in my 30br and they hammer...then again so does any bullet in the 30br.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
Initial Impressions are good I went out yesterday even though it was in the middle of a blizzard so visibility was shit. I just wanted to function test the build, I used a proprietary Suppressed/Unsurpassed adjustable gas block that is calibrated for 6.5 Creedmoor.

Rifle cycled the Hornady 105 black ammo just fine and ejected the brass at about 4 o'clock, but short stroked and failed to lock back with the Hornady V-Match 80gr ELD-VT.

I put 20rds of the Hornady Black down her to start barrel break-in, and zero the scope.

Came home and adjusted the JP SCS Buffer weight from a H2 to H1 and opened up the gas port in the selector valve .005"

Accuracy looked to be about MOA maybe less, but visibility was shit and I wasn't going to walk down just to snap a picture.

After cleaning I borescope the barrel, it's definitely what you'd expect to see in a button rifled barrel so I'm not going to form any real opinions on it until I give it a healthy 150-200rds break-in.

View attachment 8390744View attachment 8390745
That 6m ARC barrel in that OBR chassis is frigging sweet.

Reactions: bigjake83
That 6m ARC barrel in that OBR chassis is frigging sweet.

That Sir is a 14.7" Craddock Precision RTR 6mm ARC Barrel that has a Precision Armament Hypertap pin and welded on.

14.7" 5R Rock Creek Button cut Barrel/ intermediate Gas System / .750 Gas Block Journal/ 5/8x 24 threads.

Reactions: Shoreglide
I have a RTR service rifle 22ARC on the way. once I get it set up and find a load, ill post the results here.

This is what i am highly intersted in.
I'm going to try some 69grSMK and some 80grain ammerman bullets. If you have any suggestions, I'll throw that in the load testing. This is my first time with a 22 ARC. Been looking into getting a 22 Grendel for awhile, and this just seems like a way easier route, and I can sling the heavies if wanted. Going to be buying powder at the end of this week.

Heavier the better. I am interested in using it for a 300-600 yard prone gas gun, I’m thinking 90 grain pills even.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
I took a 20 inch RTR 22ARC and a 22inch 6ARC RTR barrel for first rounds last night. Just sighting in my Thermal and to see how they shoot. Shooting factory 75 Eld in the 22 ARC and the 103 ELDX in the 6 ARC. Very happy with the accuracy and gas system. With only a few rounds through them they are very accurate. What a nice feeling. Great job by Craddock precision! Thanks Paul

I took a 20 inch RTR 22ARC and a 22inch 6ARC RTR barrel for first rounds last night. Just sighting in my Thermal and to see how they shoot. Shooting factory 75 Eld in the 22 ARC and the 103 ELDX in the 6 ARC. Very happy with the accuracy and gas system. With only a few rounds through them they are very accurate. What a nice feeling. Great job by Craddock precision! Thanks Paul
where groups?

Got my 16” RTR barrel from Craddock (223 Wylde with the intermediate gas length) and just got it all put together. Eager to shoot it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 10.19.43 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 10.19.43 AM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0137.jpeg
    IMG_0137.jpeg
    409.3 KB · Views: 35
My Craddock 6CM is at 1000 rounds and still hammering. Not sure if same as RTRs.

I’ve never had a 6CM (bolt or gas) last 1000 rounds although this one has been run lighter and is modBB.

I’ve seen 16’s in stock and Paul said they were supposed to have 18’s in stock last week but I must have missed them