• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Creedmoor reloads...

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
Ok, so I have this 6.5 Creedmoor that shoots great, but is just too fuggin slow... The factory 140gr match ammo is only getting 2640fps and that's just bunk...

I've about ran through all my factory ammo, and now I'm going to start trying to heat it up. I'd like to get these 139, 140 grainers going at least 2800fps. What powders would you guys suggest? I'm going to try to just add some H4350 to the factory recipe, but while I'm doing load development, thought I'd try some others. I have some RL-17, and RL-25 here that has worked good in my .243 with the 115 DTACs... Would these be worth a try?

The rifle has a 25" barrel, and I can't remember, but think it's an 8.5 twist...

Jason

Re: Creedmoor reloads...

Maybe some H100V and Reloader19&22. Thinking R25 might be too slow (run out of capacity before pressure).

Not opposed to Reloader powders, I've had good luck with them in other rifles...

I'm deficient in the picking powders process... LOL

I had 43grns of H4350 in the case and getting 2870fps from my 28" barrel. Should give you close to 2800fps. No pressure and very accurate. Play around t=with the H4350 and you'll find the load.

I've tried H-100V, H4350, H4831SC, & Varget. I'm shooting out of a 26" Kreiger (1-8") on a DPMS receiver.
H4350 has given most consistent accuracy with wider variety of bullets.
IIRC, 4831sc seems to give most consistently low SD and ES, and I have found a load with 140SMKs and 4831SC that has given me 2740-2780fps depending upon conditions.
I shot the Varget over 120s, but that's it. They shoot fine, but the 140s work really well and I prefer to go heavier anyway.
The 100-V and 140 Berger VLD I have shot several times has given highest velocity/lowest pressure combo right around 2750fps.
The 4831SC is a close second on velocity/pressure and H4350 right behind it. They are all pretty close in velocity/pressure for me, but the 100V was noticeable in lack of pressure.
I've used so many combos due to component availability and my love of "The Pursuit", if you will, and all of them have shot sub-moa when tuned to their sweet spot. Overall, I think H4350 and 140 A-Max is very hard to beat. If I would've been able to get all the 140 AMax bullets I needed when I needed them, I doubt I would've tried different bullets - only powder! I have heard great things about RL17, but don't have any yet.