• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Crooked Class 3 Dealers -- Suggestions?

Millron

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2014
West Virginia
Looking for some suggestions, Here is the backstory.

Purchased a suppressor from my local dealer at the beggining of the fall. I've used this dealer multiple times, with never a hiccup. They were part of Silenershops network, had the electronic fingerprint machine, etc. I was pretty busy around that time and traveling a good bit so it took about a month to get together to start on the Form 4. Well they advised they were having some issues with the ATF and submittals ,which seemed totally plausible, so I let it slide for a bit, wasn't in a hurry. Another month or so went by and still no form 4, so I started asking questions and they pretty much went quiet. I finally got in contact with them and the one employee advised the company owners were having a legal dispute, but it would be sorted out in short order. I sensed it wasn't good, so I started asking for a refund, Refund never came. I tried to get the item transferred to another dealer, but that didn't work either. He (the employee) started telling me some more info about what was going on, and it didn't pass the smell test. I think the employee is honest, but being fed a line of horseshit by the one owner, with whom he is friends with. Did some digging and looks like one of the LLC members took the other one to court over "misappropriation" of company assets. There is a fairly sizeable amount of money at stake, so something definitely happened.

At this point I have spoken with both sides. One is not local, and that appears to be the one that is going to come out on top. He "says" they will honor all refunds to customers who purchased NFA items and never received them. We will see, I'm not holding my breath. I honestly can't say which member is a crook, but at least one of them is. I'm assuming my money is probably gone, but whatever at this point. It wasn't a super expensive can.

Thru a little bit of digging sounds like both parties are trying to set up other FFLs

Anyone have any luck getting in touch with the ATF and filing some type of complaint? I'd hate to see these guys independently start new companies, and defraud more customers. The one is out of my state, and the other is soon to be (i've heard he is moving to texas), so options are pretty limited locally. I am going to give the one guy a chance to rectify the situation, as I just recently got in contact with him and he deserves a chance to make it right. Its wholly possibly he is the one that got screwed in the deal by the other partner.

Any Suggestions??

Hold your hands up and look at them..

Now sit on them..

You've already accepted that you may have lost your money. They are saying that they will give it back to you. If you get your refund, then you can't really be mad at anyone. Sometimes mommy and daddy don't get along and they have to live in separate houses. It sucks that you seem to have gotten caught in a business partner fight, but it happens. I don't understand why you feel the need to call the ATF. What has anyone done that is illegal, other than what one has accused the other of?

If the one accused of misappropriation is the one moving to TX I need to know so I can avoid them.

If the one accused of misappropriation is the one moving to TX I need to know so I can avoid them.
How often do you buy from brand new ffls? Texas is a huge state. He’ll be easy to avoid without a name…

Hold your hands up and look at them..

Now sit on them..

You've already accepted that you may have lost your money. They are saying that they will give it back to you. If you get your refund, then you can't really be mad at anyone. Sometimes mommy and daddy don't get along and they have to live in separate houses. It sucks that you seem to have gotten caught in a business partner fight, but it happens. I don't understand why you feel the need to call the ATF. What has anyone done that is illegal, other than what one has accused the other of?
Only illegal in the sense they are collecting money for items, that I've found out at the time they could not deliver, and knew it at the time. If they don't issue refunds then they are keepign that money. that money is probably lost, I get it. I don't figure in seeing it again, whatever.

They start new FFL, process repeats itself again to other folks. Just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with ATF on a similiar issue? Just would hate to see them start up other FFLs with the same business practices.

Only illegal in the sense they are collecting money for items, that I've found out at the time they could not deliver, and knew it at the time. If they don't issue refunds then they are keepign that money. that money is probably lost, I get it. I don't figure in seeing it again, whatever.

They start new FFL, process repeats itself again to other folks. Just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with ATF on a similiar issue? Just would hate to see them start up other FFLs with the same business practices.
I understand that you're trying to keep anyone else from getting screwed, but I'd rather eat a bucket of nails than call them. I'd try to get my money back, out them by name and business names here, and roll on. It's possible that they will give you a refund and go on doing business legally forever.

Reactions: Millron
I wouldn't be handling this like you are. I wouldn't want a refund, I'd want the suppressor I paid for.

I wouldn't be handling this like you are. I wouldn't want a refund, I'd want the suppressor I paid for.

If the Form 4 hadn't been filed, you're only out the money, you're not out the wait time.
If you have the scratch, go to a different FFL and start the process on a new can.

Already went thru another FFL to purchase another can, so I have no use for this particular one, but would certainly take possession of it if that was possible. Of course I don't think they even have a license to do a transfer anyways, so thats a moot point. If they don't come thru with a refund, and they open up shop in another state, I will out them on here. No issues doing that.