• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crusader VS non typical

bitter24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2010
Sierra Vista AZ
Hey guys!

So thinking I need a new varmint rifle

Been looking around and like GAP for clear reasons. As of right now i hunt yotes with me DPMS SASS. Great rifle just a lot of weight to carry in and out every time i set up.

I love the crusader with the more tactical look to it compared to the non typical. since that is more of a sportier version. Which im sure will solve my weight issue I have with my black gun. Cause if i go with the crusader im not gaining much in the weight aspect.

Looking for your guys 2 cents is one better then other for any reason. i want a accurate rifle so I can shoot some long range. For yotes and for summer at the range. Let me hear it guys...and for the guys that think GAP isnt my best option give me something else to ponder and why you feel the way you do!

Thanks Bitter

Re: Crusader VS non typical

Bitter, a non typical with a #4 Sporter may be the best answer as the #3 might be a tad light for LR varmiting. it would still be in the 8.0-8.5 pound range. The stock fits up to a #4 Bartlein

Crusader is very accurate but heavy if you are packing for long distances.

Does anyone know the difference in accuracy between the non typical and the crusader? Not taking into affect the person driving the weapon

You might want to call George (A10xRifle) and ask or drop him a PM. From his earlier post on your thread, he was indicating that a #4 barrel might be better for LR hunting but there are several guys on the Hide running GAP non-typicals and are postings some good groups.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might want to call George (A10xRifle) and ask or drop him a PM. From his earlier post on your thread, he was indicating that a #4 barrel might be better for LR hunting but there are several guys on the Hide running GAP non-typicals and are postings some good groups. </div></div>

Thanks Much!

I too am interested in the same setup and would appreciate leeching onto the info provided. The non-typical in a #4 sounds right down my alley.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iFENCEuin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I too am interested in the same setup and would appreciate leeching onto the info provided. The non-typical in a #4 sounds right down my alley. </div></div>

Theres a post from earlier today with the topic being something like " 2 GAP rifles think ill keep"

Check that one out as well. HAHA mayb I need to save more money and just try and get both lol

I have a similar rifle to the non-typ hunter fitted with a 26" #5 Bull Sporter. Complete with Lupy LPS 2.5-10 it weighs 10 lbs.

Perhaps the perfect compromise for you would be a standard fill McM A5 stock non-adj and a 22" #5 contour.

Is the barrel the biggest place where weight is saved?
What are the weights of McMillian stocks, its not on their site.

I wish there was an interactive rifle build program so you could see the weights with different options.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: msp21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the barrel the biggest place where weight is saved?
What are the weights of McMillian stocks, its not on their site.

I wish there was an interactive rifle build program so you could see the weights with different options. </div></div>

You can order a McM in just about any weight you want within reason by varying the fill. It is one of the perks of ordering a custom part.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crusader is very accurate but heavy if you are packing for long distances. </div></div>

mine isn't bad. love it for coyotes. pack it at 4650 asl all day long and hit the Mtn. at 8000- 9800 asl. no troubles !

coyote2011_009.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know the difference in accuracy between the non typical and the crusader? Not taking into affect the person driving the weapon </div></div>

go read this.. I own both of them !

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...501#Post2275501