• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Current selling trend

FNG1001

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2022
USA
Anyone else notice the influx of Leupold Mark5hd scopes being listed for sale in the PX? There were a couple other commonly listed things, but I'm blanking on it now.

Reactions: Rexwagon
They're super popular and most here have rifle ADHD. When the Razors 4.5-27's were the popular option there was a lot of those floating around too. Same for the Mark 4's back in the day and now you hardly see them for sale in comparison despite there being a shit load out there and very out dated.

They were the hot thing, and guys are moving on to the next new thing.

Notice many of them are vendors.

That’s because people are realizing there’s better scopes out there for less money.

Depends on what's "better". They are far lighter than their competition. Their sheer numbers mean there will be more broken and bad ones.

Don't forget that they still make more scopes in a few months than every euro company does combined in a year.

Maybe I got lucky, but my examples are spot on. Glass is good, tracking perfect. I have seen much more expensive scopes with worse glass, and can say that unless you're spending $1k+ more you can't beat it.

Add in the mill/Leo/fr discounts and they are massively popular for a reason.

They were the hot thing, and guys are moving on to the next new thing.

Notice many of them are vendors.

Depends on what's "better". They are far lighter than their competition. Their sheer numbers mean there will be more broken and bad ones.

Don't forget that they still make more scopes in a few months than every euro company does combined in a year.

Maybe I got lucky, but my examples are spot on. Glass is good, tracking perfect. I have seen much more expensive scopes with worse glass, and can say that unless you're spending $1k+ more you can't beat it.

Add in the mill/Leo/fr discounts and they are massively popular for a reason.
Lightweight does not forbear quality… And in the optics world, lightweight tends to lean towards fragility. Look at all the true alpha scopes…They’re typically very robust and have some heft to them. There’s a reason for that. Then, look at Leupold’s break/warranty rate, and you’ll understand why their scopes aren’t worth the price, other than for lightweight hunting rigs.

Last edited:
High volumes of scopes sold on the primary market typically results in comparatively high volumes on the secondary market.

There's also people trying to fund their hobby with prize table items and/or discounted items they receive from 'sponsors'.

Reactions: sporterboy
They're super popular and most here have rifle ADHD. When the Razors 4.5-27's were the popular option there was a lot of those floating around too. Same for the Mark 4's back in the day and now you hardly see them for sale in comparison despite there being a shit load out there and very out dated.
That’s because MK4’s are fragile trash. Ask any sniper or Armorer. 😂

Lightweight does not forbear quality… And in the optics world, lightweight tends to lean towards fragility. Look at all the true aloha scopes…They’re typically very robust and have some heft to them. There’s a reason for that. Then, look at Leupold’s break/warranty rate, and you’ll understand why their scopes aren’t worth the price, other than for lightweight hunting rigs.

Oddly enough I haven't broken a Leupold yet.

I have broken a bunch of vortex, and they weren't light.

Tangent and zco both make lighter options than a razor. Does that make them inferior to the razor?

Or how about the guy here that was talking nightforce to court because they refused to replace a defective scope because "they never fail". Then guys came out of the woodwork with stories of sending them in and getting new ones returned (different serial numbers, missing witness marks) with notes of "nothing wrong, nothing needed fixing".
Hiding the real numbers by trying to convince your customers they're crazy is crazy in itself.

Everything mechanical can and will break. Just a fact of the universe. No sense carrying extra pounds around if I don't need to.

Lightweight does not forbear quality… And in the optics world, lightweight tends to lean towards fragility. Look at all the true alpha scopes…They’re typically very robust and have some heft to them. There’s a reason for that. Then, look at Leupold’s break/warranty rate, and you’ll understand why their scopes aren’t worth the price, other than for lightweight hunting rigs.
Umm...the heaviest scope I have ever owned was a Razor and they break frequently and have seen more of those sell here than any other scope this year. What really makes a scope "alpha" the price, the weight of the optics?

And that has exactly what to do with my point that the most popular scopes are what you’ll see floating around on the used market at any given time?

Fuck you’re dumb.
Just like you, nobody ever said that the general public isn’t retarded.

Where is Leupold break/warranty rate posted and how did you compare that with other manufacturers to come to that conclusion?
I used to sell them, mount them, repackage them, contact their rep and CS, and send back Leuplods nearly 10:1 versus everything else. I based it off of personal experience.

Reactions: BurtG
Umm...the heaviest scope I have ever owned was a Razor and they break frequently and have seen more of those sell here than any other scope this year. What really makes a scope "alpha" the price, the weight of the optics?
Vortex is trash. And razors are not alpha. How did this suddenly become that I’m “pro-vortex”? 🤷🏼

What makes a scope an alpha tier optic? The quality of the components and workmanship. Price seems follow for this reason, even if some are ridiculously overpriced.

Vortex is trash. And razors are not alpha. How did this suddenly become that I’m “pro-vortex”? 🤷🏼

What makes a scope an alpha tier optic? The quality of the components and workmanship. Price seems follow for this reason, even if some are ridiculously overpriced.
So I guess only guys with Tangent Theta and Zero Compromise optics are competitive in shooting sports as they never go back for warranty work....give me a break!

