• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Criterion Remage & Northland Shooters Supply

ScottPriestley

Civilian Contractor
Minuteman
  • I pulled the trigger (pun intended) and ordered 2 Trued Remington Receivers - a .223 and a .308 size bolt/receivers and a .223 Criterion Remage barrel/nut but need to decide what caliber for the .308-size bolt/receiver.

Purpose is for precision shooting in the 300-1200yd range. I wouldnt say I'm "competitive" but I'd like to enter a comp occasionally in the future. Im learning to handload but I'd love the opportunity to stop by a sporting goods store and pick up a box of ammo if I'm running low. Thinking about 6.5CM and building a gasser too.

Both will have TriggerTech triggers, APA brakes and Athlon Midas Tac glass.

James @ Northland Shooters Supply was fantastic to work with and I'm looking forward to getting these put together!!

Now just need to decide on stock/chassis.

I’m surprised he still has actions. Mine is being delivered next week. Waiting on the remage barrel to come in though.

Reactions: goneballistic
    The 6 or 6.5 Creedmoor with a varmint contour are worth considering. The 260 rem is another one. I hate following the herd but my 26” 6.5cm 1:8 twist Varmint Criterion shoots the Hornady 143 eld so good reloading wouldn’t be necessary if they were available.

Reactions: ScottPriestley
    How long does it take for NSS to call back? Its been over 7 days since I left a message

I’ve always had return calls or emails within a day. I’ve found an email follow up to the voicemail works best. We got everything hammered out in email then i called him once to make payment. The rest of my order will be here this week.

Yup, James is great to work with. I got a Savage target action, four TL3s, and a bunch of Shilen barrels from him.

I done a build on a trued and blue printed 700 short action last spring . I done 26 inch shaw remage heavy barrel in 6.5 creedmoor ., odin works muzzle brake and dropped it in a KRG-Bravo chassis . It was a fun build and I shot some prs matches with it . good luck with your build and have fun . I would be interested in seeing how your 223 build turns out .
    this is what I done .

74hvIVB.jpg

NSS is a great company to do business with. He answered all of my questions on my first barrel change without making me feel like a moron.

I done a build on a trued and blue printed 700 short action last spring . I done 26 inch shaw remage heavy barrel in 6.5 creedmoor ., odin works muzzle brake and dropped it in a KRG-Bravo chassis . It was a fun build and I shot some prs matches with it . good luck with your build and have fun . I would be interested in seeing how your 223 build turns out .
    this is what I done .

74hvIVB.jpg
    Trying to decide what to put it in. Contenders = KRG BRAVO, KRG XRAY, MDT XRS, MDT Oryx, Grayboe Renegade

I ordered a Criterion barrel and tools from NSS 12/16 and received it this morning - which is lightning speed in my experience. James was helpful, pleasant and answered all my questions. Great customer service. Assuming the barrel performs as expected, I will definitely do business with NSS again.