• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Crazy 4th of July sale at Night Goggles and TNVC

Thank you for the order, you will enjoy the DTNVG with these tubes, especially for the price!

Two downsides
1: the wait will drive me insane. Like waiting on NFA stuff.
2. I’m going to have to walk the dog at night now.

Thank you for the order, you will enjoy the DTNVG with these tubes, especially for the price!

Also for the large amount of folks ordering, a dealers web site and some social media are doing there best to talk falsehoods on these systems and tubes.
- YES, they are ALL autogated
- No they are NOT bottom of the barrel
- No they do NOT have "tons of blems"
- YES these still have a 10 year tube and life time system warranty
- And finally, YES they are all built in-house from us and not drop shipped from another dealer. We would never trust thousands of dollars of your hard-earned money having someone else build your kit, and then never have eyes on at all? No sir/no mam, not on our watch!

Plus if ya don't like it, you all have 14 days to return the system for a FULL refund NO QUESTIONS ASKED! Well as long as you don't throw it in a load of laundry and return it then! o_O

Thanks to all whom have ordered, it was one of our largest sales to date. While the sale is over, you will still find some of the best pricing out there on these XLSH systems from NightGoggles.

Quick question, if specs were equal between these XLSH tubes and the SLH (HP+) tubes sold by others, would these look identical between the two or will there still be some lack of performance from the XLSH in comparison to the SLH?

Quick question, if specs were equal between these XLSH tubes and the SLH (HP+) tubes sold by others, would these look identical between the two or will there still be some lack of performance from the XLSH in comparison to the SLH?
Identical, no lack of performance all being equal.

While the actual specs specs could be the same, one very significant difference would be the Spot/Blem spec. The NVD SLH (HP+) are very high graded regarding Spots/Blems compared to the XLSH offerings.

Me personally, I like a clean image without large Spots and Blems. There is a reason the NVD SLH (HP+) units cost a little more. Guaranteed higher performance and cleaner screen versus playing the Lotto Wheel with the XLSH offerings.

But hey, sometimes that old blind sow will find an acorn.

Reactions: jwramp
While the actual specs specs could be the same, one very significant difference would be the Spot/Blem spec. The NVD SLH (HP+) are very high graded regarding Spots/Blems compared to the XLSH offerings.

Me personally, I like a clean image without large Spots and Blems. There is a reason the NVD SLH (HP+) units cost a little more. Guaranteed higher performance and cleaner screen versus playing the Lotto Wheel with the XLSH offerings.

But hey, sometimes that old blind sow will find an acorn.

This is like the 3rd time you have discounted this offering and you tried to cherry pic what this poster was asking. "SPECS" also mean cosmetics as well and we equate that into specs as it's listed on a data sheet with all the "specs" being equal as the poster asked about. We have hid nothing about these tubes...

We all know and get it you're a NVD guy. You debate and drag us through the debate stage every chance you get, but NO ONE ELSE. (We get constant PM's here "hey TNVC what have you done to that guy", LoL) You even chapped my ass pretty bad when (maybe me reading into it) by sorta mocking Augee and his PhD studies on another debate started. But like I said, before you cut and paste bringing the Presidential debate here, it just rubbed me the wrong way you borderline insulted him IMHO. He's a brilliant young man, and you seem (me again talking), treat him like he's always claiming falsehoods and you trying to find a "gotcha moment". There is a pattern here....BUT just me , what I read and IMHO. But I digress...

You also stated on page 1 you have a NVD XLSH tube you seem to like, a lot it appears, but here you are yet again saying the same thing over and over again discounting the XLSH offering. I even inquired if you were sure it was a NVD tube build and you confirmed , you liked it.

If I may ask (no debate), is your NVD XLSH tube autogated? Yes or No? I only ask due to an NVD dealer who keeps trying to tell the world our XLSH tubes are somehow not AG units based on his web site listing and other places. But funny no one ever debates those false fake news claims.

Listen it's all good, we get it what you think about the offering here, you said it on page 1 and continue the dismay on this page as well basically saying the same thing. I will not respond yet again to the constant debate which I am sure will begin to happen again from this post, but it's apparent what many see. But the PhD comment is all me, hope I misinterpreted but even the MOD had to come in that thread for the first time ever here on the NV section of the Hide. It was pretty sad we just try to make a point and all hell broke lose on the "gotcha moments or thereof". Guess it's my redneck way as you always seem to point out on your wisdom.

