• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Creatine or Kre-alkalyn

NRAShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
So what are your thoughts on creatine vs its buffered version, Kre-alkalyn? I've been utilizing the buffered version and find it works well with no side effects. I've had a couple of people advise me that creatine monohydrate is a much better way to go. Not sure as creatine requires higher dosages and on paper looks less efficient.

Anyone?

Re: Creatine or Kre-alkalyn

its personal preferance. I lost zero mass when i went off creatine mono and I lost zero when I went off kre-alk. I did retain a good bit more water when I was on the mono though. My skin felt tight a lot of the time and I did end up with stretch marks

I've tried them all and the good old monohydrate gets me stronger every time. I believe that this is due to the monohydrate making you hold more water in the muscle and giving it a mechanical advantage.
I have tried using as much as 20g a day and was no stronger than on 10 a day , only differance was upset stomach.

I'm currently using some stuff called "Concrete" , it takes WAY less volume than the monohydrate and it mixes a little easier which is nice but i haveent see and differant is strength , I haven't changed my training or eating in the last 8 weeks and probably won't for the next 3 so i've been on this for 2 weeks and i figure that should give a good fair assesment as to if it works or not.
For the last couple years i have only used 7g of creatine a day 3.5g taken in 12hr appart , my line of thinking is that the body is less likely to waste any that way

I read that regualar Creatine Monohydrate has bloating side effects. Not too interested in this as I spend alot of time in the water and do scuba too.

Is the bloating issue real?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NRAShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read that regualar Creatine Monohydrate has bloating side effects. Not too interested in this as I spend alot of time in the water and do scuba too.

Is the bloating issue real? </div></div>

Just water retention. You'll gain water weight, but if you ween yourself off it that water weight will become true muscle weight.

Most people bloat because they stop lifting and they stop taking creatine at the same time

Could you guys compare BSN cellmass for me with the creatine you are currently talking about. I used cellmass for a while and came off of it. Never seemed to get the bloating or water retention you hear of with creatine, but it was my understanding that the cellmass was not really a full does of creatine. Hate to sound dumb but I would like to understand the diff a little better from someone that may know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NRAShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does Mono stack with NO boosters or Beta Alanine supps?</div></div>

Mono will stack well with Beta Alanine supps. Like Extreme Pump. A lot of people are reporting no side effects and good results by using both product simultaneously.

I personnally prefer buffered creatine with SuperPump250 and I had great results. SuperPump does not have beta alenine in it and that's the way I like it.