• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Craziest thing seen with Night Vision/Thermal?

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
For those of you who've used Night Vision or Thermal, whether to just observe a city at night for curiosity, during surveillance, or for wildlife/wilderness viewing- what's the craziest thing you've ever seen?

Dirty car hood.jpeg

Having worked in a plethora of early American historical sites, I've always wondered about nod use in paranormal investigative activities. Many sites I've had the privilege of visiting have always had a steady stream of these paranormal investigations, either by groups led for paranormal tourism, or the more famous TV shows. It's also strange how certain sites of similar age exhibit more activity than others, yet some are outstandingly active while others seem completely inactive.

While I've seen the limited use of FLIR by the better funded entertainment crews, I've never seen anyone use intensifier tubes; I'm assuming because of prohibitive cost. Mostly you run into video/ audio, but now the widely popular spirit phones and emf meters are widely available and relatively inexpensive. The best stuff I've ever seen was captured on unadulterated good old fashioned audio and video. It just seems to me whenever you involved that electronic middle man so to speak, then the supernatural seems easier to spot. Why wouldn't nods work the same way?

So anyway, I've often wondered, since intensifier tubes are working similarly in which visible light is converted, amplified, then reconverted, I'm assuming it might allow the user to see things that might not be seen with the naked eye. ( No shit, right?) I mean, we all know that NV can just barely see a slight little bit more temp and IR differences, in which ghosts are known to manifest. Maybe I'll try it someday if I'm not feeling like to much of a scaredy cat. Until then, here's my somewhat lame story.

I'm in the middle of nowhere in the middle of a very dark Saturday night creeping on coyotes under nods. I'm having a good time seeing jack rabbits, meteors, and shit when I come upon something I don't recognize in the distance. It's obviously a man made thing, possible a structure or a small building, but I don't remember there being one around the area. There was an oilfield nearby so maybe it's some kind of production infrastructure. Whatever it was, I kept moving closer to see wtf. I get close enough for my memory to jog. Where I was used to be an old lil coal mining town in the early 20th c. There were old ruins behind me by about a k, but once I got close enough to tell that it was a small chain link fenced in area, I remembered. I'd always heard there was a pet cemetery out there but never really saw it, and that's what this was. I came up on it finally at night, under nods, and it was pretty creepy. There was another one out there a bit further too that I'd heard of, and don't remember seeing, that was supposed to have been a children's cemetery from about a century before; I'm assuming due to the flu pandemic. Anyway, I was weirded out enough to go back the way I came without looking back.

That's it. TLDR: Never really saw ghosts or anything, just came up on an old cemetery that have me a bit of a start.

Last edited:
Saw through Thermal a young probably female mountain lion, tail twitching, laying down in a dirt road about 10' from the front door of a travel trailer way back in a WMA in East Texas. Probably waiting for Fee Fee to be let out.

Watching the inert warhead of a Tow2B hit the side of the tank I was targeting, spraying fragments everywhere.

I was National Guard, and every year my unit would get a few ready to reach their shelf life missiles to send downrange.

The year I got my shot we received almost a dozen, so most of the gunners got to fire a live round. It sucks there was no explosive in the warhead, just concrete.

One E7 in our unit was an amateur photographer, and tried all day to catch a missile coming out of the tube. He finally timed it right when I was up. He gave me a framed print, and it's one of my most treasured items from my time in.
20190710_173040.jpg

Got a call over the net one night while my platoon was tasked with FOB security in Baghdad back in '04. "LT, this is tower 3, you gotta come see this shit!" So I boogied over post haste to figure WTF was going on. Got up in the tower and the boys were fighting over the Thermal.

Turns out some Haj was out about 300 meters past the perimeter and dead zone with his man dress up and railing some poor ass donkey from behind. No shit. Everyone in my platoon managed to cycle thru that tower to watch the fucking donkey show before I had enough of the bullshit and popped a star cluster out over the perimeter and ruined that Hajis date night. He split quicker than shit and then I called it up to the battle captain so they would know why the fuck star cluster was going off over on the south perimeter. Craziest shit I ever saw thru thermals. I am sure other .mil here saw similar shit over in IQ and A-stan

After reading this topic took my NV outside last night and looked up instead into the woods. Never saw so many satellites in my life. Very cool.

If I wasn't so retarded I would post the video but I like to watch the circus around my house after the sun goes down. Some nights it animals all over the place , others nights nothing. One night when they were all out I was watching one of the fox cruising around and he ( or she) would charge the deer and the deer would be like get the fuck out of here, then the fox would walk past the rabbit ( I thought that was odd, maybe rabbit was to big to eat?) to go over to pester the skunk which was digging around for bugs / grubs. I was surprised that the skunk would put up with the fox screwing with him while trying to eat but seemed to be unconcerned. Then the fox went over to fuck with the next door cat and they did a back and forth chase thing. All and all, the fox is a prick and also shits on my sidewalk.

Reactions: ewoaf