• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Current best 1" tube options?

Brym427

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2021
PA
What are the current best 1" tube scopes out there? Reason i want 1" is because its going on my .22 air rifle and .22lr. I want light weight and compact. I dont shoot past 100 usually so magnification doesnt have to be super high. I would prefer some kind of reticle with a tree or mil dots

I have had one of these for 15 years for a hunting scope... Still have it for a reason, despite also owning mostly all 30mm and 34mm scopes... 1.) It's super light, 2.) It has amazing glass for a 1" scope, 3.) It's super bright and has an amazing FOV.

I highly recommend this scope for any serious hunter who wants to stick with a 1" tube. I would put it on your .22LR, but I would avoid putting it on an air rifle.

Mine has traveled around from rifle to rifle over the years, and it's whacked & stacked a lot of deer... It's currently on my recently modded 2000 Ruger M77 MKII 7mm-08 that I've had since new.

IMG_9282.jpegIMG_9283.jpegIMG_9284.jpeg

Last edited:
I have had one of these for 15 years for a hunting scope... Still have it for a reason, despite also owning mostly all 30mm and 34mm scopes... 1.) It's super light, 2.) It has amazing glass for a 1" scope, 3.) It's super bright and has an amazing FOV.

I highly recommend this scope for any serious hunter who wants to stick with a 1" tube.

Mine has traveled around from rifle to rifle over the years, and it's whacked & stacked a lot of deer... It's currently on my recently modded 2000 Ruger M77 MKII 7mm-08 that I've had since new.

View attachment 8194566View attachment 8194567View attachment 8194568
I will definitely look into that one! Thanks

I will definitely look into that one! Thanks
Please note... I had accidentally glossed-over the part where you said you were wanting it for an air rifle, as well. I would avoid doing that. Air rifles have reverse recoil from the heavy springs inside of them that push the air pistons to launch the pellets. You need an air rifle rated scope for that. Something like a cheap SWFA SS would be great for the air rifle, and I believe they're air rifle rated, but not sure. I do know they're tough as nails and rated for .50 BMG recoil, and have a lifetime warranty. So, they're worth looking into. And they're not very expensive.

I would not hesitate to use the Kahles on your .22LR though, as it would be an awesome squirrel and varmint scope. You will enjoy it on your rimfire rifle.

Please note... I had accidentally glossed-over the part where you said you were wanting it for an air rifle, as well. I would avoid doing that. Air rifles have reverse recoil from the heavy springs inside of them that push the air pistons to launch the pellets. You need an air rifle rated scope for that. Something like a cheap SWFA SS would be great for the air rifle, and I believe they're air rifle rated, but not sure. I do know they're tough as nails and rated for .50 BMG recoil, and have a lifetime warranty. So, they're worth looking into. And they're not very expensive.

I would not hesitate to use the Kahles on your .22LR though, as it would be an awesome squirrel and varmint scope. You will enjoy it on your rimfire rifle.
Im looking to have the same scope on both air rifle and 22lr. This is whats on the air rifle now, it was a package that the dealer put together. Its not half bad and im considering putting it on the 22lr but i figured id check with the hide to see if theres something cooler or better to use in the 1" game. The rifles are a daystate huntsman revere and ruger 77/22

don’t forget that there are pcp airguns (non spring) nowadays, whole different animal than a springer, and don’t suffer from the reverse recoil issue

Im looking to have the same scope on both air rifle and 22lr. This is whats on the air rifle now, it was a package that the dealer put together. Its not half bad and im considering putting it on the 22lr but i figured id check with the hide to see if theres something cooler or better to use in the 1" game. The rifles are a daystate huntsman revere and ruger 77/22

The Ruger 77/22 would be a great host for the Kahles. But I can't help much on the air rifle.

don’t forget that there are pcp airguns (non spring) nowadays, whole different animal than a springer, and don’t suffer from the reverse recoil issue
I've seen those, but I haven't been into air guns, since I was a kid, and that was 30 years ago... So a lot has changed.

Reactions: Sigma
I've seen those, but I haven't been into air guns, since I was a kid, and that was 30 years ago... So a lot has changed.
you wouldn’t believe what they have out now sir, it’s impressive.

you wouldn’t believe what they have out now sir, it’s impressive.
Im not sure if my daystate has reverse recoil or not. But i do know that it will shoot a 1" group at 100 with tiny 22 pelets. Thats impressive to me at least

The Ruger 77/22 would be a great host for the Kahles. But I can't help much on the air rifle.
Maybe this would be good for both? I like that the ocular seems to be smaller than the mtc scope and kahles. The bolt on the 77/22 gets stupid tight to any scope ive tried

Im not sure if my daystate has reverse recoil or not. But i do know that it will shoot a 1" group at 100 with tiny 22 pelets. Thats impressive to me at least
i owned a daystate regal and many other pcp’s. they do not have reverse recoil, you are good to go to put any scope you want on there.

Maybe this would be good for both? I like that the ocular seems to be smaller than the mtc scope and kahles. The bolt on the 77/22 gets stupid tight to any scope ive tried
The glass and construction is Japanese, so they will be pretty decent scopes (I have a few SWFA SS scopes laying around), but it will be nowhere near the quality of that Kahles.

The glass and construction is Japanese, so they will be pretty decent scopes (I have a few SWFA SS scopes laying around), but it will be nowhere near the quality of that Kahles.
What do you think of the leupold vx3 hd scopes? How would they compare to the kahles? Nothing against the Kahles im just not sure if i want to spend quite that much on my " play " 22s

What do you think of the leupold vx3 hd scopes? How would they compare to the kahles? Nothing against the Kahles im just not sure if i want to spend quite that much on my " play " 22s
I wouldn't spend YOUR money on a Leupold. 😂 I used to be a fan 20 years ago, until I learned better, and realized that Leupold is still running on 30 year old technology charging premium prices for it. There's much better, and more modern out there. That Kahles is leaps and bounds over the Leupold VX3.

Another excellent option would be the Zeiss Conquest. You can find them on eBay as well. This would be an awesome option, for slightly less than the Kahles.

I've had one of these for 15 years, that's been sitting on my custom .25-06 Ackley Improved, and the glass is impressive for the price. But it's the same price as the Kahles.

Reactions: Brym427