• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cure me of some ignorance on DPMS .308 ARs

Double-edged

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2002
Does a standard AR15 Geiselle trigger work in a DPMS .308 lower?

Does a Bravo Company grip fit the DPMS .308 lower?

Does a Magpul UBR stock work with the DPMS .308 lower? It seems that I've read that it does but needs a different buffer.

Does the .308 use the same recoil spring as the .260 version?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Cure me of some ignorance on DPMS .308 ARs

.260 and .308 will use the same recoil spring.

I am not sure about the DPMS lowers but I know my Mega lower which uses the same general pattern as a dpms uses ar-15 components.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Double-edged</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does a standard AR15 Geiselle trigger work in a DPMS .308 lower?
<span style="color: #3366FF">Yes. I would recommend the SSA or SSA-E</span>

Does a Bravo Company grip fit the DPMS .308 lower?
<span style="color: #3333FF">It will attach fine, but depending on which grip you go with you may have an issue with the Safety detent spring. Magpul had to make a spacer for their MIAD grips because the top strap did not completely compress this spring in place properly. Mine seemed to work fine without the spacer ( I ordered the spacer anyway because the gap bothered me). Just be aware of it. </span>

Does a Magpul UBR stock work with the DPMS .308 lower? It seems that I've read that it does but needs a different buffer.
<span style="color: #3333FF">You will need a .308 carbine spring and buffer I believe.
</span>
<span style="color: #3333FF">Sorry, dont know. </span>

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. </div></div>

I recommend the slash heavy buffer(5.6oz) and modified spring since the receiver extension that comes with the UBR isn't the same specs as a factory 308 carbine receiver extension. You can use the slash buffer and spring with a standard 308 carbine receiver extension if you decide later to go that route.

http://www.heavybuffers.com/ar10carbine.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Double-edged</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does a standard AR15 Geiselle trigger work in a DPMS .308 lower?</div></div>

Yep.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Double-edged</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Does a Bravo Company grip fit the DPMS .308 lower?</div></div>

Yep. They're all the same mounting there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Double-edged</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Yep. The buffer tubes are all the same. As for the buffer, same again. If you're firing it off the bench, a heavier buffer isn't a bad idea since you don't care about how fast the action cycles.

Rich