• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Creekside Taylorsville, Georgia Monthly PRS Matches

studentshooter

A student of the shooting sport
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2019
I read on Creekside Long Range Series facebook page that they are having monthly PRS type matches ;Creekside is in Taylorsville GA (about 45min west of Atlanta). I attended one last October and it was a lot of fun and challenging at the same time, great atmosphere and a couple new shooters attended. They have the dates for the matches on their facebook page, the 1st match is on February 9th and the 2nd on March 9th. Anyone planning on attending?

My girlfriend and I will be attending again. She had a blast at the October match, and did pretty good for her first time in a match or shooting from barricades.

Targets tend to range from 400-500 yards due to range restrictions. Shots from the last match were from modified car door, 55 gallon drum alternating to a chair, typical barricade, a “boat platform” (platform on chains”, firing from logs and from steps. 8 stages, 100rds.

2E679A07-D88B-42EE-8911-A20DE7269AD4.jpeg
9D7DFE41-0AFA-45FE-9A75-5A11846DBED0.jpeg
068E6B18-E482-4027-B4C4-637755582A51.jpeg
CB51D1C8-3C13-497D-BB3B-ECFC91577CE2.jpeg

The matches are $50, which is cheap compared to most other areas. Also, the owner of the range is the guy that invented the Mammoth Sniper Challenge. Come on out, be safe, and have some fun. You don't have to have any expensive equipment and there are veterans of the sport that will help and even loan equipment. This year they will be opening up the distance to 700 yards by shooting across the field.

Last edited:
You missed a good one--the next one is March 9th. I'll upload some pictures below. We had 16 shooters in 34 degree weather. There was everything from high end rifles to budget stuff. Very good crowd.
20190209_134859.jpg
20190209_134949.jpg
20190209_134959.jpg
20190209_134922.jpg
20190209_134929.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to have to check this out. March 9 date is looking good.

Registered for March 9. Hope to see some more of ya'll do the same.

I’ll be there with my better half. Working on loading some ammo for her 223 tonight.

Triple D, the guy that won the match on 02-09-2019 used a 223 bolt gun!!! Go figure! I would be good to see more shooters as there are many sponsors coming on board. Eric32 come on down man; we have a really great crowd and you don't have to have a $5000 rig. There are guys with $500 and $600 rigs, they come out and enjoy themselves. You'll be surprise the amount of encouragement you will get.

I do have a 5k rig, but barely any free weekends for the next little bit. I got my AI doped out finally and have a kestrel finally. But it seems that my work keeps me occupied.

Ill try my hardest to sneak away and make it.

Last edited:
Triple D, the guy that won the match on 02-09-2019 used a 223 bolt gun!!! Go figure! I would be good to see more shooters as there are many sponsors coming on board. Eric32 come on down man; we have a really great crowd and you don't have to have a $5000 rig. There are guys with $500 and $600 rigs, they come out and enjoy themselves. You'll be surprise the amount of encouragement you will get.

Did Chris win? We’ll have to see if we can change that up!

Reactions: CBeck
Can you pm me a good telephone number?

*found it*

Look forward to the match

Last edited:
Did Chris win? We’ll have to see if we can change that up!
It’s not the wand, it’s the magician!

These matches are a lot of fun and always challenging. Any one on the fence come on out. If you wait until you think you are ready to shoot a match you’ll never show up. If you need any advice or gear there is plenty to go around.

If you are interested register on practiscore and call the range (770-324-9070) to pay.

Creekside hosted a very challenging/fun match today with 28 shooters. Each match is different and today you had the chance to win back your entry fee. Below you will find pictures from today’s match. Lots of fun and a couple of new shooters. Congrats to Chris on winning with his 223 bolt guno_Oo_Oo_O besting all the 6.5 creeds, 6mm creeds, 224 valkyrie etc. Next match is April 13th see you guys and gals there.

Last edited:
It was definitely a muddy day, but it was great to send some rounds down range! Wasn’t too happy about having numerous failures to fire from my new action, but I doubt it would have helped me to best Chris today. He’s definitely got his rifle dialed in currently.

Attempting to win back the match entry fee was a fun bonus stage. 2” wide ruler, then small square then small oval at 500yds prone with no rear bag. Fewest shots to complete the stage, or get more hits repeating the course of fire (Max 7 shots) wins. Happy to come away with that minor victory, but almost lost to my girlfriend who took 3 shots to hit the 2” compared to my 2.

