• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crescent Customs FN Build: That'll do, Moon...

Graham

Generalissimo
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2007
Michigan
After shooting a few matches with Ben Voss and trying the FN SPRs at the ASC issue match a few years ago, I decided on doing an FN build. So, when Moon set-up Crescent Customs I sent him the parts:

FN SPR action
Obermeyer .298 Bore 5R 11-ish twist Fluted MTU at 23"
McMillan A3 with Terry Cross hardware
CDI bottom metal

IMG_4116.jpg

I can see that I will need lower rings:
IMG_4117.jpg

Shots 5-10 on the new bbl while sighting-in (the can was a bit hot):
IMG_4115.jpg

Re: Crescent Customs FN Build: That'll do, Moon...

Would you expect anything less of Moon? Besides, he loves the Winnie actions.

I have 3 of those actions and they are very nice for what I paid for, they do make very nice rifles and great shooters also
cool build, congrats.

I don't see too many Obermeyer barrels on here. His shop is about 20 minutes from me.

Welcome! Now, to mimic and dare I say IMPROVE upon that AI 2 stage you like so much, send CG Xtreme $300 and have Tom send you one of his triggers. Make sure to spec FN SPR and the shoe from their tactical trigger. You will also need to hog out the top slot of the CDI by about 1/2".

You can thank me on the mountain next Spring!
smile.gif

Very nice. Moon does great work.

Yes, it's a .308. SW Ammo factory 155 Scenars at 2875fps, so no real need to step-up to a .260.

And no need for a two-stage trigger: It's a crisp 2.5lb single stage - one of the nicest FN tiggers I've felt in a long time.

I've never had anything sent to me from Moon that wasn't a tackdriver.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwatson308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So when did moon leave GA? </div></div>

He left sometime around Feb of this year.

L

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I've never had anything from Moon that wasn't a tackdriver.
smile.gif
</div></div>

+4 or 5
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I've never had anything from Moon that wasn't a tackdriver.
smile.gif
</div></div>

+4 or 5
smile.gif
</div></div>

+5 here for rifles and + 3 for a few other rebarrels.

Great-looking & shooting rifle! I really need to go fondle an FN SPR, I had a R700 LTR that shot great but I have big hands and the stock felt a little cramped up while bench shooting, ended up trading it awy. The factory FN stock seems like a less-angled McMillan to me.