• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crazy anti-Veteran Law

Fig

Tenor in the howler choir
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2018
The Most Dangerous City in the USA

The fact of the matter is that some people are a danger to themselves and others when they're suffering from mental health problems, and they probably should not keep a firearm handy. That said, this is the most ham fisted, ridiculous, counterproductive thing I can think of. This is just another way for our enemies in Congress to shit on veterans even more than they already do.

If I was a veteran and needed mental health help this would completely prevent me from seeking it AT ALL. I wouldn't go near the VA or government affiliated office if it put my guns and rights at risk. Not that this would withstand ANY constitutional scrutiny, but those evil fuckers will pass it anyway. True fifth column shit.

I took a gun from my friend one night as he was PTSDd out and having a really bad day, as in about to shoot himself kind of bad day. (15 years of HEAVY combat including 8 total years time in Afghanistan, dead kids, etc.)

Neither one of us ever even mentioned or thought about involving the VA.

They don't help you. They fuck you.

The linked article was a bit vague, and I didn't click on further links.

I'm assuming that they are referring to banning firearm ownership for vets that claimed PTSD? I'm sure the real underlying reason is that those same vets are the physical wall that the communist regime here doesn't want to run into later on when they go to the next step of rights reduction.

I'm at 12...12 former colleagues and subordinates of mine that have committed suicide in the last 13 years. It sucks, but blanket screwing anyone who just needs a touch of help at some random point in their life is BS. One of my good friends who was unsuccessful at suicide is now working for the VA helping other vets. You never shit on somebody who is having one bad point in their lives.

There's a reason why I didn't claim a single bit of PTSD during my out processing for retirement. I knew this shit would eventually happen.

The regime can lick deez nutz.

Last edited:
It is referring to veterans that have their finances handled by a Rep Payee. Nothing directly with PTSD or any certain mental health concern.

I happened to a good friend of mine. He ate 3 105mm in an IED. Suffered a bad TBI. He was straight up with the VA about forgetting to pay bills, losing keys etc. So, of course he gets a fiduciary with zero heads up about the consequences. The irony is they did this while he was a stateside contractor/trainer for a SOF unit. No due process of law. Write your representatives and let them know this isn't right and needs to be repealed. It will only take a minute. Rant complete.
S/F

Reactions: camocorvette
I suppose I could approach the VA for some regular medical costs/healthcare. But, being involved with this government scares the heck out of me. It’s a totally different world than even just 14 years ago when I retired. And a different government.

It truly has become a democracy. Where the masses in Los Angeles and NYC pretty much think alike and rule over the others. I always thought it was a constitutional republic. Guess now, I am wrong.

As a 100% "disabled vet", I go see the VA for my annual checkup that includes a blood draw.

Sure as shit, the first page of my results that the doc handed me a week later...had me as testing "negative" for about a dozen types of narcotics. Motherfukkers were drug testing me without my knowledge or consent.

I called up another buddy who has a mid/upper-level management position in the VA in IL...he confirmed it...they test vets for drugs each time an annual blood draw is conducted...but they do it "so we can get them help if they need it". Bullshit. Ironically, he went to college and applied at the VA because they screwed him hard on his exit.

I trust no government entity. None. They will lie and try to screw you just as hard as any crackhead out on the street.

I dunno. Maybe certain veterans should be disarmed…