• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Current AI production of left handed rifles

paindoc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2008
Peoples Republic of Michigan
Does anyone know which models and which calibers are currently being offered by AI in left handed actions.
Checking both their website and calling mile high I am still left with lack of information.
I would love to buy a LEFTY AI in 338, and a 260 or 6.5 cm right now.

To the best of my knowledge they have only made a left handed production run of the AW308, which can be rebarrel into a .260/6.5/.243 etc. I've never seen nor heard of a lefty AI .338

My guess is they will never make one due to the limited audience and cost of retooling for the big gun.

The Lefty AW is an awesome rifle and worth every penny. I would HIGHLY recommend owning one at some point.

MV

FYI
We did one production run of AW308's for general sale and have also made left hand AW magnums for some military customers.
We will consider making more left hand rifles, probably AX in all calibers, but it will be at least a year before we do anything.
Regards,
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

So if I could find another lefty AW I could easily re barrel it to a 260? Forgive the newbie question but what other changes to the rifle needed to completely convert to a 308 aw to a 260?

FYI
We did one production run of AW308's for general sale and have also made left hand AW magnums for some military customers.
We will consider making more left hand rifles, probably AX in all calibers, but it will be at least a year before we do anything.
Regards,
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Thanks for the PM and the reply Tom. As a lefty I have always felt neglected. Is there just not enough profit to routinely tool for both action sides when making a rifle ? Just curious. Even though only 10% of population is lefty, as a premier brand I would think you would dominate this part of the market if you did that.

FYI
Regards,
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Tom are you allowed to say who you made the LH 338s for?

FYI
Regards,
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Tom,
I struck out trying to find an AI lefty at all! I was going to concert a 308 to a 260.
I would like to be put on a list for a new AX in both 338 and a 6 something caliber both in lefty.

What is the best way to know who and when these can be ordered? I am willing to wait as long as I can be assured first crack at those 2 new lefty rifles !!!

Paindoc, did you check with Mile High to see if they had a lefty AW in .308? They had a couple last time I talked to them.

Paindoc, did you check with Mile High to see if they had a lefty AW in .308? They had a couple last time I talked to them.
I emailed them yesterday and was initially told that they had one then when I called back less than than an hour later they said they thought they had a couple but were wrong. They then stated they would call for aina for me and today they told me they would not be receiving ant more.
I don't know what to think.....

I have bought 3 schmidts and 2 AW's from them in past couple of years. It's not like I am a tire kicker so I would think their just aren't any.
Unless they do have them but are promised to someone else or they are holding on to them for reasons unknown.

I purchased a LH Arctic Warefare in .308 about 6 months ago from Mile High. I love it. I am now in the process of installing a .260 barrel.

Word of advice: I purchased the Wheeler barrel vice and it doesn't work very well. I am looking to get something else - perhaps the barrel vice mentioned earlier in the thread.

I emailed them yesterday and was initially told that they had one then when I called back less than than an hour later they said they thought they had a couple but were wrong. They then stated they would call for aina for me and today they told me they would not be receiving ant more.
I don't know what to think.....
I doubt they would lie to you. It was a few months ago when I talked to them. I was in the store in May and they had one on display.

Just so all of you know.......When the AX was introduced at Shot Show a couple of years or so ago I told Scott at AI I'm first on the list for a .338 gun in left hand! LOL! O.K. I don't care if I'm first or not but want to be on the first run!

Just waiting patiently!

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

I want a 338 in left hand. I have too many 308 rifles at this point to be inclined to buy one more. Now as far as 338LM goes I do not have a left hand one at this point.

I do want to be on the list.

I just purchased the last currently available 2013 left hand action AW .308 in the UK from Sporting Services and it rocks! I still have my AE MKIII which I'm now loathed to sell with the discontinuation announcement of that model.
Must get around to ordering some viperskins for my new AW as they are a first class product and super ergonomic! The new AI mouldings on the AW folding stock also do not allow for the fitment (with out cutting out the rear stock) of a rear monopod which the Viperskins V2 does.