• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Criterion shouldered prefits

RFutch

Yoohoo. I'll make you famous.
Minuteman
  • Sep 28, 2010
    Georgia
    According to this post pricing should be in their site soon and barrels are available soon too. Just for Zermatt actions right now.

FCDABCC6-5EA3-4E18-B508-F53261680E36.png

I have a Criterion Hybrid AR barrel that is very accurate with a known AR load.

Interested to see pricing.

Proof is $500 or so and PVA is $600 - $650 if custom.

Bajeezuss!!

Thank goodness!!

Criterion remmage Cold bore this morning @ 727yds from truck hood..

Been wishing for a ( shouldered ) prefit from Criterion!!

Ain't nothing wrong with these barrels!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220920-160221~2.png
      Screenshot_20220920-160221~2.png
      1.4 MB · Views: 94
    Reactions: TEUFEL820
    I contacted NSS about a shouldered prefit. They told me that the Savage barrel nut barrels were lighter than the shouldered Prefits

I contacted NSS about a shouldered prefit. They told me that the Savage barrel nut barrels were lighter than the shouldered Prefits
    Yes that’s true if that’s what you’re going for.

Bajeezuss!!

Thank goodness!!

Criterion remmage Cold bore this morning @ 727yds from truck hood..

Been wishing for a ( shouldered ) prefit from Criterion!!

Ain't nothing wrong with these barrels!!!
    The can was laying 4' left and down from target?

Kidding, nice shot

I've had one of these on order with James for a few months, and it's about ready to ship in the next month if I remember correctly.

Picking up a 26" MTU in .308 for an Origin, going in a manners prs1 with double dead fill. Burris dmr3 up top. Should be 18lbs running a hellfire brake. Whole plan is to have a simple and enjoyable rifle to shoot that doesn't require any fussing once setup. Picked .308 for that reason as I have race guns. Traditional stock with a .308, woooooof!

I am curious to see the difference in chamber heat as well as balance. The typical/barrel nut pre fit loses a ton of mass at the chamber, this is a 7lb Mtu vs the 5lb 4oz pre fit mtu, and all that weight is at the chamber.

Yes that’s true if that’s what you’re going for.

I am thinking about getting a short, light, threaded barrel to go with my 24" 280AI barrrl. I haven't decided on a caliber yet.

I want something where I can get brass easily, bullets are available, and, if possible, don't have switch the bolt head out my Origin or even one of my Savages actions.

Last edited: