• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crazy M91/30 Shooting

When I watch videos like this, it just makes me laugh at the fellas who think you need a $3000 rifle and scope combo to engage targets that far. This guy is doing it with a 70+ year old, $180 rifle, irons and garbage ammo. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

I like how you can see the shockwave of the bullet. Good stuff

Just last night I spent the cash on the bent bolt and a repro PU for mine. should be tons of fun! and to think, I'm only going to stretch mine a measly 600yds.

Just last night I spent the cash on the bent bolt and a repro PU for mine. should be tons of fun! and to think, I'm only going to stretch mine a measly 600yds.

Once you will have it dialed in, 600 is a good distance for this combo. 7N1 works well for TR; reloads are another way to go, as regular surplus ammo can be either decent or not so good.
Let us know how she does.

Will do. It's an izzy ex-sniper that I bought about a decade ago, and honestly I've only shot it a handful of times, none of which have been in the past 5 years or so (just got busy moving around a lot). my plan is to try some of the hornady match grade stuff, and compliment that with the brown bear round that also has a 174gr. The bore really looks great, so we'll see what happens! Either way itll be a lot of fun.

kis2, sounds like you are already having fun, just thinking about it.
Jake, at 900 yards and similar distances, it is not easy but once you are dialed in, it rocks.
Shot my '43 Tula PU accurately up to 960 yards with reloads (in all fairness, got good days and bad days at that distance); hell I even tried a mile...came real close but steel didn't ring, was fun anyway ;)
Regarding OP's video: TRex is an awesome shooter and his knowledge is as good as his shooting skills; the guy spent a LOT of time delivering great info to other shooters. Thanks man, outstanding.

it will be fun. most folks on this site (myself included) have mighty fine modern rifles that make 600, 700 yards and more not even all that challenging. itll be nice, I think, to take a step back from that high science and put a little more guesswork into it. been a while since I had to use some old fashioned Kentucky windage!

I ended up ordering s&b 174 SMK match. it comes in a brass case, so I figured that's a deal. then a bunch of brown bear. i'll let you guys know how the ammo and scope turn out.

thanks for the great videos!

i keep talking myself into getting one, then immediately talk myself out of it again. happened yesterday again at cabela's

if i can come by a finnish m39 or m44 i'll probably finally leave the store with it.