• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crimson Trace warning

10fp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2006
Coast Range
EDIT: Well CT took care of it finally, took a while but they did the right thing, will test drive the new grip this weekend.

Re: Crimson Trace warning

ARe u bashing them???????????
I dont think you are but i want to make sure ???

Scott

"Thats a trip i sent a crimson grip back to them twice for a fuzzy laser and it wasnt a dirty lense and they replaced it both times no questions asked and send me a prepaid shipping box and both times i even kept all the goodies they sent me and just sent them back the grips so now i have a shit pile of the little tools and stickers haha

what model gun is it for? my buddy bought a used set for 1911s that had the plastic battery door stripped out. he called customer service and they fixed it no questions asked. not sure if he had to pay postage or not, but he got some goodies for free too.

AXE, its for a p228. Not bashing just a heads up for anyone with older CT models, if something breaks CT wont honor the warranty on condition that "they don't have any more parts".

They should have given you a new set as part of their warrenty. I wouldn't have been too happy either.

i didnt think you were bashing, i was just curious. my bud wasnt even the original owner and they hooked him up. thats crappy to treat you that way. i agree they should have taken your unit back and given you a new one. its not your fault they dont make it anymore

Yeah the whole laser grip is screwed without that one small cheap plastic part. They own a huge corporate type building you figure they would stock the parts for this sort of thing being as big as they are. Honestly this is the first time i have run into such an issue with a company in our community; companies like USO, S+B, leupold, lasermax, etc all stand behind their stuff 100% never have an issue.

Will have a rifle shoot with some Portland PD guys this weekend, they use some of the Crimson AR15 stuff i will see what they have to say about CT products but i am done with them and i think they will be too. I got few Portland PD guys to switch to Schmidt + Bender scopes after i showed them the light on my rig, so the word travels fast in our community.

you know i had to call three different time to get free postage on my scope that was broke right out of the box. id try again to get the thing replaced. work your way up the chain of command. they still make a grip for the model you have right? they should send you that in exchange. there must be a reason they stopped making your model. i bet it was all the little plastic parts like yours that broke. stay on it, i bet you can get made right

Axe, yes they still make the same grip I could care less if I got a new or old one as long as it works. I was at Leupold this morning dropping some scopes off for M1 knobs and asked them how long they stock discontinued parts for; usually about a decade but if they don't have the right part they will give you a new model scope free of charge. As expected of course. Crimson Trace should take notice.

I would call and talk to someone else, quite possible whomever you spoke with may be wrong.As was said, go up a little higher in rank that's all.

+1, call them again and then e-mail them a link to this thread if you don't get the proper response!

Good luck to you.

I will keep you guys posted, as suggested i will contact someone higher up and see if they will step up to the plate. I have a 3 gun match coming up and wanted to to try a laser on a few pistol stages. Its really a matter of principle at this point.

Well CT took care of it finally, took a while but they did the right thing, will test drive the new grip this weekend.

thanks for the update. after all the stuff ive heard of them doing for people, i was shocked to hear how they treated you.