• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Crye Precision: anyone home??

daybreak1199

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Does anyone have any reviews or scoop on Crye Precision http://www.cryeprecision.com/home.aspx . I recently made a small order of field clothing from them and it is taking unusually long to get the order fulfilled as well, I call with no answer and their email ([email protected]) are being returned to me as not being valid. Just curious if anyone else may know something about this company or other methods of contacting them besides the info they have posted on their web site.

V/R
Jason

Re: Crye Precision: anyone home??

The reason your email is being returned is that their mailbox is full. I have never used them .... Good luck to you

For a review, Google "Crye Precision Clothing". Look at the third entry down:
http://www.militarymorons.com/gear/crye1.html

They make good stuff, but it's unrealistically expensive.

I have never had a problem contacting them by calling them at the number on their website during business hours. They were always very helpful to me, even with exchanges/returns.

Thanks for the info guys. its been almost a month now, maybe they just got swamped with orders or something. I was a bit worried when my emails started coming back as un-deliverable.

V/R
Jason

Huh that is weird, I have always had good experiences with them and their customer service. I know that they are swamped right now with back orders and ramping up to release the new products. A buddy of mine ordered one of the blast belts about a month ago and just got it in this week. It seems that alot of the Gucci gear companies are swamped right now

Hmm, wonder if it has to do with 2012 -end of the world stuff, everyone wants to go out with a bang wearing the best stuff available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daybreak1199</div><div class="ubbcode-body">-end of the world stuff, everyone wants to go out with a bang wearing the best stuff available. </div></div>LOL! But only if the world ends on a weekend.
laugh.gif

They are super busy... there is a war going, on and they make the uniforms for USASOC. Their uniforms are the shit.

That and now the pants for the US ARMY in Afghanistan. That may be a big load to carry, though Massif and Propper are helping out with the manufacturing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LARMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are super busy... there is a war going, on and they make the uniforms for USASOC. Their uniforms are the shit. </div></div>
No shit...? when did that happen?

anyway, I completely understand busy, I'm sure you can tell from my first post that i'm not bashing, I am just trying to find a way to get in touch with this company that has already taken my money yet failed to deliver on what I paid for. The reason I posted is 2 fold: (1) I thought someone might have a better way to get ahold of this company. I have sent numerous emails and all have been coming back rertun to sender. I call their published customer service phone number (718.246.3838) and get a recording that the party is not accepting calls at this time. (2) I understand about current conflicts and the long waits that go hand in hand when trying to purchase from companies who are supporting the war effort. I would just like to get a little heads up as to when or if they plan on fulfilling the order I placed or could they just give me back my money so I can move on to a company that isn't so swamped with work that they can't pick up a phone or get a good working email address.

V/R
Jason

So I’ve been doing a bit more research on Crye. It looks like they just can’t keep up with orders; some of this could be due to other Government commitments some others have pointed to in house personnel issues. I have been attempting to get in touch with Crye for over a month with no response back from them. At this point I just want the money refunded so I can move on. I found many responses on the web of other people experiencing the exact same problems I am having. <span style="color: #FF0000">I would use extreme caution if you plan on ordering from this company</span>. You will be charged for the product but you may or may not get what you paid for or even receive any product at all from them. Here are some excerpts from my research on their fulfillment problems.

“I ordered a Jumpable Plate Carrier for my body armor online in June from their website. I understand these might be a popular item and it may have been back ordered. It was not shipped to me in Afghanistan until August. When the package arrived it was not a complete order. The side plate pouches wern't in the box. After contacting Crye about the missing items I assume they shipped the pouches to the same address. It is now almost October and they want to start a claims process that will last over 70 days from the USPS. Also they told me they don't track USPS orders to an APO address I ordered the body armor carrier because I needed it for combat missions. Having the side plate pouches is a requirement for me to actually use this body armor carrier. By the time the claims process if over I will probably be back in the States trying to play catch up with my money. This is very typical of Crye Precision and how they handle their customers, take a look around the web at other postings. I have two other guys on my team who have had to deal with them in this way for their other products. One of them was for about $500 on 2 their combat uniforms. I would not suggest ordering anything from this company if you are overseas. Crye does not appear to be interested in helping individual soldiers who spend their own money on equipment. Crye does have some nice equipment, but after taking a closer look at what I spent almost $400 on it is not that special. Being an old parachute rigger I know I could sew one of these carriers up in about 3-4 hours from scratch with just a couple machines. All the material is easily available and can be ordered online directly from the mill. They are forcing me to cut up other equipment and take it to the sew shop on base in order to use the body armor carrier I paid for. Proceed with caution when ordering from Crye. I would suggest looking at London Bridge, Eagle Tactical or Patagonia to meet your equipment requirements.” http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/crye-precision-llc-c502883.html

“We regret to inform you that we will no longer be processing any new Crye Precision orders. As the very first Crye Precision Dealer we have been dealing with their products since 2007, so this was not an easy decision for Grey Group to come to. We are doing our best to fulfill all back orders in as timely a manner as possible, but that is in the hands of the manufacturer. We are hoping that we will be able to help our customers with orders of Crye Precision products in the future, if the situation changes.

If you have any questions about your current order, please don’t hesitate to ask. If you are in need of recommended substitutions for Crye Precision products, contact us and we will be happy to work with you. For further assistance please contact Grey Group Customer Service at 910-323-4739.” http://community.greygrouptraining.com/2011/07/12/crye-precision.aspx

“This company makes high quality, American made clothing and equipment for (mostly) military use. I have ordered from them in the past with little to no delay. The problem lies with the customer service or lack of as of lately. I made an order over a month ago for a piece of equipment which I am in need of. This is professional gear for my job. I still have not received the order. Phone calls, unanswered - emails, rejected (mailbox full). I hate to see a company which had such promise go down in this fashion but apparently is has. Find another place to buy your gear!” http://www.yelp.com/biz/crye-precision-llc-brooklyn