Good luck with all your gear...I mean that and hope you find everything perfect one day. :)

So if the SLH and XLSH have identical spec and blem limits, why are there two different categories? Or is one a label given by NVD and the other from Elbit or something?
#notaphd #dumbcameraguy
Nevermind - Sam’s video clarified that they are in fact a bit different (certainly not a huge gap though)
877B0F1E-55E0-46D2-A0E8-4096A87A04F7.jpeg

Reactions: WhereNow&How
@Victor-TNVC

This is like the 3rd time you have discounted this offering and you tried to cherry pic what this poster was asking. "SPECS" also mean cosmetics as well and we equate that into specs as it's listed on a data sheet with all the "specs" being equal as the poster asked about. We have hid nothing about these tubes...

I was just pointing out that there is a significant difference in the guaranteed minimum level of performance between a XLSH tubes and the SLH (HP+) tubes. From a buyer’s perspective it is important. Rolling the dice on a $2,500 ish XLSH unit hoping for SLH (HP+) performance is not good odds. TNVC’s offerings on the XLSH units offers nowhere near the guaranteed minimum level of performance the SLH (HP+) units offer. That is a true fact that is important from a buyer’s and user’s perspective. I understand that you set forth your responses from a Dealer/Sellers point of view. I was just setting forth a buyer’s point of view.

We all know and get it you're a NVD guy. You debate and drag us through the debate stage every chance you get, but NO ONE ELSE. (We get constant PM's here "hey TNVC what have you done to that guy", LoL) You even chapped my ass pretty bad when (maybe me reading into it) by sorta mocking Augee and his PhD studies on another debate started. But like I said, before you cut and paste bringing the Presidential debate here, it just rubbed me the wrong way you borderline insulted him IMHO. He's a brilliant young man, and you seem (me again talking), treat him like he's always claiming falsehoods and you trying to find a "gotcha moment". There is a pattern here....BUT just me , what I read and IMHO. But I digress...

Yes, I do know that Night Vision Devices makes some really nice stuff as I own 3 units that came from them. However, I have over the years purchased used units that did not come from them. So, I am not the “NVD guy” exclusively as you try to portray me. Regarding your opinion that I am somehow out to “get Augee” it is important to note that Augee came over into a post I was posting in with the opening line “some things need clarification” and basically starts mischaracterizing what I said. I did not interject myself into a post of his trying to “school” him. But he did that to me and did not like me clearly standing up for the facts and then reeling him back on point when he tried to go off on other tangents to distract from the things, I proved him wrong that he stated.

I did not mock his PhD studies, I merely pointed that out as I would expect a person of his caliber in English Literature not to be mischaracterizing what I had clearly stated. A man correcting up someone who is clearly misstating what a man said, is not a “gotcha moment” Vic. I don’t let people put words in my mouth that I did not say. Never have, never will.

I personally do think Augee is a brilliant young man and have learned a lot myself and enjoyed all the detailed information and knowledge he has shared with everyone. However, I am the type of person that will point out or question something in a respectful and professional manner that appears to not be correct, no matter who it is. I never have been a Kool Aid drinker either and never will. If I make a mistake and am wrong, I will also apologize.

[QUOTE="Victor-TNVC, post: 8731443, member: 12586"]
You also stated on page 1 you have a NVD XLSH tube you seem to like, a lot it appears, but here you are yet again saying the same thing over and over again discounting the XLSH offering. I even inquired if you were sure it was a NVD tube build and you confirmed , you liked it.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am very satisfied with the used NVD WP XLSH tubed 14 I got. I was able to look at the Tube Data Sheet and Screen Cosmetics before I purchased it. Very nice clean Screen. Under those purchasing circumstances it was a great buy, especially for the price. If you will let me look at the Tube Data Sheet and Screen Cosmetics of your XLSH tubes (hand select), I might would purchase them as well, as I would know what I am going to get for my money. However, POT LUCK isn’t how I like to buy my units.

If I may ask (no debate), is your NVD XLSH tube autogated? Yes or No? I only ask due to an NVD dealer who keeps trying to tell the world our XLSH tubes are somehow not AG units based on his web site listing and other places. But funny no one ever debates those false fake news claims.

Yes, my NVD XLSH tube is autogated. I am not aware of any other dealers making false claims about TNVC units not being autogated.

Listen it's all good, we get it what you think about the offering here, you said it on page 1 and continue the dismay on this page as well basically saying the same thing. I will not respond yet again to the constant debate which I am sure will begin to happen again from this post, but it's apparent what many see. But the PhD comment is all me, hope I misinterpreted but even the MOD had to come in that thread for the first time ever here on the NV section of the Hide. It was pretty sad we just try to make a point and all hell broke lose on the "gotcha moments or thereof". Guess it's my redneck way as you always seem to point out on your wisdom.

