• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Creedmoor Sports scamming? Well, no not really.

MK20

Major Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2018
    The land of many waters
    Update: Creedmoor Sports went out of their way to take care of me with my order and reached a solution that worked for everyone, so I placed an order with them.

I just tried to order 3000 175 gr 308 practice bullets from Creedmoor Sports. I went to check out and they wanted over 200 dollars just for shipping. I called them and asked what was going on as that is nowhere near the rate for shipping bullets. After an interminable hold, the lady came on and quoted me 4 dollars higher than what the website said and claimed that that was with a "discount".

I work in the industry and we ship a lot of bullets. I KNOW that 3000 bullets will fit into no more than 2 flat rate boxes, which cost right about 25 dollars per to ship. Therefore, market rate shipping is 50 dollars, give or take a few bucks.

When I am being quoted 4 times the market rate for shipping, I find that to be not just egregious, but downright scummy.

I had always heard good things about Creedmoor Sports, but after this interaction, I want nothing to do with people who act like that.

For those of you who have bought from Creedmoor, is this normal for them?

Last edited:
    From what I can see, USPS sets a flat-rate weight limit at 70lbs

3000 175gr bullets are right around 75lbs...

See if they can split it into 2 boxes?

Buddy, this is what I just asked them to do and they quoted me $206 dollars shipping.

This is why I am pissed at them.

I have not had any sort of bad experiences with Creedmoor Sports, but haven’t run over 70 lbs. either. You are probably being charged a pallet freight rate.

Like @mcameron said, call and ask to break the shipment into two shipments.

Okay, I was posting while you were. I’d just cancel the order and make two orders. 1500 + 1500 or 2000 + 1000.

Ok, if I split the order into 2 orders of 1500 bullets each, they want to charge me $142.93 PER ORDER.

So $286 for shipping if I break it up.

Creedmoor sports is 100% being dishonest as fuck with their shipping and making their money in that way.

I use commercial FedEx, UPS, and Post Office accounts at work and there is no FUCKING way it costs them this much.

Reactions: IowaPlinker
    I asked the lady directly if they could ship it in 2 flat rate boxes and she put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back and quoted me $206 per their shipping calculator.

Yes, she responded that that was what her shipping calculator told her.

This is what they quoted me for FedEx Ground.

Capture.JPG

And I just got on our corporate account and put in Creedmoor Sports zip code to see what shipping would be and it spit out $116 to ship 75 lbs of bullets via FedEx.

So the apples to apples comparison of shipping here reveals that Creedmoor Sports is making just over $75 dollars profit through their shipping alone on this order or they have the worst shipping account in the world.

Yeah.
    Thats BS.

I have bought from them several times and this wasnt the case.

Who else in the industry over charges for shipping?……
    More than 1 for sure and not like that.

A year ago, I bought 5k rds of loaded 9mm for an awesome price. Caveat was I pay shipping.
    $144 for that many rounds from a private party via UPS. No idea weight and lots for sure.

So I got a lady named Melanie on the phone this time who seemed nice and a definite cut above the mouth breather I spoke to earlier and she said she will look into it for me. I will call her back in a bit.

I don't know what that means, but we will see.

So I got a lady named Melanie on the phone this time who seemed nice and a definite cut above the mouth breather I spoke to earlier and she said she will look into it for me. I will call her back in a bit.

I don't know what that means, but we will see.
    Good luck. You definitely got a mouth breather the first two times. A clueless one who reads off of the response card, versus someone who actually wants to do their job.

Best of luck. I had something similar for some small parts from a manufacturer. Literally needed 2 tiny screws and they wanted to charge $12 for shipping for the parts that totaled $1.50. I called them and asked if there any other options. These were screws small enough to just toss in a business envelope for 50cents. I said I'd gladly pay reasonable shipping. They checked and sent them to be free in a business envelope.

So hopefully, they can help accommodate you and find a more reasonable way to ship.

I put in the same order, and the shipping showed up as $99.22, which is still WAY too high.

Check out Sage's Reloading Supply and see if he has what you need. I just put in 3000 150gr 308 in my cart, and the shipping was free.
    I've ordered from them before, and they do use USPS flat rate boxes.

I don't understand why anyone shipping small, heavy items doesn't use USPS flat rate. I order lots of pistol bullets and dealt with one company almost exclusively until they dropped the USPS option. The post office takes their time delivering, but I've always received them. Two or three times the freight is bogus.

I don't understand why anyone shipping small, heavy items doesn't use USPS flat rate. I order lots of pistol bullets and dealt with one company almost exclusively until they dropped the USPS option. The post office takes their time delivering, but I've always received them. Two or three times the freight is bogus.
    It’s always fun trying to watch the postal service worker trying to deliver 6k of pistol
    Bullets.

They usually knock on the dirt and are like you have to come get these.

Large flat rate boxes with a roll of tape on each lol.

Reactions: lash
    It’s always fun trying to watch the postal service worker trying to deliver 6k of pistol
    Bullets.

They usually knock on the dirt and are like you have to come get these.

Large flat rate boxes with a roll of tape on each lol.