So I guess only guys with Tangent Theta and Zero Compromise optics are competitive in shooting sports as they never go back for warranty work....give me a break!
Never said that. Y’all are as bad at optics, as you are politics... Just because I don’t support your guy, doesn’t automatically mean I support the other guy. 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

And some ZCO models we’re having lens cracking issues. Nothing man-made is impervious to defect or damage, regardless of price.

Never said that. Y’all are as bad at optics, as you are politics... Just because I don’t support your guy, doesn’t automatically mean I support the other guy. 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

And some ZCO models we’re having lens cracking issues. Nothing man-made is impervious to defect or damage, regardless of price.
Politics? I now find it humorous as the Christensen Arms MPR fanboy is lecturing the forum on quality...regardless of price :medal::medal::medal:

I was about to get another MK5, but looked through one recently and was reminded on why I sold my last one. Good looking scope, decent reticles but the glass quality was meh and the sight picture on them is horrible. Only reason why I think so many people have them is either they got them cheap, kinda like how Vortex has 30-40% off if you qualify for x program, as a prize or just testing them out. There are a lot better scopes for the money.

Back to schedule scope bitching debate.

Reactions: YotaEer and FuhQ
call it a gas lite sale and if your looking to buy one now's your chance just know when you go to sell it your going to loose 1/3rd the value as you should for a used item .

I don't know why people hate on the mark5hd. I own a 5-25 and a 7-35, and for the price they pack a ton of punch. For 1500-1800 used what is actually better??

Politics? I now find it humorous as the Christensen Arms MPR fanboy is lecturing the forum on quality...regardless of price :medal::medal::medal:
I own 2 of them…How does that make me a fanboy? 🙄 I own a dozen 700 customs, so I guess you could call me a 700 fanboy. 😂

Y’all’s egos are just as weak as your insults. 🤣

Sounds like Poors bitching about things they can’t afford to me…

You take pics of your guns on your bed which is a tell tale sign of living in your parents basement. That or you’re a slob and it’s the only semi presentable place to lay them for a picture. Never mind how stupid it is to lay shit covered in lead and GSR where you roll around for 8hr a day.

I own 2 of them…How does that make me a fanboy? 🙄 I own a dozen 700 customs, so I guess you could call me a 700 fanboy. 😂

Y’all’s egos are just as weak as your insults. 🤣
My point was not meant to be an insult, I also have a MPR and just got it back with a new bolt and barrel a week or two ago. I have owned a few Razors and own 3 MK5's right now and never had to send any of those back. I have had to send back a few Nightforce and ZCO's for warranty issues so not sure the "quality...regardless of price" argument holds up. The fanboy part was in reference to your videos that seem to be praising the MPR in your monthly YouTube saga posted here in the CA thread.

You take pics of your guns on your bed which is a tell tale sign of living in your parents basement. That or you’re a slob and it’s the only semi presentable place to lay them for a picture. Never mind how stupid it is to lay shit covered in lead and GSR where you roll around for 8hr a day.
It’s called a guest room where I keep my reloading equipment and safes…But nice try. 🤣

My point was not meant to be an insult, I also have a MPR and just got it back with a new bolt and barrel a week or two ago. I have owned a few Razors and own 3 MK5's right now and never had to send any of those back. I have had to send back a few Nightforce and ZCO's for warranty issues so not sure the "quality...regardless of price" argument holds up. The fanboy part was in reference to your videos that seem to be praising the MPR in your monthly YouTube saga posted here in the CA thread.
I’m still waiting on my 6mm ARC MPR to come back from Christensen after having grouping issues. It’s been there for a couple months now. Hopefully I’ll have it back in the next couple weeks. They’re definitely not impervious to defects.

I post the videos because it’s something to do in my spare time. Not for a career. I do the same thing whether I’m recording it, or not. Might as well record it, and post it on YouTube for fun. 🤷🏼

Reactions: match308
I guess not… Back then it was normal for people bring them back into the store they bought it from.
Back then? No one gives a damn about what 1 shop saw come through 20 years ago. I thought you were bringing up something somewhat relevant.

To help keep the thread “relevant”😂

I just got a email asking if I was a demon.
How does one know if they are or not?
Do you get an alert from satan? Membership packet maybe? Or do you just know it from the start?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sgtsmmiii
The keep the thread relevant.

Do you get an alert from satan? Membership packet maybe? Or do you just know it from the start?
You, as a human are not a demon. You may, however be possessed by one. You'll get a notification the terms and service agreement and a few legal docs. at some point if you are/ or will be possessed.
You may be entitled to compensation.

The keep the thread “relevant”😂

Sweet! After reading this thread, it just makes sense.

• Haha
Reactions: Gohring65
I have 20+ leupolds over 30 years and never had a problem. I think a major issue is that because of leupold’s lifetime policy, people find an old Leupold and send it off for a new scope. If they do not get a new product, they publically bash Leupold until they get the product. I think Leupold and other vendors should immediately require product registration for a lifetime warranty. If the product is sold/transferred it can be done in writing/email. Other companies do this. It will lower costs for Leupold and the consumer. LLBean had this problem and had to change tts policy.

Reactions: Simonsza1