• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Crown Royal bags... Practical uses:

Mackay Sagebrush

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2011
Over the years I have accumulated a pile of Crown Royal bags.

A number of years back I started using them as covers for sandbags, since other dudes were less likely to "accidentally" walk off with my bags.

Through the course of time, I have ended up using them for various other things.

In use under a Tikka T3 rebarrel to 6mm Rem:

008-4.jpg

It ends up an XL Cabelas packable rain jacket fits nicely in one too:

011-1.jpg

Re: Crown Royal bags... Practical uses:

In a few of my packs I keep kits like this one. A mini alcohol stove, small bottle of fuel/alcohol instant coffee, tea, spork and various items. These travel with me both on the job and in personal vehicles.

Nothing fancy. Just enough to give a me a quick jolt of caffiene or a small meal if needed.

They make pretty decent camera bags too for small instant cameras. Just enough protection for the camera to throw it in a ruck pocket.

Aside from the usual "dead hooker storage and sex toys" stuff, does anyone use these bags for anything?

013-2.jpg

Overseas I kept my traveling basics in one. Everything but the knife, which went in luggage, was ok for carry on. The small fishing kit was basic stuff like immodium, ibuprofin, bandaids, rolaids and spare small springs, gas rings and detent pins for M4s.

005-4.jpg

Whoops, noticed the Leatherman in the pic. Obviously the leatherman went in luggage as well.

I've got a buddy that has a purple velvet queen size bed spread complete with matching pillow cases. I will see if I can get him to take pics.
We/I use the bottles to put our super ultra awesome clover honey in and then i make a custom label for them.

I use them to store my hand guns while in the safe, each one has its own CR bag. I also use one filled with rice as a rear rest.

interesting, Ive always used them as ball warmers in the winter

Neighbors start to gossip when our children start to play, Crown Royal bags are mittens on a cold winters day.... Rev.Horton Heat

Made one into a chalk bag cover back in my rock climbing days, it was generally a hit with other climbers.

I take'm to the range and throw my spend brass into them.

I cut a hole in the bottom, I slide them up to cover my fishing reels, without having to take them off the pole.

They have dope inside them most of the time I run across one. The owner usually doesn't know how it got there either. Most of the time it gets blamed on the dope fairy.

The first gun I took off a perp was in a Crown bag. Once all was well I had a good laugh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toygunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have dope inside them most of the time I run across one. The owner usually doesn't know how it got there either. Most of the time it gets blamed on the dope fairy. </div></div>

No kidding.

Crown Royal bags and Altoids tins.

Old Berger boxes and Midway bulk bullet boxes I use for small parts holders, Altoid tins are similar uses.

I also pack firestarter stuff into the bullet boxes and then seal them up with a small bead of silicone. They float, the 30c and 7mm boxes will hold a small pocket knife,wire saw, and everything for starting a fire, and they'll float if you don't jam them with too much metal stuff.

I have used crown royal bags for impromptu bags for a camera in a ruck sack. My girlfriend uses a rear bag that's made out of a CR bag. One step at a time...

My stepdad had my grandmother make him a quilt out them.I use one for a change holder.Put the the stings around your gear shift,and all the change you put in it is at your finger tips.

Slingshot and a few dozen ball bearings.

I keep my hair clippers and guards in one. But please note Im a sour mash guy!!!

That's awesome. I will have to have a Crown rear bag!!

I still search every one I come across.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">interesting, Ive always used them as ball warmers in the winter</div></div>

you ain't dick till you got a quilt cover made with 'em......

Blended whiskey = mixing good stuff with not-so-good stuff to make ok stuff.

lol@ crown royal pimp suit. Thats pretty creative. As is the rear bag. Looks good, not very "tacticool" but I would use it.

I just picked up a lot of 50 bags of fleabay, I use them for collecting my brass in on range trips.

What did that run you?

Rear bag as well. Ultra light stove, fuel, stainless steal cup, coffee singles. Batteries. Probably other things I forgot about.

In LE down here, we call them PC bags - for Probable Cause to search anytime you see one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldTex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In LE down here, we call them PC bags - for Probable Cause to search anytime you see one.</div></div>

Hrmm. In my neck of the woods, they're standard ghetto-issue range bags for handguns. I've seen more than a few individuals walk in to shoot looking sheepish about the CR bagged Jennings, but by this point it's just normal practice. "Don't worry, just let me see the bag please sir."

I use one for choke tube storage. Highly uncreative compared to the quilt/poncho.

I use them all the time to. As of about two weeks ago grey ghost started selling mesh bags in packs of 3 similar in function for a great price, I bought like 12 of them. Between those, stuff sacks, bishop bags and most importantly the watertight heavy duty plastic bags I am covered for almost everything.

Just think of the possibilities if you combine RC bags with duct tape.

I use em for holding .22lr ammo, change. Quarters/tokens for the car wash; I keep it in my center console.

I painted one brown and filled it with various diameter dowels cut to 7" lengths to make my own rattle bag.

Also great for keeping all sorts of various small for in the field: fire-starters, compass, light/batteries, face-paint, compass, ipod, mini pharmacy, weapon maintenance kit, game-calls/scents, etc. the list is honestly endless.

Not to mention they are great for there intended purpose... storaing your flask of whiskey.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GrantB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just think of the possibilities if you combine RC bags with duct tape. </div></div>
No shit!