• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crooked ass MUTHAf$@&er

sniper307

Lieutenant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2005
louisiana
Took one of my newer Rem 700 out of the stock to finally start a bedding job. It is a j-lock 700 VS in 22-250 I bought about 5 years ago new and shot maybe 30 rounds through. Low and behold, big green got me again. Recoil lug is not square to the action. Instead of being straight on at 6 o'clock, its about at 5 o'clock. I had this once before on a VLS in .308 years ago. It just pisses me off that some asshat cant do his or her job and use the alignment tool to set these straight. No wonder it only shot about 3/4 moa., rocking on the point of the recoil lug. Oh well, guess I gotta call customer service tomorrow and spend the money to send it to them to fix their mistake. arrrghh!!!

Re: Crooked ass MUTHAf$@&er

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper307</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Took one of my newer Rem 700 out of the stock to finally start a bedding job. It is a j-lock 700 VS in 22-250 I bought about 5 years ago new and shot maybe 30 rounds through. Low and behold, big green got me again. Recoil lug is not square to the action. Instead of being straight on at 6 o'clock, its about at 5 o'clock. I had this once before on a VLS in .308 years ago. It just pisses me off that some asshat cant do his or her job and use the alignment tool to set these straight. No wonder it only shot about 3/4 moa., rocking on the point of the recoil lug. Oh well, guess I gotta call customer service tomorrow and spend the money to send it to them to fix their mistake. arrrghh!!! </div></div>

damn those remington guys and their hack work only producing a 3/4 moa factory rifle. i hope they fix that lug and it turns into the 1/4 moa rifle they promise.

grin.gif

Yeah I know 3/4 is not that bad for a factory rifle, its just the principal of the matter. Like when you buy a new vehicle and find a fender, hood or door misaligned after you take delivery of it. Just kind of pisses you off. LOL.

I'd like to whack the assembly line person with the hammer. All of my old 700 BDL Varmits Specials are great. Guess they were built when people actually gave a F@&K. Rant OFF.

M. Gordon,

Now THAT is STAND UP and AWESOME!! Way to be there for a Hide member.

+100 Respect from me.

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Send your .22-250 to me and I will fix your recoil lug, check headspace and send it back no charge. Let me know if your interested.</div></div>

Now that's a hell of an offer! To the OP, I'd send it to Mark, I'm willing to bet you'll get it back faster from him, and you know it will be done right.

Good on ya Mark.

-matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Matt(s)

I cant let Mike at Tac Ops and William Roscoe do all the charitable work on here..haha

Mark </div></div>

If your looking for charity work, I have a .223 Rem700 that shoots like a shotgun...
laugh.gif

Man Mark, That is freaking stand up stuff right there. I will gladly take you up on this. Hopefully have some more business for you to in the near future. I'll send you a PM

Ryan

Mark is a hell of a nice guy! Ive been to his shop, and own a rifle built by him. He does great work.

mark is a good guy.i don't even know him and i read good stuff all the time.I'll have to try Mark(Shortactioncustoms)on some work.Gotta love the CS.Goodshootin'

~Reagan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Matt(s)

I cant let Mike at Tac Ops and William Roscoe do all the charitable work on here..haha

Mark </div></div>

If your looking for charity work, I have a .223 Rem700 that shoots like a shotgun...
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I have a rem700 223 that must be your's twin. I tried every bullet and load variation under the sun to get it to shoot,everything from 40's to 77's and I am not kidding most of them shot in the realm of 4-6inches at 100. Well one day I was diggin round and found a few boxes of 60gr vmax hornady tap in my 223 ammo stash and I honestly think that is the only 223 round(60gr vmax) in the previously mentioned group that I hadnt tried. So I figured what the heck and low and behold the first 5 where in the .5" range. So if you havent tried them you may want to give them a shot. I know they not exactly a bullet you think of when you are talking favorable bc's but hey if thats all the gun will shoot........... Coincidentally I have had a couple of AR's that also greatly favor this projectile.

Scott

Scott,

I exaggerate. Mine doesn't shoot that bad, it's about a 1-1.5 moa gun.

I'll try that in mine, so far all I've tried is cheap ammo, and nothing's performed great yet.

This is my little 100y trainer/ loaner gun so I'm trying not to spend a fortune on it. If I could find some ammo that would bring it to around .5 moa that would be great, but I'm not expecting miracles. Lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sniper307,

Send your .22-250 to me and I will fix your recoil lug, check headspace and send it back no charge. Let me know if your interested.

Mark </div></div>

It is so nice to see this kind of thing in our community. Good on you sir!!

Scott

They got me to. I purchased one of the early sps tacticals and the lug was also at the 5 position. It would not fit right in the 700 pss take off stock. So i got the pst25(it had a bigger lug recess). The funny thing was that it was a .5-.75 shooter. .75 usually, is this to be expected of the sps model rifles?

To me it does not follow that the recoil lug being off center a bit makes any one a crooked xxxxxx, I would regard it as a mistake. Imagine that, after only a few million rifles sold at low cost, you find one with the lug off. If you want perfection, try one of the great custom makers out there, if they will work for you. I would not.
JMO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sniper307,

Send your .22-250 to me and I will fix your recoil lug, check headspace and send it back no charge. Let me know if your interested.

Mark </div></div>

I don't know Mark but that is a First Class Gesture right there

I think Mark just send the bill to Remington and says

"Pay up suckers, or I'll testify about those faulty triggers"

wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">307,
To me it does not follow that the recoil lug being off center a bit makes any one a crooked xxxxxx, I would regard it as a mistake. Imagine that, after only a few million rifles sold at low cost, you find one with the lug off. If you want perfection, try one of the great custom makers out there, if they will work for you. I would not.
JMO </div></div>

sir, I respect your comment for what it is, had this been an isolated incident, then i would be ok with it. a fluke. as it stands, this is the second rifle i personally own and about the fourth rifle total i have seen with this very same syndrome. as for as customs, i have them too, 2 KMW's built by Terry Cross, and I am about to pull the trigger on an AIAE or AI AW. the other 19 ( yes nineteen ) REM 700's I own are all heavy barrels centerfires and all of them have straight recoil lugs. so, yes.....the one in question is a crooked MUTHAF$@&er. It leaves tomorrow to go to Mark at short action customs..

Don't feel bad about that lug. On the last 700 I bought, I thought that the mount holes were drilled off center. Although I couldn't see it, I had to apply 20 minutes of windage correction to get my scope on target. When I decided to upgrade my barrel, I asked my smith about fixing the off center mount holes. He said he'd look at it.

When I got the rifle back, he told me that there was nothing wrong with the mount holes, the barrel was on crooked. With the new barrel, all was well.

That is a nice gesture. William keeps charging me.......maybe I need to send him some messed up crap to work with...
wink.gif