• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Criterion accuracy?

Just fine. My criterions shoot good. Check out Excalibur, Shilen, Mcgowen, pacnor, and I think PVA is doing some savage and remingtong prefits too. Also International barrel in canada. All offer good prefits.

I had a Savage/Criterion combo in 6.5 creed and it shot 1/2 MOA pretty regularly with Hornady 140 eldm.

I have one of their chromed lined 20" Hbar contours on my beater RRA with the .223 Wylde chamber and it will consistantly shoot 3/4-1.25MOA with wolf steel cased ammo. With better ammo and optic I'm sure it would do better. I haven't tried any of their 30 cal. yet, but plan on trying one out in the future

How are the criterion barrels for accuracy? Thanks

Criterion Light Varmint .308 10” twist. 5 shots at 100 yards. Measured .304”

zjliyE.jpg

Criterion Light Varmint 22-250 8” twist. 5 shots, 2.5” at 710 yards.

tjrM4g.jpg

Criterion Varmint 6.5x47 Lapua 8” twist. 4 shots at 830 yards. About 3.5”

GTNIe7.jpg

I have no plans of using anything but Criterion in the foreseeable future.

John

Compass Lake carries/offers Criterion as a option.. that tells me all I need to know about them being up to snuff. IMO they really stand out in the chrome lined arena, AFAIK the only other CL barrels that could claim the title of "match grade" were Denny's Operator barrels that were Rock Creek blanks which had been CL'd and they're no longer produced. Noveske CHF, DD, Colt SOCOM, Green Mountain, etc make a good showing of themselves but if I wanting the most accurate CL tube then it's gonna be a hand lapped Criterion without thinking twice. They also kinda have a stranglehold on the Vintage Service Rifle arena as well, CMP uses them exclusively and by all accounts not even the original Nat'l Match M1 NM/1903 NM/M14NM barrels hold a candle to Criterion's standard replacements.

Craddock Precision uses/sells criterions for about the same price as rock creeks. I would expect great performance from rock creek.

We offer a satisfaction guarantee on our barrels. If you don't like what you're seeing, we're more than happy to repair or replace the barrel in question.

I think I will take you up on your offer. In the next few weeks when Brownell's has a sale, I'll order on of your 223 Wilde Hybrid 20" chrome lined barrels.