• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Current T3x CTRs - is the cheekpiece removable?

R700P308

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2017
Kentucky
Considering a T3x CTR in .308. I've seen a number of people who have removed the factory cheekpiece and installed cheek pads or aftermarket adjustable units onto the factory stock

Others have said the CTR cheekpieces don't come off.

Who's right? I know they had an early model with an adjustable piece, but what about the current ones?

E5EF6C78B0AD5A67ED31E81C9C4100676B9F5857.jpg

You can replace it with an adjustable riser like kalix teknik, but if you just want it a little higher you can raise it and put a piece of foam under it then replace the plug

You can replace it with an adjustable riser like kalix teknik, but if you just want it a little higher you can raise it and put a piece of foam under it then replace the plug

Very interesting! Hadn't thought of that.

I also have a TacOps cheek pad my wife bought me, so I'd probably just drop that on there.

I have some left over foam pads from Beartooth cheek riser kit and this seems to be a good solution!