• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Cross eye dominance and LPVOs

BeckOlu

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2018
Olympia, WA
Recently got a vortex 1-6 gen 2-e. I’ve always been aware of my cross eye dominance, however it’s never affected my handgun/red dot (shooting two eyes open) or my scoped rifle shooting (left eye closed). Put the optic on a 14.5 build I got in a trade. I immediately noticed at 1x I experienced doubled vision at the target with both eyes open using my standard right hand shooting. Swap to the non dominant side, and my left eye focuses fine with a clear scope image at 1x. Tidbit, this never happened on the 1-8 atacr I’ve used in the past. Played with the diopter trying to mitigate the problem, but to no avail. Is this a glass quality problem? Or an eye problem? Training to shoot left handed with this specific setup seems futile with the amount I can train. Drop the lpvo and go red dot with magnifier? Any suggestions/training recommendations would be appreciated. Cheers

Im really sorry i have nothing to add to the thread but when i saw the title all i could think about was this
received_234271884229645.jpeg

If you had no issues with an ATACR but do with this scope it might be the scope. Maybe your eyes need to have an essentially perfect non-distorted image at 1x to not have this issue?

I would recommend trying to shoot a few other LPVO samples if you can. Unfortunately it might be that LPVOs can only work for you if you spend the $ for top tier glass.

Personally I am cross dominant and have no problem using LPVOs.

Reactions: BeckOlu
If you had no issues with an ATACR but do with this scope it might be the scope. Maybe your eyes need to have an essentially perfect non-distorted image at 1x to not have this issue?

I would recommend trying to shoot a few other LPVO samples if you can. Unfortunately it might be that LPVOs can only work for you if you spend the $ for top tier glass.

Personally I am cross dominant and have no problem using LPVOs.
This was what I was worried about. For the amount of LPVO usage I’ll get, I was hoping the 1-6 would be fine haha

Recently got a vortex 1-6 gen 2-e. I’ve always been aware of my cross eye dominance, however it’s never affected my handgun/red dot (shooting two eyes open) or my scoped rifle shooting (left eye closed). Put the optic on a 14.5 build I got in a trade. I immediately noticed at 1x I experienced doubled vision at the target with both eyes open using my standard right hand shooting. Swap to the non dominant side, and my left eye focuses fine with a clear scope image at 1x. Tidbit, this never happened on the 1-8 atacr I’ve used in the past. Played with the diopter trying to mitigate the problem, but to no avail. Is this a glass quality problem? Or an eye problem? Training to shoot left handed with this specific setup seems futile with the amount I can train. Drop the lpvo and go red dot with magnifier? Any suggestions/training recommendations would be appreciated. Cheers
I have noticed something similar when the scope adjustment is too far out of the optical center. Try adjusting the elevation up/down & left/right and see if it get's better. So you'll know if it is you or the scope.

I have noticed something similar when the scope adjustment is too far out of the optical center. Try adjusting the elevation up/down & left/right and see if it get's better. So you'll know if it is you or the scope.
That’s interesting. When I get the optic back from vortex I’ll try that out. I sent it in just to double check the glass/tube in the spirit of OCD.