PO once refused to deliver a batch. Head to local PO and ask why not. Clerk looks at the slip and says, "Oh, it's over weight." I asked if he wanted to wager a sizeable sum. He brings the box esup and I ask him to weigh them...68 lbs each. I again ask why it wasn't delivered. He said, "Well, we have some pretty sorry employees."

I went online and registered a complaint and every batch since has been delivered to my front door. If I see the truck, I'll meet them with my handcart.

Ok, if I split the order into 2 orders of 1500 bullets each, they want to charge me $142.93 PER ORDER.

So $286 for shipping if I break it up.

Creedmoor sports is 100% being dishonest as fuck with their shipping and making their money in that way.

I use commercial FedEx, UPS, and Post Office accounts at work and there is no FUCKING way it costs them this much.

Here is a reality check for all the know it alls demanding insanely cheap shipping.

How are YOU personally willing to ship an order that weighs 80 plus pounds

If you know that some asshole online is going to whine, bitch, demand and try their very best to stick you with it and rip off your money if any of their shiny little pokey things happen to be "damaged" or "missing" or "dinged"

Do you want to bet YOUR personal money in the full amount of the order, that stuffing all that lose into a USPS flat rate box is going to get there in a manner that makes the above mentioned entitled internet brat happy?

Try it a few times if you don't believe me, after loosing your ass, you'll start shipping properly.
    (Oh and no you don't get to ask them for cash / money orders or Zelle, you have to take a credit card and then run the risk they do some stupid chargeback and rip you off for everything and couldn't even be bothered to send the items back).

Now decent shipping for the above order to a residential address out in that zipcode with insurance and requiring a signature (you best be shipping with both if you don't want to be eating it and being ripped off) would be around $110

Speaking of Creedmoor Sports and shipping who know where to order AMP pilot and a shell holder for the AMP holder?

I need a pilot #3 for .223ai and a shell holder for .223. CS didn’t have both and wanted like $12 shipping for just the pilot.

Here is a reality check for all the know it alls demanding insanely cheap shipping.

If you know that some asshole online is going to whine, bitch, demand and try their very best to stick you with it and rip off your money if any of their shiny little pokey things happen to be "damaged" or "missing" or "dinged"

Do you want to bet YOUR personal money in the full amount of the order, that stuffing all that lose into a USPS flat rate box is going to get there in a manner that makes the above mentioned entitled internet brat happy?

Try it a few times if you don't believe me, after loosing your ass, you'll start shipping properly.
    (Oh and no you don't get to ask them for cash / money orders or Zelle, you have to take a credit card and then run the risk they do some stupid chargeback and rip you off for everything and couldn't even be bothered to send the items back).

Now decent shipping for the above order to a residential address out in that zipcode with insurance and requiring a signature (you best be shipping with both if you don't want to be eating it and being ripped off) would be around $110
    Have you ever ordered bulk bullets before……

I have personally shipped hundreds of such orders and that is the reason that we buy tape by the pallet.

Ship it right and it is rarely a problem.

I have not had any sort of bad experiences with Creedmoor Sports, but haven’t run over 70 lbs. either. You are probably being charged a pallet freight rate.

Like @mcameron said, call and ask to break the shipment into two shipments.
    If tha fails just make two separate orders. 1000 and 2000. Done.

American reloading ships free and their prices are ridiculously low. Granted bulk stuff/pulled bullets. I just got 500 180g HST pulls for 59.00 with free shipping. And it showed up in 3 days.

I checked Brownells and Midway and neither were remotely close to $200 freight. I guess they haven't figured it out, yet.

Have you ever ordered steel targets from Jake? 69# of steel, taped into a flat rate shipping envelope or flat rate box. Mail persons hate that.

I’ve also privately shipped bullets in flat rate packages. Proper packing and quality tape used generously means it always gets there in good shape. And it keeps the USPS delivery types in shape too.

And yes, I’ve shipped plenty of things by freight. Things get expensive quickly. Much more so now than before the plannedemic.

I only ship stuff by mail if the savings in shipping is worth the risk of loss.
    So cheap stuff going to expensive to ship to areas.

So I just got off the phone with Melanie and she told me that their account with USPS doesnt let them use flat rate boxes, which I found to be extremely odd considering they ship a lot of lead, which is heavy.

However, they did give me the shipping price that my commercial account quoted me so I thought that was quite fair on their part, considering the crunch all the gun industry is under these days.

So I have to give it to Creedmoor sports for taking the time to do a good deal with a customer even though their shipping is kinda screwy.

I’ve shipped a lot of loose bullets. Put them in a Tyvek envelope, ensure they can move around in the box, use about $1 worth of tape, and you’ll be fine.

Being from the shipping industry, I can tell you countless stories about this. USPS does not give 2 shits about flat rate anything, more so for the contractors that do most of the actual handling. Boxes over 70lbs is normal, the highest I’ve personally seen was #115, that was tackle shop shipping 1-3lb halibut weights. Small banks have shipped their change in them, the list goes on. They’ve all exploded, been tossed, fell off the cart at 25 mph, most worker bees couldn‘t care less.