There is no dismay on my part. Dismay means: "consternation and distress, typically that caused by something unexpected." I got the blood pressure of a 12-year-old, so definitely not anxious or distressed. I seek knowledge and the truth as best as can be ascertained. I can assure you that I was not mocking Augee’s PhD studies. I just expect a person of his caliber to not put words in my mouth I did not say. I hold intelligent people to a high standard and he is a very intelligent man, thus I felt like he was for some reason knowingly wordsmithing for ulterior motives. It was not an all hell broke loose situation in my opinion as you characterize, just a healthy debate between intelligent people.

Good luck with all your gear...I mean that and hope you find everything perfect one day.

Its all good on my end Vic. You dealer guys just don’t need to take it so personal. Learn and embrace knowledge "gleaned" from your customers ramblings. Listening is free and can lead to rewards if harnessed and embraced correctly. Even a dummy like me can enlighten folks with something now and then. Disregard the rest of it as applicable, but it is always set forth in a genuine way to make everyone think and learn. Even the guy that makes a ton of mistakes is valuable, he can tell you what not to do.

Appreciate the Good Luck gesture. Nothing is or ever will be perfect, but we endeavor to persevere as Chief Dan George would say.

Nevermind - Sam’s video clarified that they are in fact a bit different (certainly not a huge gap though)
View attachment 7383797

Good stuff. But it is important to note that the NVD SLH (HP+) has even way higher minimum specs than what Sam is showing on his board of knowledge.

That makes the NVD SLH (HP+) a much bigger minimum gap than even the regular SLH that Sam is showing.

I haven’t seen anyone here post. There are a bunch over on ar15.com that have gotten there’s and have posted pics and specs.

So anyone get theirs yet?
Hundreds have been shipped thus far, and several hundred more are in process as we're getting more and more tubes in. Yes housing and glass componets are also coming in very large qty's as well. Yes we wait for Mil Spec components and will not substitute.

Thanks guys, it's been the largest offering to date for NightGoggles and TNVC and we cannot thank you enough for your business!

WhereNow&How
^
There's always that one guy...

I ordered my PVS-14 July 7th after the website finally unfroze, it's my first nightvision unit ever, has anyone else gotten theirs yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: Victor-TNVC
WhereNow&How
^
There's always that one guy...

I ordered my PVS-14 July 7th after the website finally unfroze, it's my first nightvision unit ever, has anyone else gotten theirs yet?
As I mentioned above, a lot have shipped. Give us an email sales at tnvc dot com if ya hadn't already or PM here. Be happy to get ya an update. Thank you

Last edited:
Mine came in. I’m new to NV and don’t really know what these numbers mean:
Luminous: 2226
Radiant: 247
Halo max: .94
Burn in EBI phot max: .66
2x10-6 max: 68410
Center resolution: 76
FOM: 2416.8
Signal to noise: 31.8

No blems when I looked through it briefly.

Wow, that’s pretty good. Rethinking about grabbing one of these now
We will re-list these again towards the end of November as we first catch up on all the back orders. All the large quantities of XLSH tubes coming in are all filling these orders.

And yes, our XLSH line like any of our NV builds have a no question 15 day return policy with NO restocking fee as long as the unit is returned in new condition. Out of the thousands of units we've sold over the years, we've only had a just a few returns, one of which we still chuckle at that had soap suds and other markings it went through a wash cycle! :D

Mine came in. I’m new to NV and don’t really know what these numbers mean:
Luminous: 2226
Radiant: 247
Halo max: .94
Burn in EBI phot max: .66
2x10-6 max: 68410
Center resolution: 76
FOM: 2416.8
Signal to noise: 31.8

No blems when I looked through it briefly.

Just got mine yesterday with a DTNVG housing yesterday. First set of NODs for me. Specs aren't as good as yours but I feel happy. The EBI is a bit lower tho. Went in the backyard last night and shot a bit with a BCM SBR+DBal A3. Can't lie, it was a lot of fun.

Reactions: Jgunner
Just got mine yesterday with a DTNVG housing yesterday. First set of NODs for me. Specs aren't as good as yours but I feel happy. The EBI is a bit lower tho. Went in the backyard last night and shot a bit with a BCM SBR+DBal A3. Can't lie, it was a lot of fun.

Enjoy your unit, and thank you for the business!

Reactions: Alex V
We will re-list these again towards the end of November as we first catch up on all the back orders. All the large quantities of XLSH tubes coming in are all filling these orders.

And yes, our XLSH line like any of our NV builds have a no question 15 day return policy with NO restocking fee as long as the unit is returned in new condition. Out of the thousands of units we've sold over the years, we've only had a just a few returns, one of which we still chuckle at that had soap suds and other markings it went through a wash cycle! :D

Hey Victor - any update on when you guys may list these again?

