• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crazy Fire 5.5 Borescope Inspection Cam for Android

fmaglin

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
Ohio
IMG_20170523_091350_01.jpg Went to sight in my scope at my neighbor's range and while talking he showed me a new inexpensive gadget he bought. It's a borescope that plugs into your Android smart phone. I was really curious as to what this camera was capable of displaying, so I asked if I could try it out before we commenced to shooting. My rifle is a Remington 700P .308, that I purchased used 2 years ago. I had personally fired over 1200 rounds through it from the time I purchased it up to the present; however, I had no idea how many rounds were fired previous to my owing it. It always shoots .5 MOA or better if I do my part right. So, here is a photo showing the throat with the borescope entering from the muzzle. There is also an attachment that comes with the bore scope that allows you to view the bore 90 degrees to the axis. Not too shabby for $13.99. Only major drawback I could see with this particular model was it will not fit the bore of a .223.

Last edited:
I could be wrong... but the ones I see on a google search state a 3cm-8cm focal distance which would not allow you to use a 90% attachment and be focused so confirm that before purchasing.

I could be wrong... but the ones I see on a google search state a 3cm-8cm focal distance which would not allow you to use a 90% attachment and be focused so confirm that before purchasing.

Good point. With the 90 degree attachment installed, it was very difficult to clearly see any detail such as fire cracks.