• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crazy idea for a Encore rifle?

marku

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2008
Illinois
Got a Encore muzzleloader and now im looking for a barrel so I can shoot it more often. Suprisingly my fathers 22-250 Encore with stock TC varmit barrel is VERY accurate. Im wanting something much bigger for long range.

So over the past couple days ive thought and thought and came up with this. The Legigh bullets for the .375 are 330 grain with a BC of .941. If I can get someone to chamber the .375 weatherby round in a Lawton 32" Lost River barrel for a encore I think I could achieve 2500-2650fps with that bullet. I would just have to watch the preasure and make sure it doent go over the 62000 mark because the Encore frame got its limitiations. I would make a good round up to and past 1500yds. According to JBM online it would need 87moa for 2000yds. Now thats at 2600fps, and I dont know how "accurate" that would be but thats damn good. Your thoughts?