Ordered 7/13, received 11/18. How'd I do?

Luminous 2496
Halo 0.87
EBI 1.77
Resolution 76
FOM 1732.8
SNR 22.8

d3Wo8i6h.jpg

Last edited:
You got a good tube relative to what you paid. The next step up would be an Omni VIII tube, which is $3100ish in green and $3500ish in white from TNVC.

Reactions: Victor-TNVC
Ordered 7/13, received 11/18. How'd I do?

Luminous 2496
Halo 0.87
EBI 1.77
Resolution 76
FOM 1732.8
SNR 22.8

It's on the lower side of specs with the SNR closer to the minimums and higher than desired EBI. Like Ryan said, the price per performance is fair.

However, if you get deeper into the hobby (addiction is more like it, lol) you will likely want a tube with more performance (in particular a higher SNR). Or it may be a keeper. It really depends on how it works for you, the conditions you're using it in, and if you can use an IR illuminator.

I ran a pair of older Omni III/IV's from 1996 with unknown specs. The minimums (SNR & RES) are worse than what you got and they worked fine. They just needed IR more often in low light conditions.

We are still building at incredibly high volume to clear the back orders! It's been a Mil Spec glass challenge as well but we will NOT sacrifice by filling ANY of our TNV builds with substandard glass!

Reactions: Frog05
Except for a very small number of units, we are now just about complete shipping the MASS quantities of XLSH systems to so many happy customers! Whew, our largest sale in the 15 year history of TNVC!

Cannot thank everyone enough and come next month the next round of surprises (think TNVC vSHOTT) that we feel will again rock the NV world in a big way like no other time.

Stay tuned...

Victor, does that mean orders will reopen on the XLS systems any time soon?
Yes Sir they will. Thank so many for the patience. If some did not know in order to get out all the remaining back orders, we sent our a mass email to those still on back order if they would not mind if we upgraded to their XLS tubes to the Mil Spec YH tubes at NO extra charge. We knew upgrading the XLS orders to a YH tube would give us virtually tiny margins and vitually a loss due to all our employees salaries and much other overhead, but it was so worth it to see the smiles on our customers faces with their emails and phone calls to give us the green light.

This is from Augee on the upgrade.

Just to confirm unequivocally, as we've mentioned before in the past--the XLS program and release were planned long before COVID, civil unrest, or any of the other events that have made 2020 a... year to remember occurred.

What this means is that our forecasting was done based on previous demand and supply lines, and we had planned to release over 4th of July, and sustain production/assembly indefinitely. What actually happened, as you all know, is that the unique convergence of events this summer led to both levels of demand that we could not have possibly anticipated, as well as supplier delays all across the board that have affected not just the night vision or even firearms industries, but all industries across the board. Unfortunately these delays have led to undesirable lead time increases for our customers, and we're well aware that we're outside of the quoted lead times for many of our customers, something that does not sit well with us at all.

The goal of the XLS program is and always been to get good, high quality, relatively low cost night vision into the hands of as many citizens as possible. We could have priced the XLS systems higher across the board, we could have charged extra for higher performing tubes, even if they were the same XLSH tubes, but ultimately we decided that the best way to accomplish our goals--which is ultimately to have more people interested and involved in night vision, was to go the way we did.

However, as supplier delays especially given the volume of tubes that we source, and being honest, some delays in assembly have pushed us further out from our goals, we made the determination that rather than waiting for overdue suppliers to catch up and continue passing it on to our customers, to use Elbit Systems of America mil-spec tubes that we already have on hand to finish out units, and push as many of them out as physically possible, as soon as physically possible. Yes, these tubes are more costly from our standpoint, they are the same tubes being used in DoD AN/AVS-6 and AN/AVS-9 ANVIS systems, however our commitment to our customers is first and foremost, and our customers have already been very patient in waiting for their systems.

As such, we've offered a limited number of customers voluntary no-cost upgrades (no one will get anything different than what they ordered, better or worse, without prior consent) to F9400YG/YH image intensifiers instead of the F9400XLSHs, as currently have enough ESA thin-filmed WP image intensifiers currently on hand to fill ALL existing NGI XLS system backorders, though they may be a different tube classification. Eligible customers will be notified by e-mail if they have not already been.

Last edited:
Is the TNVC newsletter the best way to find out when these will come back in stock, or is there a specific email wait list for the XLS systems?

Is the TNVC newsletter the best way to find out when these will come back in stock, or is there a specific email wait list for the XLS systems?

Please sign up and check out our vSHOTT event happening in a few weeks. A LOT of special announcements going to happen. Thank you.