• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Crye precision cap

I have a Wilcox L4 G11 mount is that gonna be to heavy for the cap? I also need a shroud....which one are we using for the caps?

I just ordered a nightcap with a Wilcox 3 hole shroud with lanyard and the L4 G11 from TNVC. Should have it at the end of the week. I'll let you know.

The rep I spoke with recommended either the Wilcox or VAS shroud. While I'll be the primary user when I travel, I went with the Wilcox with lanyard because my son will occasionally be using it, and I want my PVS's to stay on board...weight wasn't that big of a factor.

Btw, the NightCaps are in stock with some impressive quantity's on hand...It's taken awhile with back order this or that, but we finally got BIG quantities on the shelves!

Vic

I LOVE this damn cap! Haven't used the helmet since I got it. Like wearing a ball cap with NODs and a chin strap instead of a bill. The Wilcox plastic/aluminum (L4?) shroud works great on it and it's light. The VAS would be okay, but they make a lighter one that I think would be better. But you can get the Wilcox for $50 or so, it's plastic and aluminum and it's light, the lightweight VAS is $100. I use it with the INVG, a big clunky heavy looking mount, but it's not as heavy as it looks and it works quite nice with the soft cover. So any mount that's stable and has lots of adjustability will work fine IMO.

I think the soft cover is one of the best things to come out for the PVS14 in a loooong time. I WISH we had these 12 years ago!!! Skullcrushers don't come close to this thing, so they aren't worth comparing to.

Not sure cause I got the vas shroud with it and it was $60 as well...is there a different one then listed on tnvc?

Last edited:
Yeah, TNVC sells two VAS shrouds, one is a skeletonized lightweight version for $100+, the other is the regular one you have. I have that one on my helmet, it works great but I had to file it a bit for the INVG to fit (which fits solid and locks now). Great part.

They also sell the Wilcox L4 and it's the one advertised with the cap in the pictures. It's about the same price, $50-60, but it's made of polymer and aluminum so it's effectively lightweight for low price. I went with this one for my cap for those reasons, and because they were out of the VAS at that time and I didn't want to spend the extra on the lightweight version.

Either or would work fine, I just like the VAS on the helmet since it's one piece and the L4 on the cap due to size and weight (which is minor, truth be told). A counterweight, a velcro pack with batteries or some such, is nice to have on the cap. Counterweight not needed, but it makes it even more comfortable when you have one.

The cap will also accept a four screw setup? Anyone know about this, what it's for? Something I know very little about --is there a smaller shroud that uses 4 screws coming out? Or is this for something else? It looks like a 4 hole rectangle pattern IIRC.

The 4 hole pattern shrouds are for aviation helmet NVG shrouds for ANVIS goggles. Aviation helmets all use a 4 hole shroud. The night cap was designed for SOF who use a lot of these shrouds for their ANVIS goggles because that is how they are issued.

Cool, thanks, I was wondering if that was what it was for. I know it has the channel for a rear battery cable/pack but wasn't sure about how they mounted to it. Thanks for clearing that up.

What's the hold up on the shrouds Wilcox L4...2 weeks out from TNVC? Cap will be here 2morrow. O'well couple more weeks, skeeters are gettin bad now so I'm in no big hurry being outside at night

What's the hold up on the shrouds Wilcox L4...2 weeks out from TNVC? Cap will be here 2morrow. O'well couple more weeks, skeeters are gettin bad now so I'm in no big hurry being outside at night

I think the L4 shroud is quite popular... And they run out of stock time to time but get squared away quick. Worth the wait if only a couple weeks. TNVC is really good about getting stuff out to you ASAP, they're all I deal with. The whole gang there is top notch.

I think the L4 shroud is quite popular... And they run out of stock time to time but get squared away quick. Worth the wait if only a couple weeks. TNVC is really good about getting stuff out to you ASAP, they're all I deal with. The whole gang there is top notch.
yes they are top notch. They keep getting my money! The customer service and advise I get is always worth a lil wait. I'm not bitchin by any means, they must sell a lot of those devises.

My night cap and vas shroud came two days ago. Seems like great kit so far. Can't say I'm sorry with the vas over a willy since it's in hand. Ha