• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Crows and varmint calling - please advise

jcalaustx

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Austin, TX
Set up yesterday morning at great spot along-side a creek. Lit up adult rabbit distress at first light and readied myself for action.

Crows responded immediately. Three or four circled above mojo/call and one swooped down and almost took mojo top with it. After that about ten flew around and made a ton of noise then they flew along the creek and it looked like they were chasing something away. They were swooping down real fast toward the ground one behind the other and calling non-stop (more like screaming at the top of their lungs). I couldn't see what they were swooping down at but it was something on the ground. They did this in three different areas before they finally shut up and landed in a tall tree about 200 yards away. I shot one in hopes of preventing them from responding in the future.

Is it possible they were running responding coyotes/varmints off? Will crows prevent coyotes/bobcats/whatever from responding to a call? I thought crows were a good sign for calling but after yesterday, seems like they screwed me.