• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cross-Reference Burn Rate Chart?

Wannashootit

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 3, 2010
    FL
    Is there a "legit" burn rate chart that provides data across all manufacturers?
    All I've ever seen are those specific to the manufacturer, which doesn't help when you're looking to compare across brands.

If not, if there's a ball powder substitute (the supply issues are worse with extruded) for 8208 XBR with approx the same burn rate I'd appreciate the info.
    Gotta get some ammo made up for my son's fave rifles before he gets home on leave for the holiday- one's a 6.5G and all I've ever used is 8208 under 123's.

E765EDA1-0797-4214-A7D6-A7EC3D48109E.png

CFE223 is also a good powder for 123gun pill in a Grendel. I have also heard the same about LeveRevolution (sp?) but haven’t tried it myself.

Not a ball powder, but I’ve had very consistent accuracy and low SD’s using AR Comp with virtually any 120-123gr in a half dozen Grendels from 18-24” that are all actively in use. 27.2-27.4gr will net 2475-2525, depending on barrel length and brass. Also runs slightly cooler than 8208 and is relatively temp insensitive. Worth a try if you can source it.

^^^^
    Thanks- I found I do have one lb of AR Comp- so that'll work for the holiday.
    I'll do a quick load-workup range trip with your suggested load in the sweet spot this week.

'Lil fuckers grow up quick. Not long ago, I was throwing shots so he'd shoot better than me. Now, he's flying jets and outshooting me...
    Happy holidays, all :)

Reactions: bobke