• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Crimson Trace heads up

former naval person

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2003
Mississippi
I have just been in correspondence with CT. I have a pair of grips that has developed an intermittent switching problem. Sometimes it lights, and sometimes not. I asked them if they could fix it and what the cost would be. They stated that 1. That model had been discontinued, and 2: They have a three year guarantee, and after that they could not repair it. So...heads up suggestion: If you are planning a purchase inquire about the repair policies first. JMHO

Re: Crimson Trace heads up

CTC is the only visible laser for pistol that I trust, but unfortunately guys that I trust have reported durability issues with some models.

ETA: As stated above, kudos to you for contacting them before posting.

Thanks for the positive responses...however I wish I could pay less than $75 a year for the effectiveness. Something on the order of Brownell's guarantee...that would be nice.

Well that sucks, hope the laser is working when you need it. They should at least repair it for you even if you have to pay.

sold all my crimson trace and went with lasermax. Like it ALOT ALOT more

I've repaired a few sets of CT grips. the plastic tabs that hold the batteries in sometimes break off. or it's a wiring problem. either is a very easy fix if you look at it close. i just used epoxy to fix the broken battery tabs. when the battery dies, just warm the epoxy up enough to bend it, and replace the battery. warm epoxy again and bend it back over. sometimes you'll have to dig old epoxy completely out and put in new.....either way, it's no big deal.