• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crye G3 fit vs OCPs?

FatBoy

After 20 years, going anonymous..
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2001
TN
Kicking around the idea is using a pair of Crye G3’s with the knee inserts for a match I have coming up in September. I really like the way the OCPs fit and move with me, they hike well and the overall construction is decent but they could use some work in the lower pocket stitching dept, etc. I don’t need or want to run cammo.

I’m curious, for any who have run both, How does the leg and seat fit compare ? I am a fairly big guy and I can’t wear anything 5.11 offers as it all looks like skinny jeans. Looking for Crye quality and OCP fit. Ranger green and Khaki preferred.

Other options?

Gonna loop is @TheGerman as if anyone has upgraded from the trousers the poors wear, it’s probably him 😏

UF Pro.
Best designed work threads I have run across. Been lasting longer than the Crye also.

Excellent exchange and refund policy. In my opinion they are worth at least considering.

./

Reactions: FatBoy
Can't speak to Crye - just looking at the price tag makes my eyes cloud up. I'd rather upgrade my bipod or something than put that investment in pants. Further proof I picked the wrong hobby.

I've run both Propper and ACUs. Propper gives me about the same fit/feel (I'm also big) and available in various colors. Only downside is my Proppers aren't ripstop. I figure competition isn't a fashion show and if I have to replace them I can pick up ACUs at the local gun show for $25 - half the cost of new Proppers. Maybe I'll upgrade to OCP when this ACU pair is retired . . . gotta keep up with fashion right?

Reactions: FatBoy