All in all, it was a good day. Hope to see everyone back next month, and some new shooters as well.
7B5FBAF1-58B8-44D2-9AC1-63B8EF3F33CC.jpeg
50204B30-EDE9-4388-850F-D629932248EF.jpeg
BE641695-3346-459F-A05A-610A89D2CE1C.jpeg
A38EE156-DB54-44F4-BFA1-A504E7CACC50.jpeg
4D8CC55C-B4EE-4D5F-BE42-D2923634E3B0.jpeg
83009757-0A5B-4266-AADA-8B3E121B9C4E.jpeg

0BAF09B0-21F6-4650-9557-C7022A0E946B.png

Reactions: jetsurgeon
I’m so jealous you guys had a mat on stage 1. I was a nasty mofo after that one lol.

It was a good time today. I just drank a lot of NyQuil in celebration.

I was one of the new shooters and fortunate enough to be in Chris' squad (so long as I don't catch that nasty stuff he was hacking). I had a chance to learn a lot from watching him and didn't do too badly myself. Lot's of opportunities to work on different positions which is what I need. Looking forward to the next one.

If you don’t swim the creek for Joe, you aren’t really doing a proper Creekside match.

Not me, but I did it as well.

Reactions: GTHappy
Alright guys and gals, I was able to confirm that the next match will be at least 200 yards longer than previous matches. This time the match director is stretching it out to 700 yards—it’s official! New stages are already in progress (see picture below). The next match is April 13th so be sure to have your 670 to 700 yards DOPE. As always, new shooters are always welcome: good rifle, good scope, and great attitude (oh and be safe!). See you at the next match;)
PS: Can anyone dethrone Chris; it’s kind of embarrassing when a 223 rem bolt gun keeps winning the matches:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rounds are already loaded.

Bringing a rifle with some confirmed dope instead of a fresh build...or the blue 223.

I’m bringing these little guys.

But I can bring these if you want me too.

On the plus side I’m not sick any more. ?

How many do we have signed up from here?

Also the match in May is a team match. If you don’t have a partner and still want to sign up you can pair with other people that don’t have one. That being said the April match will be a good opportunity to make plans with a fellow shooter to partner up.

Can you give an example of how the team match will be ran. eg. 1 shooter, 1 spotter. What if you don't have spotting equipment? What's the price for the team match per team?

Can you give an example of how the team match will be ran. eg. 1 shooter, 1 spotter. What if you don't have spotting equipment? What's the price for the team match per team?
I think the price is the same per shooter. I believe he is setting it up as in you are both shooting together. So think stages with longer time limits but you are working though the stages together alternating roles. If you don’t have a spotting scope I’m sure there will be something you can borrow but depending on the time and position you can spot with your rifle scope.

I'm planning to shoot the April 13th match. March was my first one and had a great time.

I plan to be there on the 13th also, will be my first match. Glad I had the option to shoot 550 last weekend. My calc was calling for .4 higher than what I was actually hitting at.

Good to see so many new shooters signed up. Registration closes 2 days before the match so be sure to sign up on www.practiscore.com search creekside.
Disclaimer: these matches are fun/addictive ??? be sure to consult your doctor ?‍⚕️or wife? before signing up.

Last edited:
I’ll be there. Was hoping to bring the Valkyrie, but initial testing today didn’t go as planned.

Triple D, bring out the 22 creedmoor. The magician ?‍♂️ with the 223 bolt gun is considering running a 308 bolt gun to make it "fair" ? for the other shooters.

Last edited:
This is 2 and a half hours away from me. Decisions, decisions.

Come on down man. You'll have a blast! I've yet to meet 1 person that would not come back to another match.

Triple D, bring out the 22 creedmoor. The magician ?‍♂️ with the 223 bolt gun is considering running a 308 bolt gun to make it "fair" ? for the other shooters.

You think the 22creedmoor would help you? ?

You could run my other creedmoor. After the new barrel settled down and got the dope right, it was 1 or 2 for the remaining stages.

Yep, it's going to be a good one tomorrow. Don't forget your DOPE out to 650-700 yards.

Great match today and a lot of great performances. Hope all you guys had fun and look forward to seeing everyone at the next one.

Reactions: wb00757